Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Brave New World - Recruiting up to 2 Replacements Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 am
UPDATE: 1 SPOT HAS BEEN CLAIMED BY VELVETASSASIN

We "rebooted" the party in my Brave New World game, but Veccna, playing the cleric, seems to have vanished. We have a fighter, melee ranger, warlock, and rogue. Anyone want to fill Veccna's spot? You don't HAVE to be a cleric, but a leader class might not be a bad idea. They are also Controller-less as well.

SPECIAL: Recruiting will last until Friday, so since the party is 4 large (minimum party size in my book), they'll continue as such if no one jumps on this.

As always, I will always take players NOT in one of my existing games as first priority. Afterwards, it's first come first serve.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:06 am
Oh Gods, I have a great character idea for a Cleric, too....

Put me down for a maybe. I'll join if you can't get anyone else to fit those spots. What level should the character be, and what magical items (if any) would we get?  

iDragow

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:34 am
Level 2, +100 XP for a background. Level 2 item, Level 1 item, and 200 gp.

4d6 7 times, drop the lowest. DM will boost stats on a whim, mainly if your total bonuses will equal standard point buy or below.

Since players coming in will be part of the "original party", they will know what has happened up to this point. But, since none of you guys actually participated in the battles from a player PoV, I'm not giving you XP you didn't earn >_>

Short short version of the story:

Brave New World

The heroes travelled to the town of Greenehaven, which has had recent bandit problems in recent months. Upon arrival, the heroes are greeted by the signs of a dragon raid, as supported by the townsfolk. Through investigation (and some luck on guessing where to look first), they find out that it was a hoax by the bandits, in effort to scare away adventurers like you from finishing them off. They have a poisoned hostage, and the only antidote is on the Bandit Leader's person. You were left a note to come to a long-abandoned supposed Dragon's cave, expecting to be ambushed by bandits. Instead, you've found Kobolds! Wtf is going on?!

So far, the party is three chambers in; the first had a watch party, and a pet MEGAGATOR. Upon slaying them all, they have moved onto the second chamber. This one had a resetting flamethrower trap, and two kobolds who kept luring party members into it. They too have been vanquished, and the Warlock's clever thinking has located a secret passage. Now, the party has run afowl of Kobolds in a mess hall area, who are barely prepared to fight off adventurers!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:12 am
Bump.

I feel kinda responsible for burrying the thread. sweatdrop  

iDragow

SkyCore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:44 pm
I'll hop in too fi you cant find anyone else to fill the open spots.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:57 pm
If we don't see any more takers by tomorrow evening, go ahead and make characters.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:59 pm
me please? I would love to join I'm kinda wanting some Epicness is PHB2 and Manual of the planes good I like to use books I have in hardcopy form.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:38 pm
Definitely, but be mindful of my allowed sources for PCs 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:39 pm
awwww I just noticed that manual of the planes isn't on the list sad oh well I'll think of something xD.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:41 pm
I would allow it if I was running a multiplanar game. Or if a game turned multiplanar, I'd introduce it then. 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 pm
I was thinking more along the lines of allowing the feats actually. I generally allow use a wide variety of books's feats but not powers, too wide a selection of powers tends to complicate things significantly but that is my own personal choice. that's why I choose not to allow errata changes, since it complicates things on my end.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:55 pm
Feats? I don't recall there being any feats in Manual of the Planes confused  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:57 pm
lol there aren't on my skimming of the book I mistook the section regarding the paragon paths to have mentioned feats xD. my mistake xD.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 pm
...Wow... I just realized how many games I'm in currently... If you don't mind, I think I'll give this one a pass. If I take anymore, my head might explode. Sorry. sweatdrop  

iDragow

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Then Velvet, Prism, if you guys wanna go ahead. You can start rolling right in this thread.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff