Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Have sword, will travel: another fourth edition game. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:19 am
Toryc shares the "Mysterious thing killed my village" background with Kradh, maybe they could be friends. Or at least, maybe they could relate to one another, Kradh is significantly lacking in the same level of trauma.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:29 am
Possibly; although chances are that your character won't know that about him. He tends to keep his past to himself.

I wasn't sure whether to go with the "Whole village killed" story of my Gnoll barb (Who I have yet to play sweatdrop ), or maybe do a "Village won't accept him because of his powers" type of thing. But then I remembered that Gnolls supposedly have some Demonic blood in them, so are probably a little bit more tolerant of those with power from the Shadowfell. sweatdrop  

iDragow

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:08 am
iDragow
Possibly; although chances are that your character won't know that about him. He tends to keep his past to himself.

I wasn't sure whether to go with the "Whole village killed" story of my Gnoll barb (Who I have yet to play sweatdrop ), or maybe do a "Village won't accept him because of his powers" type of thing. But then I remembered that Gnolls supposedly have some Demonic blood in them, so are probably a little bit more tolerant of those with power from the Shadowfell. sweatdrop
when I was entertaining the idea of a gnoll barb for Nayr's game I wanted to make him a balls-to-the wall, chaotic evil yeenoghu lover. I was going to give him a "Whole clan killed" backstory too. Though, i was also going to make him responsible for it, so not exactly the same.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 am
SporkMaster5000
iDragow

when I was entertaining the idea of a gnoll barb for Nayr's game I wanted to make him a balls-to-the wall, chaotic evil yeenoghu lover. I was going to give him a "Whole clan killed" backstory too. Though, i was also going to make him responsible for it, so not exactly the same.

That would have been cool, although I do love Gerash >.<  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:44 am
NayrVentess
SporkMaster5000
iDragow

That would have been cool, although I do love Gerash >.<
yeah, i think he might've stepped on Cain's toes though, so no regrets on the necromancer. i mean, they both would've been crazy, carrion-eating melee strikers with ties to the abyss, and i would've liked to get butcher's lure in the name of sadism. talk about eerie similarities.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:46 pm
the party in fool's grove has six attacks to deal 1 damage, it should end shortly. I'll probably post the first chapter of this game as soon as combat's over, and deal with the aftermath of the deal while you guys get started. in preparation for that, Prism, give me an online sheet ASAP. Also, i'm taking it you guys don't want a company name? that's fine, just wanna know what i'm dealing with.

One last thing i need from you guys: item wishlists, posted here, in the OOC thread in the subforum or a PM, i'll find it wherever. they don't need to be specific items, just any themes you'd like in your swag (fire, teleports, i dunno, whatever you're into) or even specific weapon and armor types you're going to want. i'd just like to have an idea of the kinds of items you guys would specifically appreciate, so i can mix them in with random rewards, and mitigate the feeling that all i do is try and kill you guys.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:10 pm
To be honest I'm really limited on my item want list. I only have the PHB and PHB2 to choose from. So my choices wont be that awesome. The Preview of it will be something like this:

-Awesome sword of a lot of damage!

-Plate of ha ha you can't hit me!

-Shield of my grandma can swing a weapon better than you.

-Holy Symbol of devote righteousness!

-Miscellaneous magic item I forgot I had but could of been useful on many occasions if I had remembered I had it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:17 pm
Oshi will take what she gets and like it. noted.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:29 pm
SporkMaster5000
Oshi will take what she gets and like it. noted.
Hie! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:31 am
Kradh needs longswords of any kind. They're wands to him. Also robes, boots, gloves are nice.

Maybe we could have a name after something notable happens to us.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:20 am
I'm going to need Ki Focus upgrades, although I imagine I can just buy those from a town. If that's the case, I'm gonna wants shinies, and lots of them.

Also the Awesome sword of a lot of damage and the armor of haha you can't hit me sound very nice.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:41 am
Okay, Fool's grove just finished combat, so chapter 1 is posted in the subforum. If you gave me a wishlist, feel free to jump in, otherwise do that first. Prism, give me your character sheet first too. I'll go about awarding those items I promised for backstories now.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

SkyCore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:45 pm
I'll try to get that to you by tonight sometime.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:51 pm
I would like Chainmail...Finemail if possible although the lowest level for that masterwork is obviously level 6.

A symbol of the Holy Nimbus would be nice.

Bloodsthirst Bracers.

Circlet of Second Chances.

Cloak of the Walking Wounded.

I think those are good to start off with smile  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff