Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
What is good lvl to start your campain at? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best tier to play
  Hero (1-9)
  Paragon Path (10-19)
  Epic Destiny (20-30)
  Absoulte Badass (31+)
View Results

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:06 pm
Bound Birdie
*AHEM* I'm glad you guys are having a good conversation but I described the campaign to you all in an earlier post! *points up at her last post*
*sigh* I just want to run Like a few Epic wars and then a group of VERY elite members on some crusade type stuff. So Hoards of high lvl minions and a few truly challenging "leaders of the battalion types" And catapults flinging boulders that do 3d10 pop at the battlement your trying to fire spells of off! MWHAHA! sorry got carried away. but Yes I think at the paragon path. I definite feel like that's a good mid point to start at.

...that sounds Ab-so-freakin'-AWESOME! That's one thing I would like to see more of: instead of small group vs. small group, full blown WARS! Now THAT would be Epic! twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:50 pm
iDragow
Bound Birdie
*AHEM* I'm glad you guys are having a good conversation but I described the campaign to you all in an earlier post! *points up at her last post*
*sigh* I just want to run Like a few Epic wars and then a group of VERY elite members on some crusade type stuff. So Hoards of high lvl minions and a few truly challenging "leaders of the battalion types" And catapults flinging boulders that do 3d10 pop at the battlement your trying to fire spells of off! MWHAHA! sorry got carried away. but Yes I think at the paragon path. I definite feel like that's a good mid point to start at.

...that sounds Ab-so-freakin'-AWESOME! That's one thing I would like to see more of: instead of small group vs. small group, full blown WARS! Now THAT would be Epic! twisted

"The enemy makes their ranged attack against you....okay, you've been hit by the enemy's boulder fired from their catapult. Give me a moment to roll damage."

"Is that REALLY necessary?"

"I need to know whether you die instantly, or if you live for another second after it separates your torso from your hips."  

bamaotaku
Crew

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 pm
bamaotaku
iDragow
Bound Birdie

"The enemy makes their ranged attack against you....okay, you've been hit by the enemy's boulder fired from their catapult. Give me a moment to roll damage."

"Is that REALLY necessary?"

"I need to know whether you die instantly, or if you live for another second after it separates your torso from your hips."
that makes me want to play in an epic war-based game. "I wanna try to catch the catapult boulder and throw it back!"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:54 pm
This is why you need to be paragon-epic, so you can shrug off errant boulders.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:58 pm
Or knock them back like a game of death volleyball.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:00 pm
bamaotaku
just so long as that's not the climax of the campaign  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:07 pm
bamaotaku

Oh great not we are crossing fable and D&D ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:55 pm
o.O wow you guys.. I was just thinking a high enough reflex to jump out the way while it takes out a whole battalion of the npc's standing right next to you >.< ooOO how much damage do you think oil lit on fire and then poured over the wall on to the enemies would be? twisted ANYWAYS
@ Mr. Rain : Well that's good intention and I thank you for that. But I did take all that into consideration, it's actually why I posted this thread to begin with. I thought to myself "There's no way this is going to work with 3 at wills tops an encounter and a daily" Plus I have been experimenting with a few classes and I would really like to see how the turn out at there absolute best. But I didn't want to start the campaign and then have people show up and be like HEY YOU CAN'T DO THAT WHAT KINDA OF CRAPPY NOOB DM ARE YOU!
But >.< I'm happy see that is not the response I'm getting. So thanks for confirming my hopes! *eats the salmon she "caught" while working on her campaign* xd

SO About my hit die or @ bamaotaku
Why is it then that as a smart hero I'm only get a simple weapons proficiency which is s**t like a club or brass knuckles... that's a little "up-close and personal" for me at this point... Is there some kind of explosives proficiency in explosives? I'd much rather hide behind are car and blow something up with a detonator. Besides I have ranks in everything to MAKE C4 shouldn't I be able to use it?  

Bound Birdie

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:05 am
Well depending on your profession you get a bonus feat from there which usually includes one or two kinds of combat things like guns. and you get simple because they have expected you to know how to swing a club or throw a punch with some metal on your hand... They are weapons that you could find on maybe anyone or low land thugs.
As such explosives don't reqiure feats so they can be used by anyone and I suppose though I don't read it much a demolisions skill check could produce some pipe bombs or C4 Stuff... then again you may need craft for the chemical part really up to the DM on that unless its in the book I will look it over in the morning seeing as its 3am now ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:45 am
I have skill ranks in all of the following (listed from highest score to lowest)
Computer Use,Craft: 1 electronic, Repair,Knowledge: 1 technology, Research,Craft: 2 mechanics,Craft: 3 chemical,Demolitions,Disable Device,Forgery,Knowledge: 2 Tactics

and I understand the simplicity of it but there all melee and with such a low hp I would get my a** kicked.  

Bound Birdie

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:47 pm
Yeah hate to tell you a Smart hero is no more then the wizard of Modern. basicly until you get some gun feats, you can't do much and you shouldn't as a smart hero you are more the brainiac the talker if you will. So almost more like a Rogue here. your skills take place out side of combat.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:37 pm
I can see that, but as long as there's not something that I have to take for explosives I think I'm just going to throw dynamite from around a corner at lest until I gain enough life to take a hit >.<  

Bound Birdie

Ana-Justine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:01 am
I like to start at level 2 or 3, but I play 3.5.
That level represents someone with proven skill, but it is also someone who is way less likely to die at the hands of a lucky peasant.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:18 am
I can't speak for 4.0, because I don't play that, but I generally start PCs around 3-5 level in my 3.5 games. I ran a campaign that started at first level and ran for about two years, and the party hit about 6th level and it may actually have been the best game I've run, but I like starting out a little bit more competantly. It also allows me to throw better challenges at the PCs.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces