Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
If it had been Martin instead of Rose >.>

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Okay, admit it. You cried when you-know-what happened to Rose.
  YES I DID! ;-; Poor, poor Martykins...
  Sad, but I didn't cry. No way. >.> <.< >.>
  Nope. didn't cry, it wasn't sad.
  I hate this couple. D8
  I like apple juice. 8D
View Results

Apple -n- Cinnamon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:26 pm
I saw this awesome fanart by the awesomest Redwall fanartist out there, whose username escapes me now that I need it most, where Martin had gotten to kick the bucket instead of Rose. And in the artist's comments, she said she'd had ideas of Rose founding Redwall afterwards, instead.

Dude! Possible? Discuss! Would Rose make a good founder? What kinds of things would've changed? There probably wouldn't be a sword... hm.. what d'you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:56 pm
I don't think that it would have gone as epically. There is no way rose could have been as great a warrior as martin, but there are ways that she could have helped found redwall anyway. She would have carried Martin's fighting spirit and ideals, and perhaps could have given them the hope they needed. But they would have had to contend with Tsarmina still, and i think that their attempt would have a greater chance of failure. Martin had the motivation to hate Tsarmina. Rose wouldn't.  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

Apple -n- Cinnamon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:50 pm
Yay, conversation of some sort! whee

Personally, I don't think Rose would've gone south to begin with. She would've stayed with the others... even so, if any hero of Jacques' came upon Tsarmina, they would have to defeat her, of course. Providing Rose went off with Gonff and co. to Salamandastron and got some kind of star-weapon, the means for the rest of the books would be there. And maybe Matthias and the other heroes would've been female or something, later on (excluding Triss, of course.)

It's been a while since I've read Martin the Warrior, so forgive me if my perceptions are way off. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 am
I've read Martin the Warrior dozens of times. I disagree to your poll, "OK Admit it, did you cry?" I wont be like-"OH NO IM TOO SHY TO ADMIT IT." Really, anyone who has read MTW will say, "Yeah, I cried at the end. So? It was a good book" No offense, I think you poll is flawed. I did cry, and I'm not afraid to admit it.  

Shadefur the Vicious

Apple -n- Cinnamon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:22 pm
Uh... I'm sorry my poll offended you? D:
I just attach those things for the free gold.

And I do believe you've read Martin the Warrior more than I have, so what do you think about the nature of this topic? Worth discussing? Possible at all?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:58 pm
Well. If she had lived and not Martin. I would think the whole series would've been changed. I guess gender plays a major role, but I'm not going into that topic. neutral I can't say it'll change much though.  

XisTiger

Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff