Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dark Heresy Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:47 pm
So, I'm curious as to how many people have heard of it, and how many more have actually looked into the system. I personally find it fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:57 pm
Can't say I've heard of it, though my knowledge on games is pretty limited to the "main" d20 games.  

bamaotaku
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:14 pm
It's basically a 2d10 game... or d100. Though you need d10 for some things.

It's actually pretty fun. The setting is Warhammer 40k  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:21 pm
Can't say I heard of it, but am more than willing to learn. Love warhammer 40k and all its mythology. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!  

Shingami Hiroshi

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:00 pm
Well, let me explain. When you do stuff, you make stat tests. Your stats can be anywhere from 20 something to 40something if your lucky at the start. So... say you wanted to smash your hammer into this cultist. You'd roll a 1d100 and compare it to your Weapon skill. So.. say you hit. You'd then roll another d100 to find out WHERE you hit, aka arm (Right or left), leg (r/l) body, or head. Then roll the damage of the weapon. Most are D10 with bonuses or negatives depending on what you use and then many other fun stuff.

Anyways, once that damage is rolled, the person you just smashed with the hammer takes that total and subtracts from it their armor value and toughness. Then takes whatever is left from his Wounds.

Now, you don't get many wounds. 11 is a good number. Basically, you normally have the awesome fights consisting of strike and parry or attack and dodge, cause it is entirely possible to die in one hit, even a max level guy from a new Inquisitor.

Oh yea, you play a group of new acolytes for the Inquisitors.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:42 pm
Of course, the chances of me running one are entirely dependent on if I find people that actually know this system or have no complaints about trying something new.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Hasan Etherion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:42 pm
A friend of mine knows a mdm that was planning a dark heresy campaign a while ago but otherwise I have never heard of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:02 pm
What's the point of rolling to see where you strike? Besides flavor. I assume if they have a mechanic for it, they have a mechanical reason for it too...  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:57 pm
Because it determines how much damage you do. Armor either covers head, body, arms, legs, or a combination. Also, it provides fun flavor for when you kill someone.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:43 pm
Well, for the record, I'm big on 40k (been playing from 2nd edition to about half a year into 4th). I don't have that game though, and I dunno how required it will be to have it to play?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:59 am
You don't exactly need it... but it's useful to have cause you don't have to wait for me to help you make your character.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:11 pm
I've heard of it, and my DM was planning to run a campaign. However, we just stuck with DnD, because there were only like, three or five weeks left of us meeting. The concept and idea behind it sound fun and interesting, but I am sad about the idea that my character could die more easily.  

authority_lex

2,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:47 am
It's more realistic that way, but I understand what you mean. Fun part is that there are no thinks like magic powers... unless you play a psyker. And then there's always the chance of blowing your head up or summoning a deamon or some other catastrophe. Basically, you're pretty much human. Well, guess Tech Priests get some things, but they aren't really what most people think.

Hmm, let me explain a character idea.

My last character was a cleric. Now before you get all 'Oh, so he was a healer' or some stupid s**t relating to DnD, DON'T.

They are much different.

CLerics in this are more like real life clerics... aka holy men who proclaim the 'good word' or in this case, the word of the Emperor. They are the guys who go out, preach, and when all else fails... shoot someone in the face with a crossbow or cut a guy's leg off. Think of them as more akin to paladins. still, no powers. They're just devoted badasses.

Now, my guy primarily used a staff, which was also his walking stick. He was mainly a pilgrim, but had a think for cutting off the heads of his enemies and skinning them, as well as taking all the juicy insides out, to make 'skull charms' which he wore on a belt... only 4 though. Of course he'd also give these charms away. Trust me, I'm not joking. One of the things you can buy is a skull charm made with real skull.

Tech Priests can make Skull Drones... and there's other uses for skulls... such as skull nades.

Yea, basically, expect to see lots of grim and 'gross' stuff.

Also remember that humans can live ridiculously long, so you might be 60 something and still doing this s**t the same as a guy in his 20s. Maybe even be 100. Dunno the age limit... think I heard once of a guy who seemed about 40 being talked about how he did something in his career centuries ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:29 am
So... anyone?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:52 pm
I'm up for it if you can help me with the rules  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash