Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Mythos Inc.] Episode 1:" Clean Up, Aisle Four!" Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:17 pm
It's a beautiful day in the city of Boston. It's the first days of summer and winter still hasn't fully lost it's grip on the state of Massachusetts. Some still find it necessary to wear a light hoodie or jacket in the early morning and at night. Most people joke about "Global warming". Others just say it's just a natural part of the earths heating cooling cycle.

Mythos Inc. find them selfs in Barts basement headquarters of Mythos Inc totally bored and bills just pilling up. There hasn't been any big breaks for the group in a long time. Your last investigation led you to a abandon boy scout camp were a group of scouts had been murder by a mysterious beast 30 years ago. You went there after some hikers reported seeing the mysterious beast again. Mythos Inc. found nothing and was rewarded with rain and barely freezing temperatures.

The basement has all the amenities you need. It has a brown leather couch that type that forms a U. A 70's pinball machine along with a Space Invaders game. Both games have been rigged to not be coin operated. You also have a Mac Pro 6 with all the necessary software and equipment to run your show. A 46" Flat screen TV sits in front of the couch with a Blueray player, 360, and a Wii hooked up. The basement also contains a half bathroom and a small kitchen. Assume that you have all the equipment needed to look for the paranormal. At least for now the Repo men might be come a knocking if you don't pay those bills. The Basement has three exits: one that leads into the main part of the house, one that leads to the backyard, and one that leads into the garage.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 am
"How did you guys eat almost $700 worth of pizza last month!?"

The self-appointed main benefactor and donator of Mythos, Inc. was sitting in one of the bar stools at the counter/tabletop they had as a part of the kitchen. His hands were clutching at his blond hair as he was desperately trying to figure out how he was going to pay the water bill, let alone the ravenous hordes' food demands.

His clothes definately reflected his profession of a private investigator: he looked like he stepped right out of one of those old 1940's movies about the hard boiled private eye who solved his problems with his fists. Bart also liked to solve his problems with his fists, except no matter how many times you punched the electric bill, it still came due at the end of the month.

His brown leather trench coat was hanging on the coat rack by the door, so he was simply wearing his brown slacks, tan/white non-color dress shirt, a black tie, and a pair of black suspenders. The dark brown fedora he always had was sitting next to him at the counter. In an underarm holster was his favored .45 automatic pistol.

Although it was true that his business had made him a killing, business had also dried up; he hadn't had a well-paying case in months. Not only for Mythos, Inc., but also his private career. If something didn't change, and soon, they might be having the next meeting at the dumpster in the alley...  

iDragow

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:26 am
Reina had already been in the basement, sitting on the U-shaped couch when Bart began his lamentation of the bills that had begun to quickly pile up. The young Hispanic looking woman was dressed a bit warmly for the weather; her outfit consisting of a black long sleeved shirt worn under a leather jacket, black jeans, and a pair of hiking boots. She had begun to type away on a small and slightly outdated laptop that was balanced on her lap.

"I think the question to ask is why the hell did you give them almost $700 to spend on eating pizza last month in the first place."Reina retorted in response from where she sat without looking at him. The dark haired brunette appeared to be partially absorbed in some random website that she had been reading.

”’Sides, you know I wasn’t part of that. I’m still on my frigin’ diet… Can’t even look at pizza, let alone eat it.” She grumbled this as an afterthought.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:24 am
"Pizza?" Came a questioning voice, obviously British, from the door way as it was opened, "I could bloody well do with some."
The origin of the voice came from a man of 5ft 10in of height of a very slim build, with red jaw line length hair cut so the eye could see, one eye was covered with a black eye patch. He was wearing a black ankle length trench coat, black cargo pants with chains attached to the belt loops and a punisher t-shirt on.
He stepped into the room and walked across the room to the sofa and sat down. The pulling out a cigarette and lighter he said, "anything new boss ", Proceeding to light up and take a puff he continued, "any ways when do we carry on the show we have viewers you know!"
Realising he felt uncomfortable with his pancake holster he pulled out the revolver in the back of his trousers and placed it next to him and placed his bag on the floor also.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

EsgarBlackpoxs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:10 pm
John was sitting in the corner, a red cloth spread out in front of him, his Lee Enfield broken down for cleaning. Johnathan (or 'John') was rather lanky, with long arms and legs. His brown hair was unkempt and ruffled, and he wore a plain green jacket. With lots of pockets, of course. When stnading, he rose to a fairly impressive 6'3" in height, though the arms and legs always made him look awkward. Years of hunting and meat eating had left him lean and fit, with thin, functional muscles.

John picked up the barrel and ran a claening brush through it while he mentioned off hand, "Look, pizza is made with pre-processed crap. I didn't WANT to eat it, but since there's apparently some sort of a city ordinance against shooting pigeons, I didn't have much choice." He blew through the barrel and set it down on the cloth, picking up his rifle scope in the process. Scope in hand, he began examining the lens at both ends for smears or chips. "Speaking of shooting things, when exactly is our next job boss?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:01 pm
Though, one member of Mythos Inc. was missing. Someone who hadn't quite made it down for the meeting in Bart's baseme... oh, wait, here he comes now.

Stomping as if the world would end if he didn't, Norman would storm up the driveway, into the garage, almost ripping the door off its hinges as he swung it open so hard. The eldest member of the group also looked like he could be as young as Nikolass, if he only cleaned himself up better. Short, black, greasy, wavy hair would adorn the top of his head. His face still wore the 5-o'clock shadow from the day before, wildly dotting his square jaw with little hairs. When his eyes weren't squinting like they were now, he would have a pair of blue eyes that would make girls' hearts melt back in his hayday, when he used to be a... gentler soul.

He wore a blue flannel jacket marred with grease and oil stains, covering his white muscle shirt. His blue jeans were ripped here and there, with a particularly sizable hole forming at his left knee. His sneakers were faded, and it was frankly a miracle that they were still in one piece. Hell, it'd be a miracle if they were in two or three pieces.

"GOD DAMN IT!' he bellowed angrily, looking away from the four young adults, rather than towards them. "God damn Mr. Hayes too. p***k fired me. Said I was "too much of a liability" when working on people's cars. What kind of bull s**t is THAT?!" He stormed around for a little bit, as if disoriented, his fists tightly balled.

"God damn it, I need some friggin' pizza." He would storm over to the refrigerator, root around inside for a bit, and come up with a slice of... well, I'm not entirely sure what was topping that pizza. Didn't matter though, as Norman proceeded to eat it anyways, not even bothering to warm it up. He would be thusly silent, filling his mouth with pizza instead of profanities.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Norman the raids for left overs but only finding beer, a carton of cigarettes, a assortment of condiments, and plate covered with plastic wrap. Upon further inspection of this mystery plate Norman sees that it has a green, white and black film growing on the surface of it.

As Norman debates over eating the mystery dish he almost drops it when the companies phone rigs loudly. The ring seems to drown out all other sound. Reinas typing, the hum of the refrigerators door hanging open, the video games, the only sound is the constant ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, of the phone.It has been so long since it rang you guys are temporary stunned with shock.

Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring......  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:28 pm
Reina stopped her typing in surprise at the sound of the phone. After a moment of stunned silence, she almost dropped her laptop to the floor as she quickly hurried over to the phone.

“I got it!”
She called out as she frantically went to answer it. For an instant, her hand trembled with excitement, but she was able to regain her composure quick enough that there had only been a very short silence between the time she picked up the receiver and when she spoke.

“Yeah?”
Reina almost automatically answered, having forgotten her “office manners” for a moment. She quickly, and somewhat nervously, fixed her reply.

“Uh, I mean, Hello! This is the office of Mythos Inc! How may I help you?”

In the back of her mind, she was mentally chanting for this to be “Not a collector, not a collector!” as she waited with an almost baited breath for a response from the other end.

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:47 pm
A women's voice answers on the other side her voice comes off as professional.

"Hello, this Cheryl Pik owner of the Zip N' Pik convenience stores. A co worker of mine says that you investigate unusual events? He says your cheaper than the guys on cable. i don't want this to cut to much into the bottom line."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:20 pm
"Yes, we do investigate unusual events. Why don't you tell me exactly what's been bothering you before we start talking about the price?" Reina grinned at the sound of a prospective client. She held the phone away from her for a moment to talk to the others.

"We might have a job here!"  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

EsgarBlackpoxs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:23 pm
"Finally!" Jon exclaimed. He set the scope back down on the cloth tenderly, before standing up and stretching his back. He walked over to behind Reina and peered over her shoulder, pointless as it was. "Anything interesting?" he asked, curiosity written all over his face.

"Hell, even if it's boring I'll take it. Cash is cash, and boredom is boring,".  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:32 pm
"Well it hasn't been in the news yet but one of our stores near Boston all the employees and customers just went up and missing last night. We just open up this store less than a month ago and this looks very bad on us. The cops are investigating but we want to open up one of our own."  

Oshi the Killer

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:01 am
Bart's eyes kept darting from the paperwork infront of him to Reina. He had been about half-sure that it would be a bill collector, so he hadn't even moved when the phone started ringing. Now he kinda wished he had.

Well, nothing to do but wait for Reina to report at the end of the conversation. Spinning in the stool, Bart jumped down and moved across the room to a small table. Inside of a small carrying bag resting on the table was his 35mm camera. The camera had been almost, if not more, useful to his career than his gun or his fists had been, and so he liked to make sure it was working.

He unloaded the film, and then looked at the world through the viewfinder. He panned the room, looking at each of the other Paranormal Investigators, zooming in and out experimentally as he did so. Finally, he rested the camera's view on Reina, when he clicked the shutter down. Had there been film in the device, it would have taken the picture.

Glad to see everying working the way it should be, Bart put everything back into the bag, ready for when he needed to go somewhere. His smaller and easier to use digital camera was in the inside pocket of his trench coat, where he always kept it. Just in case. If things turned out well, he might have use for them soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am
“We’ll see what we can do. When would be the best time to stop by and get a better look at the premises? Just to make sure that there hasn’t been anything that might have otherwise been overlooked and a better idea at what we might be dealing with.” Reina asked, doing her best to stay calm and composed. The more information she got, the more excited she felt. It might not be the most interesting or glamorous of cases, but… Something was a lot better than nothing.

She glanced over at John, who appeared to be anxiously hovering over her. Then, away from the receiver, she began to fill him in on the few details she had.

“It’s the owner of those uh… Zip ‘n Pik stores. Apparently, they opened a new store ‘bout a month ago, and just last night all the employees and customers just vanished. Cops are on it, but the owner’s worried about the exposure and business going bad because of this.”

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:58 am
"Tomorrow morning around 9:30 should be fine. It's the only Zipp N' Pik in the town of Weyport so it shouldn't be hard to find. We can go over more of the details when you arrive. One more thing how much is this going to put me back again?"  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff