Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The War for Allansia: FULL! :) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 pm
I have an idea for a new game/2 games, depending on how much interest I get, and if I definetely feel i can handle running it, which shouldn't be a problem.

Basically, I will need two party's of 4 PC's each. The groups will be against each other, but not directly, until perhaps the end of the campaign. Starting level is up for discussion. We could go with level 1, or perhaps a bit higher, maybe even into high heroic tier or higher if the majority votes that way, as Paragon characters could work with the story, which is...

The game will be set in one of my IRL worlds, called Allansia. Long story short, (more details will come if the game goes ahead) one party will be almost as high as the rulers of an empire, so not the King, but perhaps the prince, princess and commaner of the army, or whatever. The other party will be the leaders of a barbarian clan, that lie outside the empire and wish to take what they percieve as their land back.

The empire wants to eradicate the barbarian threat, whether it be by negotiating peace and bringing them into the empire, or wiping them out.

At the same time the barbarians will be gathering forces from the surrounding clans, hoping to get a large enough force to attack the empire.

There will be much more in depth info. to come, but only if there is interest...

So is there?

Possible Members:

Empire
- WingedDemonVM - Elven Avenger
- PrismCity - Swordmage
- iDragow - Eladrin Wizard
- SporkMaster5000 - Gnome Bard

Barbarians
- Rain Yupa - Star Pact Warlock
- Arc Vembris - Longtooth Shifter Warden
- Velvet Assassin - Dwarven Warden
- Psychofish

Maybes/Undecided  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:05 pm
Heh. I think I might be interested in this one. As being one of the higher-ups of the empire. (Though I think I'll have to check with you as to what my character's exact position is...)  

WingedDemonVM

SkyCore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:23 pm
iDragow and I have talked about playing military themed characters. So this might be a good game to try em in.

So if i could play an officer with the Empire's army I would definitely be interested in breaking out my Swordmage.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:28 pm
Yeah, of course you could be an officer Prism, and Wing what type of character would you want to be?

I've had a thought though, if we start at 1st level, I don't think it would be appropriate to have a high ranking officer, or a prince, or a princess...at first level. So i may go with the higher level ideas, depending on the type and rank of the characters people want to make.

And as a side note, I have two people that have reserved slots sort of, they are two of my PC's from this IRL world and I think they may want to explore it more, but they will have to get back to me soon or they will lose their secured place!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:32 pm
I miiight wanna try, but I gotta limit myself to new games unless I'm really in love with the character, so I might take a bit to dream something good up. Don't mark me down yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:34 pm
Oh s**t! i'm in, gnome bard. Kingdom's court jester, it'll be awesome.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

SkyCore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:00 pm
Ok so with iDragow (assuming I'm allowed to hold a stop for him?) that makes 4 people for the empire.

we just need to fill spots for the dirty filthy savages now! xp  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:03 pm
Lol yeah, Although I could maybe stretch to five people in a party, if there was lots of interest...

And Spork...why would the empire send their jester on an incredibly important mission? razz and that isn't a no, its a, make up a good reason!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:34 pm
this sounds an awful lot like a dnd version of suikoden xD. perhaps you are divining inspiration from there? I might join, my schedule is a little rough atm but yeah....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:43 pm
NayrVentess
Lol yeah, Although I could maybe stretch to five people in a party, if there was lots of interest...

And Spork...why would the empire send their jester on an incredibly important mission? razz and that isn't a no, its a, make up a good reason!
because he's a magic jester, duh, why else would he be an arcane class? rolleyes

seriously though, he'd be totally magic, and flaunt it. he doesn't just make people laugh, he comes with special effects. he'd have the virtue of cunning, so it'll be like he could've been or, even better, once was a great wizard, but he chose to crack jokes instead. He makes no secret about that, so when the s**t with barbarians starts, he offers up his considerable arcane talents in service of the kingdom. He just doesn't mention that his considerable arcane talents involve pointing and laughing at the opposition while he waves around his jester's scepter (which will be a magic wand).  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:09 pm
VelvetAssasin
this sounds an awful lot like a dnd version of suikoden xD. perhaps you are divining inspiration from there? I might join, my schedule is a little rough atm but yeah....

I have no idea what Suikoden is...so no lol smile

And Spork, I am liking the concept...accepted! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:11 am
a joke:

I should be a goliath half-vampire, then I could be "Fifty! I have killed fifty of the imperials! Ha! Ha! Haaaaa!"

:a joke, not really my plan  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:40 pm
Ok, I know we only have four defos, and two maybes...but if you want to start making characters and stuff go ahead. If we don't get much more interest we could always just play the empires side of the conflict. I've decided to start the game at level 8, because the characters on both sides would have to be pretty powerful to be chosen for this task. All sources in the DnD character builder are accepted so go ahead and make crazy characters, with the following exceptions:

Empire: Only 'civilized' races are in the empire. I understand that sounds hazy, but e.g. No shifters, no goliaths, no half-orcs and no monster races. Some exceptions may be allowed but ask me first. Also, primal classes do not exist within the empire. That may seem restrictive, but if you want to play a primal character, join the barbarian clans! smile

Also, think about what type of characters would have been chosen for this type of mission; one which will contain a good amount of diplomacy, even though it may degenerate into a slaying mission. So characters that have the linguist feat may be useful, especially since the monster races are part of the clans. And obviously, 'roleplaying' skills, like bluff, insight, diplomacy excetera will always be useful, as in most games of course. This doesn't mean that the empire party won't fight, but there will be less fighting for the empire party to begin with that the barbarians.

The Barbarian Clans: Some races that are restricted include: Tiefling and Deva, I just don't see these races ever being un-civilized. Class restrictions - All the divine classes are of limits. Part of the reason that the clans oppose the empire is the overwhelming support and reverence of the Gods. The clans solely worship the Primal Beast and his aspects.

The type of characters that would be at the head of the Clans would be the toughest and most influential people. So a half-orc warden would seem perfect. But, that warden who is a clan cheif, would also have his shaman as an advisor. So that is a good way to make pre-existing relationships for your characters. ---Just to clarify, although their are many clans, all the party comes from one clan, the Lotus Blossom clan. Sounds a bit pansy, but they are the largest and most powerful clan around. But they want to bring all the clans under their banner to take on the empire. ---Within this, one PC should definitely be the clan leader...whoever that may be, you are free to make it up.

So, go ahead and start making! Feel free to ask any questions...Oh and its standard point buy, with the standard magic items for a level 8 character, level 7, 8, 9 and gold of a level 7 item, which is 2,600gp.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:46 pm
Maybe I should join this, with Fools Grove ending. I've mostly been ignoring this and Spork's threads, in an effort to allow new pplz to take the spots.

But I notice the Barbarian listing is rather... empty.

Though, a question would be, if I joined, would that scare other people away? Even if I promise not to worship Pelor, or any sort of sun diety? >_________>'  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:51 pm
Rain Yupa
Maybe I should join this, with Fools Grove ending. I've mostly been ignoring this and Spork's threads, in an effort to allow new pplz to take the spots.
oh, you're ignoring me. i see how it is. fine, be that way. stare

Quote:
Even if I promise not to worship Pelor, or any sort of sun diety? >_________>'
i'm tellin ya man, moon > sun. sehanine's worshippers get all the chicks. goddess of love. wink  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff