Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Heavy Snowfall] Chapter 1: The Request Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lk333

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:19 pm
(Redone standard action)

Rorrick cursed seeing he couldnt do anymore being slowed and not close enough to the giant insect to attack. Instead he raised his shield to bolster his defense.

Redone Standard:Total Defense.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:08 am
After throwing off the effects of the poison, Kardenn re-cocked his dwarven pistol and took another shot at the large Ankheg that had trapped his companion.

Minor: Reload
Standard: Shoot at the Ankheg, +14 vs. AC, if hit 1 damage...  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:47 am
((I forget... I'm grabbed, but does that mean I can't Fey Step and get my little butt away from the ankheg?))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:10 pm
[[Being grabbed makes you immobilised, which doesn't effect teleport. wink ]]  

joe-dude667

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:24 pm
Kreil was agonized by the insect's attack. As it started to carry him away, he twisted in its grip, slipping into the Feywild momentarily and reappearing several feet away from the damn thing.

He took a moment to catch his breath, then with a surge of motion, he shot a blast of that odd-looking radiant energy from the engraving on the blade of his sword.

((Move Action: Teleporting to (21, 13).))
((Minor Action: none))
((Standard Action: Second Wind))
((Action Point: Radiant Vengeance; 17 vs. Reflex; 6 Radiant damage; if I hit, I get 4 temporary HP))
((Poison: saved!))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:40 am
Map.

Round 2.
Initiative:
1. Ankheg: 34 damage, action point expended, grabbing Kreil.
2. Kardenn: 17 damage. Bloodied.
3. Kreil: 13 damage, 4 temp HP, +2 Defences. Bloodied.
4. Bebeh Ankhegs:
5. Sovelian: 6 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both), +2 to all defences. Initiative
6. Vince: 23 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both).
7. Rorrick: +2 Defences.
8: Worm things: 15' in the air.

Being a tad far away, Kardenn decided to keep going with the pistol tactics. Unfortunately his second shot was about as effective as the first...

Kreil on the other hand wasn't a fan of all this piggybacking action, so decided to take a short trip to the fey world. The cave was just as dank there. Noticing the blood running down his side, he decided to take a moment to himself, before firing a mighty blast at the beast.

Meanwhile, back in the tunnel, the teeny bugs decided to make a reappearance. Bursting out the walls to get their mouths around some tasty adventurer snacks!

Kardenn managed to push away one quite easily, Sovelian on the other hand felt slightly overwhelmed with two trying to get him at the same time. He managed to keep away from one set of teeth, but fell right into a new set!

Vince easily defended himself against the one attacking him, but was apparently surprised to find another partially poking through the wall. With the poison in his system, Vince was looking pretty dizzy. You should get a glass of water dude! Before you pa...

Sovelian! Rorrick! Vince! You're up! mrgreen All three of you can post your actions now (so you don't have to wait for the guy before you).

[[Side notes:
Just noticed that the map has two sides of numbers for some reason... Now fixed.

Kreil is further than 10 squares away from Rorrick so unfortunately he doesn't gain the extra HP for use of action point. =(

The tunnels made by the ikle bugs are big enough for medium creatures to fit through, but will count as squeezing.

The Bug next to Vince still in the wall has only just poked it's head through, giving superior cover (-5 to AR) both ways.

@ Rorrick (for if you post before iDragow): Unless Sovelian has some form of healing power or blows his turn to grant Vince a healing surge/throwing save, Vince'll start his turn unconscious due to ongoing damage.
]]  

joe-dude667

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:06 am
[Holds turn until after Rorrick goes]

((I dun wanna die... crying ))  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Surprised by the creatures and still suffering from the poison, Sovelian grimaced, "Foolish larvae, your parents should have taught you better! Now feel the wrath of a real Wizard!" He carefully stepped back be between Vince and Kardenn, forming a red orb in his hand as he did and tossed it at one of the ankhegs. The orb exploded on impact, quickly expanded to catch two of its siblings as well, stopping just in front of Kardenn and himself.

((Move Action: Shift diagonal to L8 ))
((Attack: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation. 1st gets a 7, 2nd gets a 9, third gets an 8.))
((Damage: 8 ))
((Special Effect of Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation: The burst creates a zone of licking flames that lasts until the end of your next turn. Each enemy that enters the zone or starts its turn there takes 2 fire damage. SO unless I'm mistaken, if these guys are minions they're burnt toast anyway.))
((Save against poison: Failed.))

