Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Buy Back Value - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightShade Karas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:02 pm
Is there a way to find out the Buy Back Value of an item if you do not already have the item in your inventory. I have noticed in Gaia Exchange that some people are saying "No offers lower then Buy Back" but I don't know how to check the buy back value to make a proper offer.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 pm
For all common items (items that may be purchased from shops) the sell back is half the original purchase price.

I.E. Say you bought fairy wings for 40,000g from the store. When you sell them back you will get 20,000g for them. wink  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:13 pm
When you sell an item back to the store, you receive 50% of the retail price in return. For example, if I purchase a pair of shoes in an NPC-run shop for 2,000g and, for some reason or another, I want to sell them back to the store instead of through the Marketplace, I can sell the shoes for 1,000g. To calculate the "Buy/Sell Back" value of a store-bought item, simply divide its value by two.

The reason these individuals ask for bids higher than the "Buy/Sell Back" value is because they want a better deal than what the store offers. If they were simply wanting to sell the item for 50% of its retail value, they could head on over to their Inventory Arranger and sell the item back to the store. Since they're hoping to get more for the item than 50% of its retail value, they either take offers in the Exchange or sell it in the Marketplace.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:59 am
Thanks for the info. Now all I have to do is find out what they purchased the item for. At least that gives me a general idea though.  

NightShade Karas

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff