Welcome to Gaia! ::

House of Rahl: A Sword of Truth Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for fans of the book series, Terry Goodkind, and yes, even the tv series. 

Tags: Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Rahl, Seeker, Role Play 

Reply Azrith Plains
I have questions about the Seeker

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Gantz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:06 am
I've only seen the tv series *raises arms* Don't stone me! DX

Can someone tell me about the Seekers before Keiran?(not sure if I spelled that right) Do the books even mention anymore? What "exactly" does the sword of truth do? Does it enhance the users skills?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:44 am
ok the books never mention a kerian but there was samuel in the books now for anyone other than a true seeker the sword does 3 main things

1 it enchances the users inate rage and brings it out
2 it can cut through any object no matter the material but cannot hurt someone the holder veiws as inncoent even sub conciusly
3 it will turn them inot a diosgrace of a person such as samuel (shota the witch womens pet)

now for richard the one true seeker it removes #3 and adds some more benifits such as

1 he has the abilites of anyone tht has used the sword before him giving him un humanley skill in combat
2 if he can turn the sword white and use compassion and forgivness you can kill anyone even some one you veiw innocent (thats how he killed denna in the book)

*SPOLIER FOR ENDING DO NOT READ REST IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW ENDING TO CONFESSOR*

ok now one final thing thhe sword can do is open the boxes of orden as the book of counted shadows is not the key but the sword of truth is  

dot_hack_ver2

2,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:49 am
The Sword was depicted completely differently in the books than in the show, while they kept the feeling of learning something from the other seekers, a good example of this is in the Chainfire book of the series if you haven't read it I won't say anything (but I'm sure a few will have a ah-ah moment), and the glowing sword was pretty close, but you really don't read/hear much about previous Seekers, official or unofficial, in the books other than Richard perspective of accessing deeper into the sword and feeling the knowledge of those who have used the sword before him.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:55 am
youre forgetting samuel and richard early in the first book see erly in the first book he was the same as any seeker and samuel shows what happens to a non true seeker but he gives a good veiw into what preivous seekers could do  

dot_hack_ver2

2,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 pm
True nearly forgot about Samuel. xp I just woke up after a horrible night's rest.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:14 pm
tis ok anyway samuel only shows some seekr abilites in chainfire series and shows how he avoided directly killing so he wouldnt haver to feel the pain  

dot_hack_ver2

2,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:45 pm
Yeah like with Tovi who died slowly and Nicci just rubbed it in her face (I think it was Tovi).  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:03 pm
So they tell no other stories of seekers before Samuel or Richard? gonk ah well. Thanks for the info. I plan on reading the books once I can find them.  

Dark Gantz

Dark Gantz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:04 pm
I have more questions!!! What's the history behind the house of Rahl? What were they like before the current Rahl? Do the books talk about how the house of Rahl started?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:26 pm
The House of Rahl that is going to be interesting to explain... first off the history starts off with Alric who made sure that there was always a wizard to rule over D'Hara, it wasn't till Panis Rahl that the family kindness disappeared till Richard returned things to the way they were before Darken and Panis Rahl. With what Alric did also created the pillars of creation, aka the pristinely ungifted.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Irako of the Desert

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:58 pm
I thought the wizards ruling the House of Rahl got progressively worse as generations went on... And I know we were all debating about Nathan Rahl and why he wasn't leading D'Hara... confused  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:12 pm
There could be several reasons on that and I ain't getting into that.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Azrith Plains

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items