Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
...So I'm trying again...GOOD NEWS THOUGH! xD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

II--Jinxii--II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:13 am
Just started a lease on this beautiful guy. He's an 8 year old paint gelding named Montgomery, or Monty, for short. He's a bit bigger than the horses I'm used to riding, but so far it's all going nicely.

User Image By the way, that's not me in the pic, that's his lovely owner.

He's bombproof, nothing scares this guy save jet skis apparently, and I believe it.
The only issue he has is that he gets a bit barn sour, but he used to be a rent-a-horse, so that's expected. He just takes a bit of confidence to control and he's great. I've ridden him a total of three times so far, and I LOVE him. xD Not so much his trot though, I'm having a hard time getting used to it, he's got REALLY heavy footfalls, so he's realllly bouncy.

Whatchoo guys think? And any tips for a bouncy horse? xD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:17 am
When my Gigi was still rideable she had a very very bouncy trot. Painful until I got used to it. It's basically learning his rythem. Once you match up it's a lot better.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 am
He's beautiful! Good luck this time.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:00 pm
You ride western right? Then I have no advice rofl I love western, but grew up with english trained horses. Where if you don't hold the stirrups exactly right they trip over their own feet, and you have to post when they trot and canter.

My favorite horse was named Twin-Bee. He lives at a barn in Quebec where there's a riding school. He's suppose to be for the more experienced riders because he supposedly kicks and bites. I guess they were short horses when I had him for the first time cause I'm by no means experienced. But I rode him for a week straight and he was awesome. I've never had any problems with him. Once I was waiting for my turn with him, and the girl from the class before me was trying to undo her saddle, and he bolted, ran right for me, and started rubbing his face on me. Was soo cute. For the competition/show at the end of the week I got stuck with a horse that doesn;t bounce period. Seriously, even in a canter! I was on the wrong lead the entire time. gonk Apparently Twin-Bee also doesn't like winter. And I was there for a day, and I took him out, and had been riding him for 10 minutes when the owner's wife came to me and said I had to go switch horses, cause he threw an experienced rider off and I couldn't handle him. I'm like, oookkk, so I rode him back to the barn, he never gave me any trouble, I was really upset I didn't get to spend time with him. I haven't seen him in years. crying

My other baby was my aunts beautiful Goldrush a.k.a Teddy. He was a jumping horse. He was MASSIVE. My aunt likes big horses lol. I learned to ride on him, I was maybe 5, and he was super sweet as if he'd been trained as a learning horse for kids. I was an awful rider and he always put up with me without any complaints. He passed away several years ago from cancer.
Here's a pick of him being super patient with me.
User Image  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:09 pm
I like smaller horses. My Gigi is only horse size when wearing shoes xp
I'm hoping my next horse will be a connamara, technicly a pony, but just the right size for me. I'd love to have one crossed with Arabian because I'm looking into endurance.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:40 pm
What a beauty! At my riding lessons,im now riding a horse called Yougi,i don`t know what breed he is,but he`s 16 hands [and he`s massive],and he`s chestnut colored. I used to ride a slow,fat,short horse called Tristan,he was cool,but i love Yougi wayyyy better. Yougi is also really bouncy,you just have to get used to the way he moves,and padding also helps xD  

moon_sugar_kitten

II--Jinxii--II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:53 pm
I guess I'll just have to get used to him them. D: Yes I ride western, but I want to learn how to post, besides I'm not showing or anything so I really don't care about what's 'proper' for western pleasure.

I rode him for a good two hours in the arena, and tried sooo hard to ride out a trot for more than four seconds. xD He seemed to be getting kind of annoyed with me constantly telling him GO!!! OH CRAP NEVERMIND STOP XDD And whats funnier is that he mostly goes on voice commands, so I ended up talking to him, like I was crazy, and all the other riders around were looking at me weird. xDD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:54 pm
When I rode english I loved the trot, maybe because I found posting to be so much easier than sitting the trot. Western riding and trotting always seems a bit jarring to me.  

Akiska

Sarahmooo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:49 am
I don't know too much about horses, but he is very very pretty.
Good luck with him and congratulations.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:01 am
Akiska
When I rode english I loved the trot, maybe because I found posting to be so much easier than sitting the trot. Western riding and trotting always seems a bit jarring to me.
It can be until you find and match that horses rythem. Some are harder then others.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

zippinzena

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 am
Hello,
I ran across an old page with you and the horse you were leasing...I used to own the horse, his name is Domino and he was 15 when I sold him to Sylvia back in 2008...he was never used as a lesson horse, I was the second person that owned him and I had him 8 years of his life...Sylvia took the other horse I was selling her which she did not finish paying for and took him to Arizona, his name was Levi, I am desperately looking for him. If you have Domino or Montgomery as she called him please let the adults in your house know that he cannot eat pellets, he has coked on them twice and vets said could be fatal the next time also that he is 23 years old now and cannot take hard riding.
Thank you,
Lorrie Plummer
Lorrie_plummer@yahoo.com  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas