Reply Community Lounge
Drag Racing and Gender Bending

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:55 pm
So... Not going to lie. The majority of this thread is to stroke my own ego because I need pointers on my outfit.

My Drag Show/Drag Race Outfit

I know, I know. I'm a one-trick pony. But my legs are my best feature if I'm going to do drag, and, gosh darnit, I will flaunt and show them off! I need help with some other details, however:

• Do I wear fishnets, nylons, or knee-high socks, and what colours? I'm thinking knee-high white socks.
  • What should my Drag name be? Jafty and I thought of Miss Ivanna Stiffenyew.
  • What kind of wig? I'd love to do a black or brunette wig in a bun, that I can pull a pin out of and it'll fall in long wavy locks.
  • Accessories, which ones to wear? I'm thinking clip on earrings, a school ruler, and possibly a garter.
  • What song? My current choice is "Oops, I Did It Again" by Britney Spears.

Now... for some other discussion: How do you feel about androgyny, or not following gender generalisations? How about drag shows? Don't I have the hottest legs ever? What are some tips you have for someone doing drag for the first time? Must people act a certain way because of their biological gender, or their sexual/romantic likes?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:08 am
Don't wear anything on your legs. I know that guys find it FAR more attractive when they know there is nothing but undies up there, and if you wear knee highs it'll take away from the detail in your calves. Maybe wear higher heels not too much higher though.

Wig, make it red! Red heads are always hot... which is why I'm always trying to die my hair red. Make it a shoulder length one too. Shoulder length hair is a "fun" length. Enough to grab but not so much it gets in the way.

I'm not good with names, or songs. Although when I'm thinking about a song for you I'm thinking along the lines of Queen.

Acessories, a nice necklace, bracelet, perhaps a ring and yes, I would do some clip on ear rings. I would use a ruler too. Oh and glasses.

On to other discussion, You do have nice legs... I like mine better though ^_^. I'm very much a tomboy. I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out that I was a man in a chicks body... and I would stay that way too. I drive like a man, I think like a man... men love me. I also love working on cars, hell I LOVE cars, My favourite of all time is a 67' GTX!

I have to go out now, more will come on how not girlish I am!  

God-Raped-Me

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:15 pm
I am an old ATG member =]

That picture disturbed me more then I thought it would...
No offense meant, your legs are indeed sexy.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:25 pm
You do have very nice legs. I'm jealous.
And I think you should go with the knee high socks, personally. I actually think they draw more attention, but what do I know? razz

I think you should go with black for the wig, or a really dark brown. I really like the bun idea, too.

I'll leave your choice of accessories alone. I can't help with that. xD

I like GRM's suggestion of Queen for your song. I'm rather partial to "Killer Queen." biggrin  

pickle relish

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:13 pm
*jealous of your legs as well* D:

And I'm for the knee high socks idea 3nodding I think it'd really add to the outfit, while at the same time still making your legs look great.
And red for a wig sounds nice but I think you'd be able to pull off black much better.

As for the rest, I'm pretty useless. sweatdrop All up to you on those ones.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:37 pm
I think Killer Queen would be a good song for Lin! Also yes he could pull Black off, but red is just sexy. It's like the international hair colour for sexy!

On to how not girlish I am. It seem like I know more about tools then a few guys out there and I know how to use most tools. The fact that I can do my own oil change blows everyone I know out of the water and I don't know why. I always thought it was a pretty easy procedure. Same with changing break pads, putting fluids in their respectable places. I don't like chick flicks. I love action/adventure and sci-fi movies. I'm not into expensive jewelery, in fact I told GTR that if he ever comes home with some jewelery item for me I would punch him out and make him return it. $200 is the most expensive I will wear. Hell even when it comes to figure skating I'm not girlish! I don't do the graceful arm movements or "sad look" face. I stake for the speed strength and height! The higher and faster I do a spin or jump the better! And the judges seem to love it too! I don't like wearing dresses and until this summer I even wore mens sunglasses... My sister-in-law bought me a pair of chick glasses but they're not super girly! I like who I am though, guys love me because I'm so similar to them yet I'm a chick, well that's what they say anyways.

It's really funny now that I think about it... Every time I read "drag racing" I think of racing with cars... ^_^

Oh and HI SHRAM!  

God-Raped-Me

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:08 pm
You do have really nice legs ^.^

Well, with my schoolgirl outfit, I wear black leggins and boots that go 3/4 of the way up my calves... but that's 'cause I love the boots and I have to wear leggings because the skirt is so short. Curse you Hot Topic and your overpricedness and being the only place to get a plaid skirt around here! gonk I also have a plaid tie...

I suggest a black or brown wig for you. Yes, red is sexy... but a lot of reds look totally unnatural and would look even more so with your skin color. I suggest you get a cute hat to go with your outfit, though! I have one and it is so AWESOME! You need to find just the right hat and see if hats suit you, but if it all works out... It's so totally worth it!

Hmmm, cover your legs if you want, but I'd go with something really close so as to show off their nice shape. Go with either some dainty little shoes or some skin tight high boots. Footwear partially depends on legwear or lack thereof, though... High boots may not look as good with bare legs as they do with leggings, I'm not sure...

The only thing I can think for a drag name is to have Lin in it somewhere... And I'd suggest j**z in my Pants for your song just because it's funny, but probably not. China Girl, Queen b***h, Oh! You Pretty Things, Rebel Rebel, all by David Bowie? Ummm... Heart Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand) by Mariln Manson... Shut Up (And Sleep With Me) by Sin with Sebastian...

Sorry, these are just the songs I have on hand. Lots of Bowie, I know >.< Queen b***h is just an awesome title, Oh! You Pretty things might work out somehow... and I was just thinking "You've got your mother in a whirl, she ain't really sure if you're a boy or a girl" for Rebel Rebel... I can't even think of the lyrics on the others *laugh*  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:05 pm
I think I'm going for a more innocent look so, at the expense of not showing off as much definition, I'm going to go for some knee-high white socks, perhaps with little bows on them. As for the wig, I really don't think a red wig would be good on me, and currently that's a bit pricey unless I borrow a wig. I'm kinda going on Budget Drag Queen for this show. I do love red-haired people though; it's like "...ooooh..." . I like your necklace idea, Grmmy, though I might go for a choker instead (for some odd reason I find chokers a bit more sexy, especially if it's the right kind) and just earrings. Songs need to be sung, generally, by a female, whether it be an actual song written and sung by a female, or a female rendition of a song. Also, "All Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" would also be great.

@Shram: I disturbed you? What was so disturbing? :3  

Sentama Lin

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:55 pm
Linny: He's disturbed because you are a sexy man-beast cool  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 am
Lobo-chan
Linny: He's disturbed because you are a sexy man-beast cool

scream scream scream
well yeah that to but you're legs are quiet a bit whiter then I figured xP  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:27 pm
Great. Now I need a bikini so I can tan before the drag show. x3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:31 pm
You said drag show. I was thinking drag racing. I was sadly disappointed.

At least you have hot legs. That saved the moment.

I am the wrong person to ask for advice about looking like a girl. But I did once work as a debate coach in a catholic high school. Totally go with the knee socks. A black wig would look good against your skin. Keep the other accessories to a minimum. Maybe clip on earrings. Oh, and for go lipstick, or pick a light shade...with lots of gloss. And glasses might be a nice touch. I like the idea of the ruler for a prop.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:08 am
Well... When it comes to drag racing... It's just a bunch of drag kings/queens racing. It's rather amusing at times, really.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:03 pm
Oh my lord, your legs are effing faaaaab~

Do want.

I would definitely wear some kind of stocking or knee-highs to really complete the sexy school-girl look. Your garter idea would be nice with sheer stockings.

I'd suggest unbuttoning the shirt as far as you can, but I realize that (depending on how you get bewbs) it could be problematic.

I think a black wig would look most natural, considering your hair is already dark (from what I can see).

As far as accessories go, maybe some kind of locket around your neck?

Drag names are fun to make up. Yvonne de Saucisson. xd That's kind of vulgar, though.

Anyway, I hope you have lots of fun. biggrin

PixiecuTT

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces