Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
The very 1st piece of artwork Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sazarac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm
Can anyone remember their very first piece of artwork?
The subject matter, the medium, what it was on, why it was done?

They say you never forget your first..or do you?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:21 pm
Hmm... it's hard to say what my very first drawing was, but I remember I drew a cat like this:

http://www.fiction.us/potter/benjamin/benjamin_files/47-tb.jpg

'Cept the one I drew was asleep instead of awake. ^^ This was like 1st grade and I remembered being so happy about it. I wish I still had it around.  

Syrella
Crew

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100

Laila Izuka

Agile Paladin

13,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:30 pm
I have no idea what the first thing was that I drew. It was probably some scribbles or something simple and sloppy.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:37 pm
Sailor Moon fanart in 4th grade. Yesyesyes.  

clocktock

Eizoryu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:16 pm
Oh man... The first thing I was ever really proud of was a dragon I drew on huge craft paper. It was inspired by this dragon, Lunarian. I look back on it and think it's awful now, but for the time (I was about...6-ish?), it was pretty good.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:37 pm
Kindergarden, i drew in pencil and colored with crayons.
My teacher wanted us to draw our families...
My picture looked like the colors in a rainbow rebelled and created their own rebel rainbows on random parts of the page.

Later on in 1st-3rd grade we went to a theater where we watched a puppet show. After we got back the teacher asked us to draw what was on the table.

I kept going, drew the monkey on the table, drew its ear folded, colored it all in and added some background toys.

All looked pretty cruddy but you could tell what was what and yea...lol
T'was aweshome!  

Tiara_Estella

Shirtless Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:05 pm
My blog.

I kept most of my art since I was around 11 or 12. I can recall some mental images of other things prior, but nothing really.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am
You mean like our very first drawing? Or what our first actual drawing was? Well, my first actual drawing was a picture of Pikachu I drew in 1st grade. xd  

Yvienna

Yvienna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:59 am
You mean like our very first drawing? Or what our first actual drawing was? Well, my first actual drawing was a picture of Pikachu I drew in 1st grade. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:36 am
I have been doing art since before I remember so I really don't know xp  

u nd i

Sazarac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:31 pm
Well....both I suppose. When we are kids we scribble and such, but at what point have we created our first real conscious piece of art? I drew horse heads for ever. I made my mom draw them so I could see how she did it, then I traced over them. But it was a while before I created something on my own. It was a horse. Just not her horse. It was all mine.

Kapateen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:35 pm
I don't really remember but my dad kept one thing that was really old. It's a framed drawing of my family climbing mount everest with our range rover xP  

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

lalamariana

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:37 pm
It makes me sad that I don't have a picture but my first piece of art was done in pre-school. We had a sidewalk chalk competition and I was paired with my arch nemesis in art. Of course it was only a sun with a smiley face but that is the first thing I probably considered art.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:27 pm
When i was little i splashed paint all over a piece of paper for my grandma. I think she still has it.

Podium

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

impish whimsy

Voter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:39 pm
Oh man, I must have been like a half a year old... I've been scribbling on the walls with crayons since before I can remember... or so I'm told.

My gramma has some of my stuff from like first grade and below.
Apparently I always had a thing for dark hair on light people with blue eyes. Haha, such an emo little kid. Or maybe I just didn't have the right color crayons, I don't know. [/woahItalkalot]

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff