Reply Community Lounge
Awesomeness. =]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

124-C

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:19 pm
About a half hour before the end of my shift last night, the overnight guy called to inform me that the breaks on his car were out and that he couldn't make it into work that night. The other overnight guy that we have refused to come in and work for him, which is bullshit on his part, but only important in that it led to me working most of the overnight shift (on top of the 8 hour shift I had just done). At about 4 in the morning, we have to start a new shift on the register so that the new day begins. I set an alarm on my phone for quarter to 4 to remind myself to do this.

The girl that was coming in early to cover the rest of the overnight ended up getting to work about an hour earlier than I expected her to, so I got to go home at about 3:30 am. When I got home I emptied my pockets and threw my clothes in with some other laundry I had waiting and tossed it in the wash. As I was putting detergent in the drawer I heard a buzzing sound and thought it was strange that someone had left their phone in the laundry room. Then it dawned on me that the buzzing was coming from the washing machine.

I had inadvertently set an alarm to the exact time that I would wash my clothes.

This saved me from washing my phone, which I had left in my pants pocket.

Spoonfeed:

• Awesome things that have happened to you.
  • Awesome things that you have seen happen.
  • Close calls to disaster.
  • Waffles.
  • How Pancake's avatar is weirding you out and he needs to change back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:34 pm
Wow did you ever get lucky! That is pretty awesome!

I have gut feelings not really luck does it count? I think it was about a week after we got my car. We had just come home from doing some shopping and the girls were asleep, I was 9 months pregnant with Dante at the time too, so I was HUGE, and we left the girls in the car to sleep they were pretty close to the house and I could peek out the garage and see them. I had just finished putting the stuff away when my gut did a back flip inside me and I got the worst cold panic ever. I went out the garage to see them and sure enough the car was starting to roll backwards down the driveway. An "Oh ********" had managed to slip past my lips and I bolted for the car. I managed, after pulling every muscle from my legs to my boobs, to get in and stop the car before it had hit a deep ditch on the other side of the road. For whatever reason, which is odd for me, I left the damn thing in neutral instead of throwing in reverse and the E-break had loosen itself. GTR comes out and asks if I'm ok.... No, no I was very not ok. Pregnant women are NOT meant to run, especially if they haven't been running. I didn't get better until after Dante was born.

Luck, intuition, or coinsidence whatever it was I'm glad it happened!

Also, Panny does need to change his avi. As cool as it looks... it doesn't say panny.  

God-Raped-Me

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:59 pm
blaugh I loooooove it when stuff like that happens! I'm a big believer in "things happen for a reason". I mean sometimes s**t just happens for no reason at all, but it's always awesome when you go, "Woah! Random series of events leads to something great!" whee  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:08 pm
That's pretty crazy (both Grim's story and Tsuji's) eek
Can't think of anything like that that's happened to me but, yay for avoiding disaster smile  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:14 am
extremely lucky ^^ nice one *high fives*
(and GRM... that's scary, man. @_@ i'd be freaking out like crazy afterwards..)

uh, well... as with ala i can't think of anything like that which has happened to me sweatdrop i know there have been lucky breaks, but can't think of any. O_o
...well, i dunno.. is it lucky for someone to pull you from the water before your head is crushed between two boats? gonk

(actually, sometimes i daydream about stuff and later i find that the thing i was dreaming about is familiar, even though i usually don't remember it explicitly. ninja spidey-sense!)  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games