Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Anyone up for a little competition? [1-2 slots available] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good or Evil Team?
  Good is the way to go!
  Evil rocks my socks!
  Meh. I think I'll just take the gold.
View Results

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:51 am
I've been considering running a two-sided 4e game. I think this would be an interesting experience, to say the least. On the one hand, we'd have your typical Good organization. On the other hand, we'd have your less-played Evil organization. The fun part is that we'd have two parties going in this game. It would be the Evil ones trying to outwit and kill the Good ones and vice versa.

Sound like fun? Here's the kicker... All of you will be at 18th level. So this is a high-paragon game. Lots of options, and lots of slots available since I figure we could have six or so members on each side. For a total of around twelve players overall.

As I said, you'll all be starting at 18th level. You've been around the block. You know your adventuring group (you'll have to decide on a name for your group), and you are aware of your opposite group's existence. And you want to see them dead/brought to justice.

Each character may have a level 19 magic item, and level 18 magic item, and level 17 magic item, and enough gold to purchase another level 17 magic item.

The Good team doesn't necessarily have to be all Good characters. Just ones with overall good intentions. So Lawful Good, Good, and Unaligned characters can fit in fine. Possibly even an Evil one if you think you could pull that off.

The Evil team should probably be Evil and Unaligned characters. I think I'll even allow Chaotic Evil characters for it. For the awesome, blow-up-the-world fun times.

Since we obviously don't want people to cheat and spy on the opposing team's plans in a metagame fashion, if you are expressing interest in this, you need to agree to the following Terms of Agreement:

"I, __________, swear that I will keep to only the threads of my team. I will not read the threads and plans of the opposing team, nor will I discuss my own team's plans with the opposing players outside of the game itself. If I am caught doing this, I understand that my character will be expelled from the game."

If you could kindly put that paragraph into the post when you put your character sheet on here, that would be wonderful. Please take it seriously. It wouldn't be as fun if all of the surprises got ruined. I'm sure you agree. Each thread will be clearly marked whether it is for one team or the other or both.

Good Team (to be named by the players)

1. Rain Yupa
2. Psychofish
3. Arc Vembris - dragonborn sorcerer
4. joe-dude667 - kobold ranger (possibly)
5. Dark Jono - shaman
6. (WingedDemonVM possibly, for gap-filling purposes)

Evil Team (to be named by the players)

1. iDragow - either a vampire warlock or a gnoll ranger
2. Bound Birdie - succubus bard
3. Rhaegar14 - druid
4. Direwolf1994
5. Durgress - tiefling paladin
6. (WingedDemonVM possibly, for gap-filling purposes)

Start signing up/showing interest... Now!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:54 am
Damned, our first DM was going to run a similer game. Always wanted to run one myself but we never had enough players XD

I'd love to but I cant stand 4E =/ Hope you get a few people together n.n I'll defantly be watching this one develop =3  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:56 am
I would do something like this in 3.5, but I don't know the rules well enough to do so... *le sigh* I'm much more familiar with 4e.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:01 pm
I personaly find the Rule's for DMing are fairly easy =3

Hell if you wanted to run a 3.5 version of this I'll help with rules by co-DM =3

I only learnt by running a game and the current DM giving me a hand n.n  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:08 pm
... I'll see if enough people are interested in the 4e version first. If the majority wish to do this in 3.5 instead, then I'll consider switching to that. But I'm rather inexperienced with 3.5. I've played it before, yes. I started out on 3.5 and played it for several months, but that was almost two years ago and I have only been in the occasional one-shot since then. I am MUCH more familiar with 4e...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:12 pm
Well it was an offer n.n I hope you get a game going, 4th or 3.5, should be an interesting read reguardless n.n  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:13 pm
One would hope. I've been meaning to do this since I read that highly amusing story about the Head of Vecna. Are you familiar with that one?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:18 pm
Someone mentioned it to me a while ago. Though I dont know the story XD Care to regail me?  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:26 pm
Basically, a DM was running one game with two groups in it, and the groups were playing on different days. They ended up being enemies, and so one of the groups came up with a brilliant idea. They decided to set the other group up by paying people to spread rumors about a Head of Vecna and have the other group go looking for it. Of course, they filled the selected place with traps and such, thinking themselves oh so clever.

One of the members in that group wasn't there for the session that they were planning all of this. He was a druid, and when he heard about this Head of Vecna, he went to find it, not knowing that his group was responsible for this. So he went to the small dungeon and set off all the traps and such and found the Head of Vecna, which was just some random head that the group had placed there. The DM thought that this wasn't going to lead to anything bad since the druid couldn't put the head on himself after cutting off his own head. But oh no. The druid told his animal companion--an ape--to put the head on him after he cut off his own head. So he cut off his head, and the DM promptly told him what an idiot he was, as did the rest of the group.

So they revived the druid and set up the traps and such again, and they fixed a problem with the head--it had both eyes, so they had to remove one--and then things were set up for the other group to come.

The other group came, and they found the Head of Vecna, suspecting nothing. Then they started arguing over who would get the head. Once they picked the person, they lopped off his head and then had second thoughts about whether he should have the head or not. Another person thought they'd be the better choice, so off went his head. And they still had doubts. Once have the party had no head, someone finally put the head on one of them. And nothing happened. Duh.

The DM cracked up. Honestly. The Head of Vecna. Really...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:10 pm
Aw man! I was trying to talk Nayr into this very same idea with his Island Kingdoms of Dara' Stania! But we couldn't think of a way to pull it off so that the good guys wouldn't know what the bad guys were doing and vice versa. >.<

If you figured out a way, I suppose I would want in... but I'm in so many games as it is, I'll take the spot only if I don't take the place of a newer member.

I would want to play either a vampire warlord or a Gnoll Ranger, I suppose, so most likely I would be on the ebil team. ^.^  

iDragow

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:18 pm
Okay then! I don't think you'll be taking the place of anyone, honestly. I might have to throw in a character of my own for one team or the other, depending on interest.

Feel free to play an unusual-for-PC race. I'm not picky about that at all.

And as for keeping things separate... It'll probably have to be on the honor system. In fact, let me add something about that to the first post here...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:46 pm
...oops, I did write that. Sorry, I meant a Vampire Warlock. They have the power "Vampiric Embrace" which would just go flawlessly with a vamp. 'Course, if I go Gnoll, that's not a problem at all. sweatdrop  

iDragow

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:50 pm
That's cool. I fixed it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:53 pm
I'm interested in this, but I'm curious if you'll be throwing the parties against one another from the get-go, or have it something building as time progresses?

I'm leaning towards the Good team. Though, I want to play (and update) a character from another game here that died off. He's VERY unaligned, and I can see him going either way. But, I'll wait to see what other people decide to play.

Put me down for the Good team, and we'll see how it turns out.

Also, I'd be more interested to play this as 4e than 3.5.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Bound Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 pm
If you end up needing a Leader for the evil team I have a Succubus Bard I could level up wink  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff