Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
The very 1st piece of artwork Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loveprince 008

Romantic Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:17 am

Mmm, my first memorable piece of art was a drawing of a rockhopper penguin when I was in nusery. xD
It won me a bar of soap. (Srsly, why did the teacher give such a prize? D smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:29 pm
I drew anywhere and anytime I could when I was little. I've been dooding forever. I didn't really start drawing till fifth grade I think. When i started putting thought into what I was drawing. sweatdrop  

FrozenVendetta

squirrel17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:55 pm
i cant really remember what my frist picture was, but i do remember trying to draw pikachu an lot and i failed miserably at it...

my deviantart id is squrrel135847 for any of you guys who are interested in seeing my art gallery. its not many pictures though...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:54 pm
a crappy headshot of young son goku
from dragonball
xp  

FlipMaester

Fashionable Genius

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Statustician 100

Sazarac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:18 pm
Ummm...really!? A bar of soap? eek
THAT is the WEIRDEST prize EVER!

Loveprince 008

Mmm, my first memorable piece of art was a drawing of a rockhopper penguin when I was in nusery. xD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:40 pm

hmm lol I feel like every kid 'draws' when they're little - I mean who doesn't have crayons? It's just that some of us KEEP drawing after people stop making us do it xD;;

But I guess some of my earliest memories of drawing include:
- drawing peacocks when I was at my mom's office ~ 3/4 yrs old
- imitating Chinese characters before I knew how to write
- ... my mom actually put me in a painting class when I was 3... the teacher told me my cherry blossoms were too small; I remember thinking "they're not too small, my hand is just smaller than yours" lol...
- princess drawings in kindergarten...
- long phase of kittens and unicorns through grade school XD;;

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

Hishiro Zev

Distinct Lover

3,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:32 pm
I'm pretty sure the very first thing I ever drew was a picture of my dog...I have it somewhere still...but I don't wanna look for it...I seen it the other day...and it looks like a smiley face...lol  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:24 pm
lol. I remember when I first started to draw. when I was roughly 3 years old (ish) I drew a picture in one of those erase and draw again things and my mom and dad saw it. They took a picture of it and immediately put me into art class! unfortunately, we moved so I only got about 1/2 a years' proper class. we were learning how to draw still life but I just couldn't draw an eggplant! I got so angry with that vegetable. -_- We visit the place once in a couple of years and the art teacher still remembers me heart  

xX_Zella_Xx

3,850 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

AnnessaJones

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:00 pm
My first drawing was probably done when I was two. It was a picture of a bride, with the most beautiful and dress. In my head it was white but when the light hit it just right it refracted all the colors of the rainbow. Of course not that I look back o it it's just a crappy picture of a barely recognizable human in a multi-colored blob drawn with crayon on blue construction paper, but hey I still remember it to this day.

My second piece of art was a collage of money glued to green construction paper. My mom was not too happy about that one. I still don't get why. It was only a couple quarters and like two twenties, not that big of a deal. > razz
~Jonesy pirate  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:25 am
Loveprince 008

Seriously, who would give that kind of prize?! You're a kid back then! rofl

Anyways, my first artwork would be... I think... I drew a doctor and it was done horribly (According to my present opinion) that I never ever forgot it. However, back then, I was so happy and contented... Uh...

The doctor had a straight body with to oblong protrusions in the upper part of the rectangle (Since his torso looks like a rectangle with a slit in the middle). Then, the circle head that is directly attached to the rectangular body with no neck, had two circles representing glasses and a smiley. Ahahahahaha... Couldn't forget... And by the way, he has no hair and the feet... well, just imagine two smaller torso... Ahahahahaahha! rofl  

keichaos

Bozo2008123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:28 pm
I drew people all the time. I drew my family, my mom has told me when i was six i copied the line art of Dr. Suess but that wasn't my first  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:17 am
My very first drawing was a tree, and I can't consider it my first artwork cause back then I just drew that tree as part of an assignment.

The very first artwork I consider would be the poster I made for health month when I was in third grade. I used color pastels and my finger and a ruler, didn't use pencils and eraser like the other contestants, but hey I won 2nd prize. Just did what I think on the spot, kept adding until no portion of the white illustration board is uncolored. Back then I enjoy drawing stuff so much.

Won again during 4th grade, second prize
then on my fifth grade I got asked by an ice cream company to make a pster for them. Well, they accepted it but they didn't post it too long.
Transfered to the province [ rural area ] for sixth grade
>> the hell they teased me and told me I was cheating, I won the 2nd prize for another poster making contest. Strict rules: use 3 colors only plus black and white, I used blue, red, and green, and the other competitors were boasting that they'd be using ultramarine, scarlet, lavender, whatever :"]

Hehe, I told a lot when I was only asked of my first art work
--- It's a picture, as I've said, I've drawn during third grade for a competition. all sorts of food and medicine, a doctor, a happy child, eating eating eating

Death Faust IX

Magnetic Sex Symbol

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

PoisonousMoonlight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:44 am
Finger painting, two years old I tried painting my mother. Oh and when I was six I used paint to draw on my pregnant mommys tummy to draw what the baby was going to look like. It took her 3 weeks to wash off.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:16 am
AnnessaJones

My second piece of art was a collage of money glued to green construction paper. My mom was not too happy about that one. I still don't get why. It was only a couple quarters and like two twenties, not that big of a deal. > razz
~Jonesy pirate

At last, I found someone as bad as me. Or maybe i'm still worse, lol.
My mom tells me I used to draw all over her bills if she left them anywhere I could reach.

There's video proof of me drawing a camel when I was about 4 years old, but I guess my first real try at art came in the form of CHARIZAAAARRRRD. From there a lot of dragons inspired by final fantasy and chrono cross.
I remember the first time I ever saw pokemon. I was in third or fourth grade and everyone was playing with these little cardboard cutout cards with the pictures on them. They got them off the back of a lunchables box. I'd never had a lunchables before and some kid gave me an Electrode and a Mewtwo and I remember thinking I got kind of mediocre cards.
rofl  

Badeye

Shirtless Friend

Nonobotica

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:16 am
whee The erlyest drawing I think I did was when I attempted to draw christmas trees. From when I was like 2-4:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/nonobot/myfirstishchristmastreecopy.jpg
(Or maybe I drew that yesterday~ Ohohoho)
How could I get it wrong! I even had a reference!  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff