Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dusting off my PC kill dice. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:52 am
I read the survival guide somewhere before, and it sounded awesome. I think if I were to make a character, I would almost HAVE to model him after Ash/Bruce Campbell.

Hail to the King, babeh.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:53 am
Oh and luck is one as is idea and know. biggrin  

Oshi the Killer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:39 am
I've never actually made a CoC character, only pregen. It's been at two Conventions in the past, so I'm a bit hazy on the actual character creation stuff. You're the one with the book, yours is the right way.

I was trying to recall from memory, and knew it was KINDA similar to D20, but not at the same time sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:10 pm
Rain Yupa
I've never actually made a CoC character, only pregen. It's been at two Conventions in the past, so I'm a bit hazy on the actual character creation stuff. You're the one with the book, yours is the right way.

I was trying to recall from memory, and knew it was KINDA similar to D20, but not at the same time sweatdrop
I played a CoC Classic mod once. It suck really bad and we actually survived.  

Oshi the Killer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:53 pm
I'm a horrible CoC player.

I roll so low on all my dice, including sanity checks. In the very first game I played, where people were teetering on frothing insanity from how badly they were botching, I lost 1 point of Sanity, from 70 to 69. And that was a mandatory 1 point loss even if you made the check, as Cthulhu's tentacles reached up to mark our souls and grant us all one wish.

Blink Dogs? Check. Carnivorous plants? Check. Rampant mass murder? Check. Blasphemous texts? Check. Giant Wish-granting Tentacle? Meh, its not SO bad.

Everyone else was like, "jgdshsilfjkah'woi ndsvlk'vnawo'ihfwoinvcaso'ikouah"

I'm a horrible CoC player. cry  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:57 pm
Rain Yupa

I roll so low on all my dice, including sanity checks. In the very first game I played, where people were teetering on frothing insanity from how badly they were botching, I lost 1 point of Sanity, from 70 to 69. And that was a mandatory 1 point loss even if you made the check, as Cthulhu's tentacles reached up to mark our souls and grant us all one wish.

Blink Dogs? Check. Carnivorous plants? Check. Rampant mass murder? Check. Blasphemous texts? Check. Giant Wish-granting Tentacle? Meh, its not SO bad.

Sounds like dice have a universal hatred for you regardless of the system. sad  

Oshi the Killer

EsgarBlackpoxs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:34 pm
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? We can have CoC games here? Count me in, ten trillion percent. If you need information, I have the Core book, and both Keeper's companions.

As for that survival guide, it forgot the cardinal rule: Never, EVER look razz

Also, don't go to the arctic.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:03 pm
Oshi the Killer
Rain Yupa

Sounds like dice have a universal hatred for you regardless of the system. sad

Well, dice always roll low for me, which is AWESOME in CoC. But not in the spirit of it.

Contrary to that, there are two systems where I roll higher than normal. L5R, and Rifts. L5R, I'm a BEAST in combat (and everything else) from how well I roll. Rifts, on the other hand, I still roll high on percentile, but the object is to roll low. I got my first player TPK by crashing our starship into a planet. Who knew you needed a gradual angle of descent when entering an atmosphere! lol  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:04 pm
Sweet another player who wants to join in! twisted

You know I could never get a L5R and a Rifts game ever to last a session. L5R has a lot of role playing potential. My last gaming group lack any role playing potential. I played a Samurai in a Rifts game and everybody was loving the game until the DM decided to switch to a super hero game. Once again it only lasted a session. My Samurai is still swimming in the Hudson River in full O-yoroi armor. Then he got tired of the super hero game after a couple of sessions and started a Shadowrun game. Then he quit that after a couple too. I don't game with him anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:14 pm
Oshi the Killer
Sweet another player who wants to join in! twisted

Who wouldn't want to? It's just highly lethal. And there's the insanity. And body horror. And the cosmic horrors. And everything's out to get you. And you probably shouldn't read that book (or any). Or.....hmmm, actually, sounds pretty bad. Who cares, it's awesome!  

EsgarBlackpoxs

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:23 pm
I haven't run a CoC game since "99" so I'm going to be a little rusty. You might catch me "F"ing up a bit at the beginning but it'll get better. I also don't mind constructive criticism ether.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:33 pm
Oshi the Killer
I haven't run a CoC game since "99" so I'm going to be a little rusty. You might catch me "F"ing up a bit at the beginning but it'll get better. I also don't mind constructive criticism ether.

I've only played like 2, and run half of one. We're on the same level ,worry not razz

Will this be Gaslamp, classic, modern, Cthulhutech, or something else? I need to figure out how bug mah gun can be razz  

EsgarBlackpoxs

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:40 pm
Its going to be Modern. Once this story is done TPK or TPSL I might switch to 1920's. Or I might dust off my All Flesh Must Be Eaten book and run a zombie game. Thats all in the future and I'll just focus on this modern game for meow.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:46 pm
Oshi the Killer
Its going to be Modern. Once this story is done TPK or TPSL I might switch to 1920's. Or I might dust off my All Flesh Must Be Eaten book and run a zombie game. Thats all in the future and I'll just focus on this modern game for meow.

Righto. Mmmm... light .50. It won't kill much, but by Gork I'll feel cool.  

EsgarBlackpoxs

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:00 pm
I think I'm going to start this all up Tuesday. It's my next day off and it will give me more time to get things all set up. I think I'm going to have a sticky with the resistance table. It might help the players who don't have access to the book. I also should create a Photobucket account. That might help with posting the maps.

If anybody has a name idea for your group of paranormal investigators let me know. I suck at naming things.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff