Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Heavy Snowfall] Chapter 1: The Request Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:43 pm
Map

Round 3.
Initiative:
1. Ankheg: 34 damage, action point expended.
2. Kardenn: 9 damage, +2 Defences.
3. Kreil: 13 damage, 4 temp HP. Bloodied.
4. Bebeh Ankhegs:
5. Sovelian: 11 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both). Bloodied. Initiative
6. Rorrick:
7. Vince: 9 damage, +2 Defences.
8: Worm things: 15' in the air.

The giant flames seemed to sober the Dwarf up somewhat, as he took the logical path of taking out his mighty hammer and took a short rest. The Eladrin on the other hand, was in no mood to rest. She threw a hit in the direction of the bug, but was a spilt second too slow as it deflected the blow with it's pincer.

Those towards the left of the map would suddenly hear a small, high pitched scream coming from Sovelian's flames. Though the really scary thing was something smelt delicious...

Sovelian! Rorrick! Vince! You're up! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:01 pm
Seeing Kreil was introuble Rorrick dashed west. He then charged at the large ankheg shouting "repent this day foul insect your demise will come to a end here and now," the sharp end of his schimitar aimed at its chest.

Move Action move west 5

Standard Action Charge NW 5 squares putting me at F19

Basic Attack for charge 25 vs AC
6 Damge if there is a +1 to damage for chargeing 5 Damage if there is no bonus damage for chargeing.  

lk333

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:37 pm
Vince felt sick. He had been staring right at those baby Ankhegs when the worms can down from the cieling, and constricted around them. He felt the bile rising up in the back of his throat, but fought off the wave of nausia.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he realized that he had a slight opening on the large Ankheg. He was far enough away for the thing to pretty much have dismissed him. A dangerous mistake.

Vince headed Eastward, to try and get around the enemy. He then quickly turned, and dashed at the monster's backside. The Tempest Fighter pulled back his right hand as he got nearer. When he was within range, he lashed out with a right hook, using his momentum as well as the surprise attack to try and land a powerful blow.

Quote:
Move Action: 1 square NE, 5 squares East to K15.
Standard Action: Charge! 5 squares NE to F20.
Flanking!
Attack
13. Miss...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:26 am
Sovelian grinned and glanced up at the Worm Thing above him, "Enjoy." He glanced past the others and said, "If you'll excuse me."

And instantly appeared several feet away. With his sights now set on the adult Ankheg, raised his arms and fired a bolt of energy at the larger insect.

Or at least he tried to. The brave wizard found that he was no longer able to completely avoid the pain of the ankheg's poison. He took a deep breath, hoping he could last a bit longer.

((Move: Fey Step to K13 (Am I the only one using the grid thing?) ))
((Standard: Magic Missile at the Ankheg! Or not... Natural 1.))
((Save: Nope.))  

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:05 am
Map - to come. In the mean time here is a picture of a dog in human clothing.
Map

Round 4.
Initiative:
1. Ankheg: 39 damage, action point expended, grabbing Kreil.
2. Kardenn: 9 damage, +2 Defences. Initiative
3. Kreil: 16 damage, grabbed. Bloodied.
4. Bebeh Ankhegs:
5. Sovelian: 16 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both). Bloodied.
6. Rorrick:
7. Vince: 9 damage.

Any mere mortal would have been stuffed with slow poison running through their veins, but with a quick visit to the fey world, Sovelian didn't have to worry about that s**t. Unfortunately the poison was also causing pain. Pain enough to totally throw off his last attack. As a matter of fact, looked like the pain was a little too much for the poor wizard. Maybe he should have a little sit down? Drink some water.

The two fighters decided that their friend was of the biggest need, so ran across the cavern to get to assault the giant bug. Vince got in a hit, but it seemed to bounce off the Ankheg's thick hide. Rorrick on the other hand was far more successful. Seeing the guys running, the flying worms wasted no time in following.

Meanwhile the Ankheg was getting annoyed. Most meals weren't this hard to acquire! Shifting out of a flank, the giant insect put it's mighty pincers around the Avenger and lifted him into the air.

Kardenn! Kreil! Sovelian! Rorrick! Vince! All of you! You're up! mrgreen

[[Side notes:
Really sorry about all this map business. This fight shouldn't last too much longer. I'll come up with something for future fights. Bare with me! Things are similar to the last Map, but the Ankheg has shifted 1W and is now grabbing Kreil and Rorrick is on F19 and Vince is on F20 and and and and and and and I've said the word and a lot this sentence. Commas are expensive. Full Stops even more so. And.

