Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Islamic Guild

Back to Guilds

A drama-free guild devoted to Islamic disscussion. 

Tags: Islam, drama-free, discussion, Muslim, Religion 

Reply Chatterbox/charity
This kind of made me sad & happy at the same time.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 pm
I dont support the war, and i dont really support soldiers much, since in my opinion MOST of them are corrupt. But there are people out there in this 'war' with good intentions, making schools for Afghani girls safe from the terrorists, and building orphanages for the boys so they dont get sucked into a life of crime.

THIS video is about one of those people, he was from here in Georgia and died fighting to give those kids a 2nd chance. The video follows him from Atlanta, to his final burial spot in McDonough, GA. And the amount of people showing their respect touched me.

Video.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:07 pm
That's really quite a touching story. I wish we had more soldiers and, moreover, regular people like him.

Part of me wants to be proud of the fact that he was from my hometown of Atlanta x3 Good to know we have some upstanding people around here.  

Kerubiel

Friend

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm
Melingel
That's really quite a touching story. I wish we had more soldiers and, moreover, regular people like him.

Part of me wants to be proud of the fact that he was from my hometown of Atlanta x3 Good to know we have some upstanding people around here.

I live in East metro area :3
You are the 4th Georgian i have encountered in this guild xD  
Chatterbox/charity

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces