Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild: Community Announcement #2 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:20 pm
Community Announcement #2: Halloween Contest, Inactive Members Pt. 2, Interest/Recruitment Check, Subforum Management

Here are we again. Two weeks later, another announcement.

This may be a good pattern for the time being - every two weeks, on Wednesday.

I really don't have much else to add on top of what I have below. Aside from the fact that so far (in making this) it has been a lot easier to link to announcement from the announcement. I hope that in receiving it, it will be a fair deal better as well but we'll see how that goes.

If you have any suggestions on things I can add or place inside future announcements, feel free to post in this topic and let me know.

Anyway, on to the topics listed in the subtitle!
- Management

[ Halloween Contest ]

For Christmas 2008 - I ran a lotto. It wasn't anything fancy but in the end, some people stepped away with nice new December 2008 Donation Letters while one lucky person actually got their pick of a few cash shop items.

Now, I want to do something like that again. However, I sort of want to make it something other than a simple lotto and this is where I'm stuck. I'm really not sure what else I can do that everyone will be able to participate in.

So I'm asking everyone. What should I do for a Halloween Contest? Another simple lotto? Or something else entirely? Some sort of creation contest? Post here and let me know what you think.

I've already decided on the prizes. Suffice to say - at least 3 October 2008 donation letters will be up for grabs, as well as at least 20,000 gold.

[ Inactive Members: Part II ]

Come on guys. @.@

13 pages of members; 254 users! At 20 members a page, this means that 4 pages of members - 80 people - are in the guild, but don't seem to be doing anything else and haven't even posted.

A number more have less than 5 posts.

Now, to repeat what I mentioned last time:
  • You can find a list of active games at the following link. Not all of these games are recruiting, in fact, only a few of them may be - but why don't you try to find one to join?
  • Don't like your choices? None recruiting? Then start your own game! There have been a number of people who had their first time DMing a play-by-post game start here (and some others yet - it was their first time DMing period) and there are always players available. Remember - you only need three or four people interested to get a subforum.
  • The main forum usually has a few discussions going on, so why not find one you like and add your two cents? If there is nothing interesting, again - start your own thread. No doubt more than a few people will get involved.

Now, I can forgive you guys who JUST joined in like the last week. But for the rest of you? Get involved! ;p

And hey - if there's a reason you haven't gotten involved yet - Why don't you post here and let me and others know what it is? Heck, if its' that you can't find a game - maybe one of the DMs in the guild will see that and send a PM your way.

[ Interest/Recruitment Check ]

Here is a short list of the games which are currently recruiting or looking for interest. Is your game seeking players? Are you trying to get enough interest together to start a game? Send me a message, I'll put it in the next announcement!

Dark Heresy
Vampire: The Masquerade
Brave New World (4e D&D)
The Chaos of Anarchren (2e D&D)
Merc Work (4e D&D)

[ For DMs: Subforum Management ]

Want to have a thread permanently pinned at the top if your subforum? Need a post deleted? A thread locked? If you need any sort of subforum management, its' only a post away. Simply click here and post in this topic what you need done, and one of the available crew will get to it as soon as possible.

However, there are some things to remember... such as if you edit the first post on any pinned threads, it will de-pin them. As well, once a thread is locked - nobody will be able to post in it, and it will need to be unlocked if you want to add anything else to that topic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:36 pm
Hmm... Maybe run a one-shot, Halloween-themed campaign with multiple groups, and the group that beats the campaign in the least number of encounter posts wins something? Or at least something like that.  

Rhaegar14

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:00 pm
Hm... That seems overly complicated to me... I'm trying to think of a suggestion of my own, but everything I'm considering is pretty complicated, too... Uh...

Well, first you should find out who'd be interested in the prizes. That should narrow the numbers down a bit. Then we could all make characters of ourselves, but only worry about the stats. Then we compete in a series of skill challenges that can be done with straight strength, intelligence, etc checks, and see who comes in first, second, third, and so on.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:40 pm
how about just trick or treating in costume across the planes? that way it doesn't quite matter which edition you play in you still manage to have fun pass out some Sehanine's lycanpops a few Bahamut Firecrackers and other such divine tastilicious treats xD.

Sehanine's Lycanpops-be a wolf for a day xD.

Bahamut's Firecrackers-Taste the EXPLOSION. xD.
speaking of this randomosity I'd love to run a campaign for the 4e individuals. am gonna post it on up real-quick to garner interest, I'm decently well educated on the various rules too ^_^.

safely deliver a horde of trick or treaters to the abyss or some other normally dangerous place but for some mysterious reason is not quite so lethal at the moment.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:48 pm
You know... Velvet's might not be a bad idea. But I say you kick it up a notch (BAM!)

Why not have various active DMs in the guild (who wish to participate) all claim a different plane for characters to visit! Each one does something different and unique, a challenge of sorts for players. First one to complete all the challenges wins, or something to that sort. First 3 if you want to have runner-up prizes?

Though, that does beg to differ, which cosmology to use though ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 pm
what do they call those things again? a um um Planar Treasure Hunt/dungeon delvey sidequests? perhaps with some cosmical relic being bestowed to the winning and beloved of sweet and sour mystra with extra ketchup on top? xD.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

authority_lex

2,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:55 pm
There's plenty of things that can be done. Heck, why not a dice game? One prize for every player depending on the roll. Nat 20 is the best. 1 is the worst. Fun times. We could have trick or treat like that. Dress like one of your characters ball? I definitely like the trick or treat idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:59 pm
I like that we make up some rare and goofy magical and not so magical items and then associate them to a number field and stuff for the trick and treating xD, we'd have to make some seriously large inventory of items to make sure we have enough, I'd prefer not to have duplicates of stuff out there ya know? that kinda would lessen the awesomeness if three people in a row just won the ring of ultimate power, unless of course it's the item you got on a nat 1 xD.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:15 pm
or possibly a dress like your character contest....where you...aw hell kinda self explanitory  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:17 pm
Rain Yupa
clearly the characters should start in sigil and the cosmology would be irrelevant. "Oh s**t, we gated to an alternate reality, crazy sigil. Oh well."  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rhaegar14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:21 pm
Rain Yupa
You know... Velvet's might not be a bad idea. But I say you kick it up a notch (BAM!)

Why not have various active DMs in the guild (who wish to participate) all claim a different plane for characters to visit! Each one does something different and unique, a challenge of sorts for players. First one to complete all the challenges wins, or something to that sort. First 3 if you want to have runner-up prizes?

I like this. But what would be really cool (imo) is if the winner gets the relic, which counts as an artifact and can be used in any game run by a participating DM.

That's just an idea, coming from the guy who basically has his dream avatar, and not much of a use for Gaia items anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:56 pm
this is possible I imagine, I vote that we go with the Sigil Cityscape as the entrance scene and work with the zodiacal tables if at all possible? a generic number of planes ruled by powerful entities of yore sequenced by the participating DM's, with a few sidequests possibly involving the demon rulers of the abyss and other realms and such, i.e. we roll up a 30 level epic destiny character for the 4.0 players I don't know precisely what that would translate into in 3.5 but I would suggest we remain stationed in the two most current edition releases for continuity.

who else agrees?
tbh I'm mildly surprised nobody's pm'd me yet xD.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Archaeoptryx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 pm
Vorastrix
or possibly a dress like your character contest....where you...aw hell kinda self explanitory
I'd destroy that contest, I already made one XDDD
Besides, with something like that richer people have a better chance at winning something they need much less.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:09 pm
Archaeoptryx
Vorastrix
Besides, with something like that richer people have a better chance at winning something they need much less.

Also, many races are hard to dress up as in Gaia. My only two characters in this guild are a dragonborn and a tieflling... I mean, the Dragon superior form will get you a little on the dragonborn, but you've got nothing with the tieflings.  

Rhaegar14

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 pm
Rhaegar14
Archaeoptryx
Vorastrix

Also, many races are hard to dress up as in Gaia. My only two characters in this guild are a dragonborn and a tieflling... I mean, the Dragon superior form will get you a little on the dragonborn, but you've got nothing with the tieflings.

Various horns and the I will get it back eyes from the reve rouille along with several other items would net you a tiefling look.  

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff