Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Because even NSTG crewmembers need help sometimes. ;)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever had this issue with your Gaia Online home?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._____Good afternoon, NSTG! I've asked around in the Gaia Towns forum for an answer to my inquiries, but no one has really been able to help me out. I hope you can help me! ^__^ Thank you in advance for your response(s)!

No matter what I do to my Gaia Online home - no matter how I save or rearrange the furniture or tiles - all of the lights in my house are off when I go to my house in Gaia Towns. When decorating my home, I always make sure that I click "View" and turn my lights on, and then click "Save;" but it doesn't save! I've tried turning off the lights and clicking on some of my lamps to turn on, and they look fine when I click "View" and then hit "Save." In short, my lighting preferences are never saved when I visit my home in Towns, but everything else - furniture rearrangements, etc. - does get saved. My house is always dark no matter what I do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:04 pm
Sounds like a glitch. Houses are pretty glitchy. I've heard that the devs that work on houses were let go quite a while ago, thus no updates. I've heard that the code is really really old and it needs a complete re-write. 3nodding So in short, it sounds like you're stuck until someone comes in and breathes some fresh life into houses. Bummer is, who knows when that'll be? D:  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:20 pm

I agree that it sounds like a bug. You may also have some luck if you try from a different computer or clear your cache- when I experience bugs on Gaia, sometimes those things will help.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.@ Lady Kayura: Oh, wow; I didn't know that. That really sucks. D: But I wonder how other people manage to keep their houses' lighting working just fine, y'know? I mean, if everyone had the same problem, I would understand - but I've seen some houses that work perfectly. That's why I was wondering if there's a setting or something that I can play around with until it works, but clearly, this problem is bigger than that and just has to do with the coding, like you said. Thank you for your valuable input!

@ Daypaw: Thank you for the suggestions, but I've already done both of those things and neither of those things have done any good for me. ): I think that you're right - it's probably a glitch or a problem with the outdated code. Thank you for posting, though!
User Image  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:36 am
I didn't say that everyone has the same problem. Just a glitch that you have. There's another glitch I've heard where people can't arrange their houses, they can't move a thing or take stuff out of their house. I don't have that issue but I've heard of others unable to do anything. Not all glitches affect everyone. 3nodding

And there's always the issue of, how many people have the issue? I never go into my house in towns so I could have the same problem and not know it. It's not going to be as common if people don't use the feature. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:45 pm
User ImageOh yes - certainly. That makes sense. Not everyone experiences the same glitch, but we would all like for them to be fixed. ^__^ Perhaps that issue would be taken care of if Gaia were to update the system and give it some tlc.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Gaia has a way of putting things off sometimes. We guildies had to demand updates for about four years before we finally got one after the initial release of the guild system. So, it may happen soon or it may happen waaaay off into the future- if it happens at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:28 pm
User ImageI feel your pain. I've been here for four and a half years, and the guild announcement feature has been the first significant change in the guild system since my joining. Lanzer has revealed in recent AtAs that he definitely is working on some changes for the guild and forum system for the end of this year, which I'm definitely looking forward to.

Hopefully, we can expect some changes in housing in the future if we nag them enough in Site Feedback and in the AtA. C:

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Master Princess 100

4,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:01 am
why don't you try asking some of the gaia officials or report it as a bug... I am sorry but there is nothing i can do to help  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:11 pm
This is actually a really old issue that has yet to be addressed. I first noticed it around 2 months after the soulbinding of rings (god knows how long ago that was). I had placed all my rings in my house to show off to guys in zElite how many unsoulbound rings I had. Then all of a sudden I referred someone to my house to view most of my unsoulbound rings and they said they didn't see anything. Sure enough, I go there and they aren't there. At first I thought that they soulbound all rings at that point but then I saw that they were in my invo and unsoulbound. So I tried putting them back in, but it failed. It would never save and when I made an inquiry about it in the bug reports forum, it came back positive that it was a site-wide thing. It's a very peculiar issue that has yet to be addressed by the devs. I'm guessing they're just too busy for those miniscule types of problems.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items