Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Forum of Rock
Snare Drum Problem

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rebel_Forest_Elf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:06 pm
the snares on the bottom of my snare drum become loose after about 5 hits i've tried tightening them as hard as i can and the turning the knob more but they still come loose

so any suggestions? that won't cost me a ton of money?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:40 pm
I don't really know considering I use a practice pad at home and a school-owned snare at school but would you consider taping it? It's not that brilliant but then again, neither am I. You could also take it to the shop and they'll suggest things better than taping stuff...  

steflowr

SK Loda

Omnipresent Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 pm
Rebel_Forest_Elf
the snares on the bottom of my snare drum become loose after about 5 hits i've tried tightening them as hard as i can and the turning the knob more but they still come loose

so any suggestions? that won't cost me a ton of money?

What you need to do is look on the side of your drum. There will usually be a piece of plastic or string that acts as the tension for the snares. Generally, it will be held up by two plates connected by two screws.

Loosen the screws, pull the tension cord or plastic thing tight, and then re-tighten the screws. You probably got it and the screws were loose, and when you hit it, they loosened up more. It happens to me sometimes, but generally not. The cords are better than the plastic tab things, as they can knot off, and generally come undone less.  
Forum of Rock

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games