Any good vampire books? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

goblin_cherry

Ghostly Creature

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:25 pm
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of good vampire books to read.
I've read a lot and i need some more!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:23 pm
vampire kisses, the cronicals of vladimir tod, the night world, blue bloods.  

Xx--XNekoSenpaiX--xX

ninja-cookies-attack

5,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:05 pm
silver kiss is a good one.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:55 am
i know the manga vampire knight  

XmimicoX

moonstar26

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 am
the house of night books are asome so is anne rice  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:19 pm
real vampires live large its kinda perverted at parts and the cover is horrible but its agood book sa far im only half way through it myself.  

ninja-cookies-attack

5,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Xx--XNekoSenpaiX--xX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:28 pm
im gettin a good book over the weekand called Dance with a Vampire. It is the second one in the Vampire Kisses series  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:37 pm
moonstar26
the house of night books are asome so is anne rice

house of night FTW!  

--Kimiko Kyuuketsuki--

Durem Perfectionist

5,650 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200

Xx--XNekoSenpaiX--xX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:12 pm
ive herd of anne rice...mabie i will look up house of night. apparently they are good XD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:44 pm
PurplePoison95
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of good vampire books to read.
I've read a lot and i need some more!

I highly recommend Anne Rice's "Vampire Chronicles" personally. If you're interested in "old school" vampires, chase down the short story "Carmilla" by Sheridan LeFanu, Dracula by Bram Stoker (obviously!), and Dr. John Polidori's "The Vampyre".

If you want something a little different, check out the "Dhampir" series by Barb & J.C. Hendee (Dhampir, Thief of Lives, Traitor to the Blood, Sister of the Dead, and Child of a Dead God)--the title character, Magiere, is a half-human/half-vampire who hunts vampires with her half-elf partner, and they're pretty good if you like fantasy novels.

I've read a few of Laurell Hamilton's "Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter" novels, and they're really good if you like a 'film noir' style story. (I love her "Merry Gentry" novels about Faerie myself!)

Also, even though the title character's a wizard, several of Jim Butcher's "Dresden Files" novels feature some serious vampires. Don't know if they'd do anything for you or not, but you might give them a try.

Also, I can recommend several non-fiction works such as The Vampire Book by J. Gordon Melton (a good encyclopedia of almost everything vampire-related up to the point where it was published), Piercing the Darkness and The Science of Vampires by Dr. Katherine Ramsland, and Vampires Among Us (but I can't remember offhand who wrote it... sad )  

Kitirena

Feline Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Jazlyn90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 pm
I highly recommend Anne Rice's "Vampire Chronicles" personally. If you're interested in "old school" vampires, chase down the short story "Carmilla" by Sheridan LeFanu, Dracula by Bram Stoker (obviously!), and Dr. John Polidori's "The Vampyre".

If you want something a little different, check out the "Dhampir" series by Barb & J.C. Hendee (Dhampir, Thief of Lives, Traitor to the Blood, Sister of the Dead, and Child of a Dead God)--the title character, Magiere, is a half-human/half-vampire who hunts vampires with her half-elf partner, and they're pretty good if you like fantasy novels.

I've read a few of Laurell Hamilton's "Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter" novels, and they're really good if you like a 'film noir' style story. (I love her "Merry Gentry" novels about Faerie myself!)

Also, even though the title character's a wizard, several of Jim Butcher's "Dresden Files" novels feature some serious vampires. Don't know if they'd do anything for you or not, but you might give them a try.

Also, I can recommend several non-fiction works such as The Vampire Book by J. Gordon Melton (a good encyclopedia of almost everything vampire-related up to the point where it was published), Piercing the Darkness and The Science of Vampires by Dr. Katherine Ramsland, and Vampires Among Us (but I can't remember offhand who wrote it... sad )

I've read most of these books and I agree that they all are pretty good. The vampire book by J. Gordon Melton is like my bible.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:30 pm
well there is the twilght books and the vampire academy...thats all i can think of  

Valechii

Shirtless Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Millionaire 200

Deadanimegirltor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:08 pm
oh jeez there are a bunch. like Marked(but its not recemeded if ur under 14) Vampire Kisses, Twilight( ihate it personaly but u may like it) ummmm i cant think of more...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:14 pm
thanks! just 2 let u know, i have read all of the vampire kisses books, vampire plauges(worst vampire books ever), midnight predator, the otherworldlies, twilight(yuck!), and thirsty  

goblin_cherry

Ghostly Creature

vampyress of hell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:39 am
The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice (Interview with a Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned, Tale of the Body Thief, Memnoch the Devil, The Vampire Armand, Merrick, Blood and Gold, Blackwood Farm, and Blood Canticle {I am not sure if there are others or not})

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber (Vampire Kisses, Kssing Coffins, Vampireville, Dance with a Vampire, Coffin Club, and Royal Blood {Which I haven't read yet!})

Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan (There is 12 books I've read them all and can't remember each title)

Dracula by Bram Stoker (Classic)

Bloodline by Kate Cary (There is a second one too!)  
Durem Vampire Siblings

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff