Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Questions about my aquarium (HELP) - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jadeone95

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:43 pm
Where can I get food for my fishes??
Can I clean my aquarium??
What fish is best to start with??  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:06 pm
User Image
Food for your fishes - food comes with your tank so no worries. Its Loamflakes or Skittles you can feed them.

Your tank doesn't need cleaned so unfortunately no you cant clean it.

Any fish is a good fish. From Goldfish to Hermit Cats. Some are pricey though.

Also if you watch the skittles video you get a skittles fish!

Skittles Video announcement
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.User Image

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:48 pm
You should try to have fish with similar interests if nothing else- for example, Ninja fish like your tank to be dark (ALL the time) whereas other fish hate the blacklight (I know my Memphis does) so having fish with similar interests will help you keep your tank happy.

As said before, food is already there (Be careful of the skittle fish if you get them, they HATE loamflakes) and cleaning is not necessary. Most tanks start with goldfish and cuttlefish, both are pretty inexpensive but they have short lifespans also. If you want something that'll last a while, invest in something like a mermaid or turtle :3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._____As others have said, some fish have similar preferences, or interests, if you will. For example, Hermit Cats prefer dark settings, so if you're going to put different fish in your aquarium along with Hermit Cats, they should all have preferences in common so that they can all be happy.

For more information, please check out this great resource:
User Image

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items