Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Islamic Guild

Back to Guilds

A drama-free guild devoted to Islamic disscussion. 

Tags: Islam, drama-free, discussion, Muslim, Religion 

Reply Chatterbox/charity
And this is why I'm Muslim :/

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:02 am
This

It was a discussion on the Bible and lust.
That self proclaimed devout Christian, thinks lusting for the cashier at Wal-Mart is okay as long as you're not married rolleyes

Sleeeezy. :/  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 am
Ugh, so true! And the funny thing to me is, even within Christianity there are people who follow many Islamic rules... I knew Christian people who would not hug, kiss or have sex with the opposite sex other than a spouse, dressed modestly without showing arms or legs or shape of the figure, etc. A lot of good things in the way of lifestyle...

And my other Christian friends made fun of those people! People who claim Christianity is the only way and failing to live a Godly life is shameful are

a) living with little to no reservations about immodest clothes, dating and physical contact, even sex, drinking, drugs, etc
b) mocking the aforementioned Christian minority as "weird", "old fashioned", "crazy", "going too far" etc.

If challenged on this, they would often maintain illogical defenses, like "lust and sex are ok because people have sex in the bible" and "getting drunk is ok because Jesus drank wine". really? really?! confused  

Majnooni

Arisu-Rin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:02 am
Wow...
Lust is a sin. 7 deadly sins ring a bell?
Anyone?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:19 am
wow... ._. while i myself don't exactly agree with everything said about the lifestyles, i do have to say that excuses are never good... and drinking does NOT equate to getting drunk... i used to be able to dink in moderation before i started partying every weekend. and i didn't have such dramatic freakouts back then because of t. iwas nice and chill, and just relaxed to a little alchaholic buzz and that was it.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Arisu-Rin
Wow...
Lust is a sin. 7 deadly sins ring a bell?
Anyone?

I know right ><
Although, with the NUMEROUS denominations (or sects) of Christianity, the only one that really acknowledges the 7 deadly sins is Catholicism.

The rest pick & choose what they want from the Bible depending on their particular denomination.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:04 pm
I would have to look at this from the viewpoint of where I live. I don't think all countries that follow Christianity are like this. If say, I went to Italy, would they think the same? Phillipines?

I think it's because we're in the stupid Bible belt where people hand down religion and pass it around like someone's old t-shirt. True believers are like True believers of Islam I think. They practice it in the correct manner, or they don't.

Just my opinion.  

8Senna8

Arisu-Rin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:23 pm
This is why I am a Muslim- The Quran always stays the same. This is what my dad told me, and still does- The meaning never changes (Check any translation and i guarantee you it is the same meaning?, and never did the Quran say something that didn't come true. The Quran never said man wouldn't reach the moon. Stuff like that. The Bible has many versions, and I heard that the people who originally wrote the Bible tried to make it more poetic so more people will convert.  
Chatterbox/charity

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games