Also, Sovelian is now the one who'll die on his turn because of poison. Just throwing it out there. ninja
]]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:21 pm
Sheer desperation drove Kreil to pulling out the big guns, so to speak. He brought his sword up and tried to stab the darn thing in the head as he shouted, "******** insect!"

After the attack, he tried to wiggle his way free of the bug's grasp, seriously wanting to get the hell away from it. But in his desperation, he only managed to stay just as caught as he was before. Go figure.

((Standard Action: Oath of the Final Duel; 18 vs. AC; 12 damage if hit, 6 if missed))
((Minor Action: none))
((Move Action: attempting to break the grab; miserable failure))  

WingedDemonVM

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:27 pm
Kardenn looked around, things weren't good. The big insect was chewing on the avenger, while the warriors tried to help. The wizard was dying of poison, and worst of all he was out of wine! Dropping his empty bottle on the ground, the smash brought him to his senses and out loud, he said to himself, "You idiot! Remember your Paladin training!" The Dwarf then looked to his right, and saw Sovelian struggling against the poison in his veins. Closing his eyes and drawing on the link to his divine powers, Kardenn tried to make Sovelian throw off the poison before it was too late. He then headed over to stand near the wizard, and attempted to protect him by holding up his warhammer defensively.

Quote:
Free: Drop wine bottle.
Minor: Use Divine Mettle on Sovelian. Sovelian can make a saving throw against the poison with a +2 bonus from my charisma.
Move: Head over to K12, provoking OA's if needed, (I still have my +2 atm).
Standard: Total Defence.
Post Turn: I have a +2 or +4 bonus to defenses due to Total Defense, depends on the way you are taking it Joe. smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:58 am
Map

Round 4.
Initiative:
1. Ankheg: 51 damage, action point expended, grabbing Kreil. Bloodied.
2. Kardenn: 9 damage, +2 Defences.
3. Kreil: 16 damage, grabbed. Bloodied.
4. Bebeh Ankhegs:
5. Sovelian: 21 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both). Dying.
6. Rorrick: Initiative
7. Vince: 9 damage.

Kardenn was out of wine! This was surely a sign from Moradin that his allies needed his help. Running towards the wizard, the Dwarf tried to call on his deity to help his new friend, but to no avail. The Wizard still fell to the ground, poison still flowing through his veins. Things could be better...

While this was going on Kreil was desperately trying to get out of the Ankheg's grasp. Though it's grip was far to tight. This clearly annoyed the Avenger to no end, as he relived his stress by sticking his sword deep in the bug's back. As he pulled his sword out he noticed that there was a lot of blood on the blade. That would take some cleaning!

Sovelian! 2 saving throws! burning_eyes

Rorrick! Vince! You're up! mrgreen

[[Side notes:
Sovelian is now unconscious and dying, but also has two turns before the poison actually kills him. =/ You'll need one throw for death and one throw for the poison still inside you. I'd offer sexual favours to the dice God's if I were you. >.<

Also I know I haven't moved Kardenn on the map yet, but with the giant kerfuffle this map business is causing I'll just do one map per round.
]]  

joe-dude667

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 pm
((I'm assuming Rorrick is going to leave to go help Sovelian. If not, I'll change my post.))

Vince was getting angry. Every time he's attacked these damn insects, he's missed so far. They were such big targets, he shouldn't be missing...

Although he would greatly like some assistance on killing the large insect, he knew that the Warlord had to help out where he was needed, and right now he was needed back with the others. However, being left with no allies other than the one caught in the Ankheg's pincers disheartened him slightly.

Taking up his boxing stance, Vince lashed out with his left fist quickly, to catch the foe off guard, and then launched a right straight into the creature's carapace. Despite his earlier misgivings, he was really hoping that he would put a dent in the creature...

Quote:
Move Action: Shift 1 square West
Standard Action: Dual Strike on Ankheg.
Attack:
1: 14
2: 13
Damage:
1: 10
2: 10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:36 pm
Rorrick saw the wizard collapse to the ground and was worried but when the wizard open his eyes again he was releived. Then he noticed the pained look on the wizards face and relized the poison was still coursing through his system and he wouldnt be concisous much longer if it kept up. Moveing to the wizards side and sheathing his schimitar. Roricck started tending to the Sovelian saying "dont worry comrade you will be fine we just have to get that poison out." Useing his medical training Rorick tried to help Sovelian get the poison out of his system.

Minor Action: Scheath schimitar.
Move Action: Move 5squares SW to K14 putting me East of Sovelian
Standard Action: Heal Check to grant him a saveing throw against the poison. Check 9 (I dont think that is enough)  

lk333

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces