Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Mutants & Masterminds

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M&M
  Mutants!
  Masterminds!
  All of the above!
  None of the above!
View Results

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:13 pm
Does anyone or has anyone played it? What's everyone's thoughts about it?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 pm
I've started playing this not too long ago. My first character is Templar, based off of a City of Heroes character I played for a while.

Pretty much all his power is in 3 devices: His Mace, his Shield, and his Armor (the last being the major one). The armor contains the bound soul/ghost of a warrior from over 1000 years ago, who was slain fighting a powerful archmage.

The actual person, Kyle Night, an antique dealer via family trade, found the armor when he was trying to hide from robbers trying to invade his home and steal his collection! Donning the armor as a hiding spot, the spirit in the armor activated and took over, and he vanquished the thugs good! Now, the mild-mannered social outcast has had a taste of what it's like to HAVE power, to HAVE control, and tries to balance making a living with fighting injustice via his rather aggressive alter-ego!

Currently, he's Power Level 11 after the first story arc 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:00 pm
I have played it. It's an interesting system in my opinion. While it's mostly used to create Comic Book type characters and all, I've had a DM that totally did not stick to that. We had 3 worlds we played in to keep us from getting bored. The first was the comic book/modern world. The 2nd was a post apoc. mecha world. The final was a more victorian style world in which magic permeated everything. If you didn't do it with magic, something was wrong with you. God I loved that one. Scottish fire mage ftw. 3 guesses as to his 'name'.

Anyways, it's definitely something that's fun, even as you blunder through your first games as you try to get everything right.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:03 pm
As usuall I no long have my books for it, but I have played it a LONG time ago. and for a short while I maybe intrested with a brush up on the system. Otherwise I remember it was a fun game reminded me of the Heros system games. NOW that was crazy.  

Archfiend Damio

Durgress

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 am
Raganui Minamoto
Scottish fire mage ftw. 3 guesses as to his 'name'.

William Wallace.

When in doubt about the scottish, guess William Wallace.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:27 pm
I played the game for a little while, I liked the system, but HATED the world and story, I am sorry, but I hate comic book stuff.  

Hasan Etherion

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:14 pm
Durgress
Raganui Minamoto
Scottish fire mage ftw. 3 guesses as to his 'name'.

William Wallace.

When in doubt about the scottish, guess William Wallace.

Or Sean Connery. That be my guess.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:33 pm
@ Durgress and iDragow: Nope and nope. A Scot FIRE MAGE. He had an Enchanter's Staff... Hint, hint.

@ Hasan Etherion: You don't have to use the system to play a Comic Book world. It's just the most common.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces