o.o ...NOOOO!!! *holds forgetful brain in hands* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

computer frustrations
  ai haz nun. =B ai iz computer smrtz.
  uhhh... how do i vote on the poll, again? o.o;
  i have issues sometimes, but nothing a little googling can't fix.
View Results

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:06 pm
okay, so...
you know you've been away from gaia too long when you can't figure out how to edit your own post! gonk gdamnitfckinghell.
the editing might be a browser problem though, since i never see avatars unless i hold the mouse over the names... O_o

but! the point is... xD and staying away from things you like for long periods of time can be bad.

so!
- can anyone please tell me how to edit my posts? anyone? sweatdrop
- have you ever been away from something you like SO LONG that you almost forget how to do it? eek (for example, my trumpet...)
- do you guys have stupid computer issues that can probably be easily fixed? o.o;

(p.s. 'sup, ATG? long time no see xD. )
(p.p.s. apologies is this thread winds up sounding very 'yayyy, i'm back!' type self-focused ...>.O)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:19 pm
Point of order the first: There should be an Edit button next to the Quote button.
Point of order the second: Yes, actually. Mostly it involves video games, though... and that long period of time could very well have just been a couple of days of playing something else...
Point of order the third: Probably. My laptop tends to get in a snit every so often if I leave it on too long...  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:30 pm
yep, games too. UGH spyro is the WORST to forget xD
i'll leave it alone for a few weeks when i get frustrated with the difficult levels... and then completely forget all the manouvers i just learned. >_>

(also, i saw the edit button flash for a split second when holding mouse over the arrow beside my name... but it won't stay. @_@ even the 'quote' button won't stay when i do the same, making it hard for me to quote people.. xD so i guess it's a browser problem)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:32 pm
LIZ!!!!

*Glomps Liz*

I would try and use a new browser Liz, sounds like there's something super funky happening.  

God-Raped-Me

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:25 pm
*is glomped and falls over* xD GRM!

yeah, i think i might give firefox a try... or maybe explorer 8?
hmm... maybe BOTH! that way i can be on both accounts at the same time ^^

i don't know... is it the browser when the internet is generally slow and some things take too long to load/don't load at all?
or could that be a computer space/memory problem? confused  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:27 pm
From my experience it could be both. How much memory do you have left?  

God-Raped-Me

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:33 pm
uh... no clue. xD
i've never known much about computers other than how to use basic functions and programs. o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:38 pm
Go to your computer, and right click your hard drive and go to properties, it should give you a pie graph as well as tell you how much room is used and free.  

God-Raped-Me

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:41 pm
free space: 149 GB

...not sure what else would slow the internet/computer down aside from too much garbage... confused (back later, gotta make food and get a headache tablet @_@)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:48 pm
Ok.

When you come back to this, do a system scan and make sure there's not s**t on there that shouldn't be. Also make sure you have an up to date browser.  

God-Raped-Me

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:54 pm
LIZ! Long time no see! blaugh
Welcome back! and ...sorry I'm not any help when it comes to computer issues sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:40 am
Some reasons your computer may be chugging along slowly:

1. Malware or viruses.
2. Overloaded.
3. Too many open services.
4. Browser
5. Many more.

biggrin HAI LIZ! LONG TIEM NO SEEEE!  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:19 am
Aw, panny out-helped me. GRM isn't as computer smartz as panny! Although I did suggest a few things he said! ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:48 am
Liz!!!!!!!!!

Excessive use of exclamation marks is now my way of showing affection. Poor overworked exclamation mark. >_>

If you try a new browser then I say go for FireFox. I've never much liked IE. Songbird is nice too. It's like Firefox crossed with a media player.

Is your computer running slow in general or is it just your internet browser?  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:24 pm
HAI GUYZ! *drops a cloud of "ily people <3" on all of you* 4laugh

yeah it's mainly the internet browser that's slow, but only on certain pages at certain times.
and the avatars won't show on here unless i hold mouse over the arrow beside names... and even then they don't stay on long O_o weird.

hmm... i'll try the virus scan dealy. *nod*
and songbird sounds interesting ^^ never heard of it but if it includes music then YAY! =D

i guess i should delete all the crap i'm not using too, huh?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff