Reply Community Lounge
No Disney, bad Disney! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:45 am
This is a thanks to Lin for posting this on Facebook, and I thought it should be shared ******** YOU DISNEY!

http://www.economist.com/businessfinance/displaystory.cfm?story_id=14376422

They bought out Marvel! They bought out Marvel! I want to cry over this. So many good superheros are going to be ******** murdered now because of Disney!

Discuss gonk

Also, if they ******** even think of touching DC comics and my Batman... Oh there will be hell!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:49 am
I do believe DC's owned by Warner Bros. so Disney can't touch them without shelling out another several billion.

And here. When I first found out, I was all overreacting and freaking out too but the linked article brings up a lot of good points and helped to calm me down.

invisible-weirdo

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:09 am
Hmm you know I should have thought about DC being owned by WB... Thank you, you've calmed be down a bit.

I would like to say I still hate the idea of Kingdom hearts and will never play them! Disney and Final Fantasy meeting up WAS stupid! Also at least there isn't going to be any HUGE changes for about 10 years. Yea for pre-existing contracts.

I also hope that none of the awesome actors in the current movies decide to stop playing said roles because of this.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:23 am
No problem. Like I said, I had a similar reaction when I first found out.

The idea behind Kingdom Hearts (Disney + Final Fantasy = gonk ) sounds awfully off-putting, I'll admit, but the actual game wasn't that bad. The Final Fantasy characters really took a backseat in terms of story but I think that it contributed enough to the general style and gameplay. Of course, nothing I say can get you to like the games if you're really that against it.

Yay for pre-existing contracts indeed~
As for the actors in the current movies, I don't think they'd actually be directly affected by this since the movies are own by different companies for the time being. So yay for pre-existing contracts again~

invisible-weirdo

Kire Kaysan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:05 am
I don't have a problem with Marvel being bought by Disney. According to the article Invis posted, it will actually be somewhat better. WE may actually be able to one day see movies with the good guys teaming up or fighting each other.

As for Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix asked to use Disney characters, and the company found a great way for the worlds to meet. I personally liked the idea and the games are fun. I just hope they do not do what the article mentioned about going to a MArvel world & have Sora team up with Hulk or Iron Man.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:21 am
I've noticed something about the Kingdom hearts game:
you're all thinking about it wrong.

as an avid disney fan I have knowledge that while Mickey mouse is in fact mickey mouse, there are still many versions of him. this is the same case for many of the other characters.

My favourite writers and artists for Donald Duck is Carl Barks and Don rosa as they took a more serious approach to the stories (and they combined their stories together).

other writers just clash a typical "donald gets mad and screams at everything" story.
for kingdom hearts its a similar concept, the general idea of the disney characters are there but some changes are made to accomodate the FF world (and vice versa).
I loved the idea and I loved the first game (second game seemed dumbed down in my eyes).

Don't dislike something before you've checked it out.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

GuillotineGirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:05 am
Eh, I don't really give a crap about comics. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 am
Soccer383
Eh, I don't really give a crap about comics. rolleyes
I am an old ATG member =]

Then why the ******** you posting here?
thats not even valuable input on dislike of comics.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:09 am
Invis, I could just see an actor not wanting to be affiliated with Disney, why I don't know, but again hurrah for the contracts!

Kire, I did read that too which is why I'm ok about it now, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Pixar make an X-Man series, movies or cartoons, but I want it darker. I think the 90's show was great and all and I'm still in love with it, but they could make a great X-Men series that is aimed towards adults, like Spawn!

Shram, when I think Disney, I think of what they want me to think of. The prettied up Princesses, fairy dust, and happy endings. This isn't so in the world of marvel and I'm just really hoping it doesn't turn out like that. I know Disney used to make some great movies, movies where they didn't always have the happiest of endings, movies that were dark even, but it doesn't seem that way lately. As for Kingdom Hearts, GTR was playing it and I just love watching him play video games regardless of what they are, hell I've watched him play the Resident Evil games and Bio Shock... GRM can't stand scary things but I watched anyways because for whatever reason I just love it. However I tried to watch him play Kingdom Hearts, and it was SO ******** boring! I don't even know if he finished it. Therefore, to me, Kingdom Hearts sucks a**. It was too cartoony too I felt.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:12 am
God-Raped-Me
Invis, I could just see an actor not wanting to be affiliated with Disney, why I don't know, but again hurrah for the contracts!

Kire, I did read that too which is why I'm ok about it now, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Pixar make an X-Man series, movies or cartoons, but I want it darker. I think the 90's show was great and all and I'm still in love with it, but they could make a great X-Men series that is aimed towards adults, like Spawn!

Shram, when I think Disney, I think of what they want me to think of. The prettied up Princesses, fairy dust, and happy endings. This isn't so in the world of marvel and I'm just really hoping it doesn't turn out like that. I know Disney used to make some great movies, movies where they didn't always have the happiest of endings, movies that were dark even, but it doesn't seem that way lately. As for Kingdom Hearts, GTR was playing it and I just love watching him play video games regardless of what they are, hell I've watched him play the Resident Evil games and Bio Shock... GRM can't stand scary things but I watched anyways because for whatever reason I just love it. However I tried to watch him play Kingdom Hearts, and it was SO ******** boring! I don't even know if he finished it. Therefore, to me, Kingdom Hearts sucks a**. It was too cartoony too I felt.

so simply not your story then xP
I loved it personally. personally I've never been a fan of the overly pretty princesses (being a boy and all) so I guess we just see different sides of disney.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:36 am
You know, I can't even remember what the hell the story was behind it. All I remember from the game is killing a ton of enemies and getting cards. Yup, not the game for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:41 am
If someone was going to pay me $4 billion for anything I owned...I'd probably give it to them e_e  

chibibble

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:55 am
God-Raped-Me
You know, I can't even remember what the hell the story was behind it. All I remember from the game is killing a ton of enemies and getting cards. Yup, not the game for me.

cards...?
you've been not playing the PS2 version?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 am
Shram
My favourite writers and artists for Donald Duck is Carl Barks and Don rosa as they took a more serious approach to the stories (and they combined their stories together).

other writers just clash a typical "donald gets mad and screams at everything" story.

I love you, Shram... lol I just pulled out my Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck and the companion graphic novels by Don Rosa, and I'm to get my loaned-out copy of Barks' Life of Uncle Scrooge McDuck here in a week or two. ^_^

Then, of course, there's DuckTales, which heavily mined Barks' Scrooge mythology.

And there's Gottfriedson's Mickey stories with Colonel Dobermann and the Phantom Blot and etc... ^_^  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:04 am
Shram
God-Raped-Me

cards...?
you've been not playing the PS2 version?

Nope GTR had the GBA version.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces