Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Velvety Darkness's 4e Campaign-Edit3 Players:4/9-minimum 5. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:30 pm
NayrVentess
WingedDemonVM
Yes indeed! But what level are we starting at? I wanna start making my character.

Level 1, as has been stated...twice... xp

I am up for this, I know you said unaligned people can be evil and good and all that...but is it ok to play an evil character? Or will that clash as some people will probably be good? I have no idea what character im going to make yet, i will need some time smile

unaligned can encompass both good and evil at times, but it's only lawful good/chaotic evil that has issues with opposing alignments. basically a lawful good character will hate a lawful evil character but the lawful evil won't necessarily feel the same way about the lawful good. so here's the alignment list.

this is however in the grand scheme of things, not necessarily how individual characters relate.

plus the standards for what's allowable differs on your race and other factors for example, if you are a elf who was raised amidst orcs you're likely to be torn between your emotions for Corellon and Grumsh.

Lawful Good- hates the opposing Alignment. (CE) and has some(extreme) difficulties with evil(and unaligned/good) beings in general.
Good- Generic but not righteously good.
Chaotic Good- dislikes Lawful Alignments the most,Respects Chaotic persons, tolerates (sometimes barely)Good,Unaligned,CE in that order, prefers to work with Unaligned or Chaotic Alignments.
Lawful Evil-dislikes good alignments and chaotic alignments, tolerates and occasionally works exceptionally well with unaligned aligned individuals.
Evil-Generic but not Outrageously, Evil.
Chaotic Evil-dislikes lawful alignments,respects chaotic ones.

here is a definition of good and evil, in relation to universal truths.

Good/Positive-something that benefits the majority of the world.
Evil/Negative-something that is detrimental to majority of the world.

so for example the lords of the elemental chaos rising up overthrowing the gods and blasting the world out of existence is universally detrimental.

whereas the gods of good and evil collectively rising up and blasting the lords of the elemental chaos out of existence is also an example of a negative result for the world.

in short as an individual character use the alignment in the books but also remember this alignment chart because it can and will be used by me to judge whether you remain your original alignment.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:28 pm
So... We're not going with the usual 4e alignment system of Lawful Good, Good, Unaligned, Evil, Chaotic Evil?  

WingedDemonVM

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:08 pm
That would be an obvious yes xD, I naturally have assumed anyone joining in has at least read through the PHB.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:21 pm
so is anyone interested in this anymore lolz.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:14 pm
Scanning through, I don't see any reference to WHEN you'd be running this, and on what platform. I think those are important details.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:10 pm
when the bare minimal interest arises I was going to start discussing that xD. so far we only have four interested so yeah..... the title contains both of that info I believe.

fourth edition and the minimum party size.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:15 pm
... this is going to be a chatroom-styled game. Not a PBP? That's the impression I was under.

If so, what night (ie, When), and like, using AIM? MSNM? Other? (ie, Platform)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:23 pm
Rain Yupa
... this is going to be a chatroom-styled game. Not a PBP? That's the impression I was under.

If so, what night (ie, When), and like, using AIM? MSNM? Other? (ie, Platform)

no......

pbp but on a night that's best for everyone even if it's say every other tuesday or something.....

and I was thinking here of course.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 pm
Ah! Okay, see? The distinct impression I got, was that it was something you wanted to do live. I wonder if other people had the same impression...

Well, whether or not I join, depends on WHEN the game will play. I don't want to sign up and find out I'm just going to be penalized cause its not compatible with my schedule >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:43 pm
I was going to take into account everyone's schedules and stuff I'm sure there's a regular time for 4 hours or so that people are free....  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:00 pm
Well, my best 4-hour periods are from 8pm-12pm EST Tuesday-Thursday nights; between 10am-3pm Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. I can do Friday and Saturday nights, but I can't guarantee I'd be here for a full four-hour duration, depending on family stuffs.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:03 pm
I guess I can play as a Defender or Controller character. If Prism prefers the leader role, that's fine with me smile

So we're using 3.5 Alignments with 4e gods, in this setting? Or are we all Unaligned? I was a bit confused why you had brought that up.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out