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200

lk333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:22 pm
Seeing vince succumb to the poison in his veins and collapse, Rorrick rushed over to the fighters side. Rorrick tried to inspire vince to keep fighting by saying "Fighter dont give up how can you let these insects best you stand tall we will win this day yet." Noteing the fighter come too Rorick attempted to use his training in the healing ot tend to the fighters wounds to help him find more vitality to fight.

Move Action: Move East 1 North East 2 putting me north of vince.
Minor Action: Inspireing word Vince can spend a healing surge adn gain back an additional 7 hp.
Standard Action: Use a heal check to allow vince to spend his second wind now instead of on his turn (check result 23)

(and I am out of healing except heal checks to let you guys use your second winds...man we may die...if we do im makeing a cleric instead.)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:06 pm
((Uhhh Rorrick buddy you gotta move elsewhere, you're standing on me if you move there))  

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200

lk333

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:37 am
(crud didnt see that sweatdrop okay changed my movement phase)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:18 am
((Wow, uber heal. Thanks lk! =^_^=

According to my figures, I should have 2 surges left, 21 HP, and a +2 to all defenses. Correct me if I'm wrong.))

Having Rorrick there to encourage him put Vince's heart back into the fight. His eyes blazing pure fire, he noticed two very small targets standing within arm's reach...

Spinning like a top, a very familiar sight if anyone had been paying attention to his technique from the last fight, Vince dropped down to one knee, while his right leg lashed out. He swept the ground with his foot, attempting to smash it not one of the near-by threats, but both.

Feeling his foot connect with nothing but air, the fighter decided to try to will the poison through his body. Maybe if he could get the muscle-seizing venom out of his body, he would have a better shot at actually hitting something...

Quote:
Standard Action: Dual Strike on Li'l Ankhegs to the NE and SE.
Attack
1: 9
2: N/A
Damage
1: N/A
2: N/A
Saving Throw? Yes

iDragow

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:43 pm
Map

Round 3.
Initiative:
1. Ankheg: 34 damage, action point expended.
2. Kardenn: 17 damage. Bloodied. Initiative
3. Kreil: 13 damage, 4 temp HP, +2 Defences. Bloodied.
4. Bebeh Ankhegs:
5. Sovelian: 11 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both). Bloodied.
6. Rorrick:
7. Vince: 9 damage, +2 Defences.
8: Worm things: 15' in the air.

Looked like things were getting serious. The wizard, who felt the poison running through his boiling blood, didn't seem to be a big fan of this form of up close and personal fighting. Instead he took a step back and performed... wait what the hell did he just do? The bugs where surrounded in fire, yet it seemed not to hit any of them! =/ Guess those goggles were a one time thing? Time will tell.

Rorrick, being the nice guy he is, decided to get his a** over to his buddy and give him a little boost. The uber-heal made Vince feel fantastic! So good his concentration must have slipped as his fists hit nothing but air.

Just then something strange happened. The flying worm things, that had been hovering slowly and calmly, sped through the air at the bugs! Two landed onto of the bugs Vince was fighting, seeming to absorb the Broodling's like a drop of blood in a glass of water. The insects seemed to struggle inside the strange beings, their details becoming obscured by the ghostly worms for a second before laying still. Dead still. The third floated past Vince to hover idly over the wizard. It was almost like it was watching the fire with a mild curiosity.

Elsewhere, the big Ankheg, unaware of its childrens fate, went again for a taste of Eladrin. Though thanks to the Avenger's defence stance previous turn, was able to fend of the beast.

Kardenn! Kreil! You're up! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:39 am
Kreil really wanted this battle to end. That irritating Ankheg seemed to really want to kill him, and he had no intention of dying. Go figure. So he tried to slash the damned thing, his eyes full of murderous intent.

((Move Action: can't see the map, but I'd assume I'm adjacent to the thing; if not, I move to be adjacent to it))
((Minor Action: none))
((Standard Action: Bond of Pursuit; 16 vs. AC; 8 damage if hit))  

WingedDemonVM

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:00 pm
"By Clangeddins Hammer and Beard! What did they do the little bugs?!" Kardenn was apparently confused and worried by the worm things. Realising then that he was not doing so good, Kardenn gave him self a quick dwarven respite, before holstering his pistol, "I think all the wine has ruined my aim a tad..." Kardenn then put away his pistol, which wasn't working, and drew his hammer...which would work. He then prepared himself for being attacked by Ankhegs, or the worm things, whatever. Although he didn't like it, he was in this cave, and he intended to get out alive.

Quote:
Minor: Second Wind, +8 hp and +2 to defenses. (I am a Dwarf after all)
Minor: Holster Pistol.
Minor: Draw Warhammer.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas