Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Velvety Darkness's 4e Campaign-Edit3 Players:4/9-minimum 5. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:50 pm
ok so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in my running them through a campaign through 4e land.

Recognized books are as follows.
PHB 1 and 2.
MM
DMG
Manual of the Planes
Arcane Power
Martial Power
Adventurer's Vaults(use with prior permission and cited page numbers.)

those are the books I have and what I've presently read up.
I do not allow errata as of yet because I need to take a look on what precisely errata is before I allow or disallow it so considered it anathema for the moment.

1.There will be a designated game night.
2.If you aren't there on the game night, you're character gets placed in suspended reality earning limited experience and only receives monetary loot.
3.Errata is intended to compensate for superpoweredness, I compensate by increasing the DC of the foes, because I find it simpler.
4. Missing 2 sequenced sessions in a row without prior justification causes a mysterious plague to take root into your character, while the plague doesn't slay you outright it slowly leeches the strength from your bones.
5.As I think of stuff for rules/guidelines I'll place them here.
6.Starting level is one. I have designated a special item disbursement to the holy symbols of avengers,the wands of bards,the totems but not staffs of druids,the rods but not staffs of invokers,the totems of shamans, the daggers of sorcerers,the holy symbols of clerics,the holy symbols of paladins,the wands but not rods of warlocks,the orbs or staffs but not wands of wizards. You may select a basic magic implement with a +1 bonus in accordance with this rule.
7.Nat 1's are not critical fails,Nat 20's are however critical successes.
8. Unaligned PC's may act either virtuously good or magnificently evil, I prefer Unaligned PC's because it frees up my DM style however consistently being senselessly evil will make one switch alignment as will consistently being pointlessly good. I prefer to allow any method of PC interaction as long as it is explained by good old plot you can't simply say well I'm good I won't journey with that profane necromantic rogue if the rogue say comes by his experiment subjects by moderate legal means i.e digging up corpses secretly=illegal, paying for the corpses of criminals=legal, I'm sure you get the picture.
9. Classes with the ritual casting feat as a bonus feat need not be trained in Religion or Arcana as a prerequisite for them, they are exceptional masters of ritual magic and are excluded from this rule.

WingedDemonVM-Rogue?
PrismCity-OpenMinded.
iDragow-Ranger,Beastmaster variation-ranged focus.
NayrVentess-Some sort of Evil Character xD.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 pm
I interested. will this be story based? combat based? do you have a setting idea yet?  

SkyCore

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:02 pm
You awaken in a dark and mysterious forested camp where you have enjoyed the luxurious beauty of the fey scenery for the last several nights with a random assortment of your good and valued friends(ahem ahem ahem).

that clear things up for you on the starting scene?

also specify the sotry bit was that an error?

OH I'm blonde xD sotry=story it'll be a little of both.

Malfunction! Malfunction! Malfunction!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:13 pm
VelvetAssasin
I do not allow errata as of yet because I need to take a look on what precisely errata is before I allow or disallow it so considered it anathema for the moment.
errata is listed here for 4e, if you didn't know where to find it. it's probably in your best interest to allow it, as most errata is issued to fix overpowered stuff, which, y'know, is overpowered.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:35 pm
SporkMaster5000
VelvetAssasin
errata is listed here for 4e, if you didn't know where to find it. it's probably in your best interest to allow it, as most errata is issued to fix overpowered stuff, which, y'know, is overpowered.

perhaps it's the manner of my campaigns but for example dual strike(unedited) doesn't seem terribly overpowered....slightly yes but overbearingly so. but since I toughen my mobs up anyways. it's no big deal xd.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:41 pm
I suppose I can join in. Playing a Rogue would be fun.

What level are we talking about here?  

WingedDemonVM

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:48 pm
that depends on how many join but usually level one-thirty with a few house rules thrown in is how I dm.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:55 pm
I'll play just about anything. I like Leaders, but I have Alt-itis so I can find a character I like in just about any class or power source.

so I will probably wait until we have a full team and fill in what ever gaps we need covered.  

SkyCore

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:03 pm
I issue no commands regarding party roles, however I do expect some reasonableness, having for example 7 warlords isn't gonna make Velvet a happy boy....... this adventure I have planned can be adjusted easily for any party size of 5-9 allies of the appropriate levels without compromising the overall integrity of the suspension of reality, for the most part that is.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 pm
... I definitely believe I'm going to be a rogue. With 5-9 players, I will have plenty of bodies to flank with... Teehee!  

WingedDemonVM

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:43 am
WingedDemonVM
... I definitely believe I'm going to be a rogue. With 5-9 players, I will have plenty of bodies to flank with... Teehee!

someone sounds excited xD. ^_^.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:56 am
Yes indeed! But what level are we starting at? I wanna start making my character.  

WingedDemonVM

iDragow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:58 am
Hm, you know, this would be a good game for me to try out my Team Build that I was thinking of doing. Put me down. I plan on making a Beastmaster Ranged Ranger. Nice set up for our rogue that way. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:53 am
WingedDemonVM
Yes indeed! But what level are we starting at? I wanna start making my character.

Level 1, as has been stated...twice... xp

I am up for this, I know you said unaligned people can be evil and good and all that...but is it ok to play an evil character? Or will that clash as some people will probably be good? I have no idea what character im going to make yet, i will need some time smile  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:36 am
*SIGH* Where is my brain? I think I've lost it.

And I'm definitely playing a rogue. *evil grin*  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces