Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Islamic Guild

Back to Guilds

A drama-free guild devoted to Islamic disscussion. 

Tags: Islam, drama-free, discussion, Muslim, Religion 

Reply Chatterbox/charity
Top 10 Stupidest questions you've been asked Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:03 am
I dont 'look' very Muslim and i've not been one very long (only 1 year) And i'm sure I can get some more later :3
So far here are my top 5 biggrin

5) Are you married to a Middle Eastern man that forces you to wear that? (No, my husband is British and also...Caucasian.)
4) Is there a terrorist cell near here? (I have no idea, probably not.)
3) Can white people BE Muslims? (Why yes, yes we can)
2) Arent you hot with all those clothes on in the summer? (Why yes, yes I am)
1) Do you have hair under that scarf? (Why yes, yes I do)

Muslims to share your top 10 stupidest questions ^^
And for Non-Muslims, fess up, have you ever asked a stupid question?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:13 am
Call Me Apple Juice
I dont 'look' very Muslim and i've not been one very long (only 1 year) And i'm sure I can get some more later :3

5) Are you married to a Middle Eastern man that forces you to wear that? (No, my husband is British and also...Caucasian.)

rofl at the why yes, yes responses...

Lessee:
I already mentioned where if I decline meat I get asked if I am Muslim. XD (I always wanna say, hey I might be Hindu!) XD

I have prayed before a meal and been asked if I was praying...lol

I bought a Bleach manga one time and a dude that worked there asked me if I liked Bleach... rofl Bleach fans are few and far between in these here parts... rofl  

000SirCrocodile000

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:28 am
000SirCrocodile000

Lessee:
I already mentioned where if I decline meat I get asked if I am Muslim. XD (I always wanna say, hey I might be Hindu!) XD

I bought a Bleach manga one time and a dude that worked there asked me if I liked Bleach... rofl Bleach fans are few and far between in these here parts... rofl

Haha, thanks, i'm afraid i'm terribly sarcastic at times xD
People love to ask quite obvious questions in all positions, and I dont know what bleach is (i dont like anime or manga)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:57 am
Call Me Apple Juice
000SirCrocodile000

Lessee:

Haha, thanks, i'm afraid i'm terribly sarcastic at times xD
People love to ask quite obvious questions in all positions, and I dont know what bleach is (i dont like anime or manga)

It's a manga and anime..and no worries about liking it...we all have our tastes ya? biggrin I am rather picky at manga/anime anyway..XD  

000MrZero000

Arisu-Rin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:39 am
1. You can't wear shorts...or anything like that?
That one annoys me.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:33 pm
My personal favorite stupid question: "Wait a sec, you're going Muslim?" rofl I can only imagine the questions I'll get once I'm in hijab.  

RubyLight

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:37 pm
RubyLight
My personal favorite stupid question: "Wait a sec, you're going Muslim?" rofl I can only imagine the questions I'll get once I'm in hijab.

My friends were quite surprised, needless to say they didnt have much faith in me staying this way. All i could think was "Gee thanks guys" sad  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:58 pm
Call Me Apple Juice
RubyLight

My friends were quite surprised, needless to say they didnt have much faith in me staying this way. All i could think was "Gee thanks guys" sad

I've gone through so many changes as I grow...it's like the idea that you should surround yourself with positive people, people that will help you and create a good environment..which I've learned to do through life..and sometimes it doesn't work out and you end up parting ways with a friend or two because you have different ideas and desires out of life.

Same with family; just because I was born into this group of people doesn't mean that we became best friends and thought the same... smile  

000SirCrocodile000

nuttykoko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:54 am
1. You aren't allowed to swim? (of course i'm allowed)
2. You're Muslim? (me sitting there in a hijab)
3. Are you from Muslim?
4. Are you an Islam?
5. after i told someone why i can't show my hair and to whom i can't show it to (by the way I am talking to a guy in class when we are supposed to be studying a disected pig for our test) he said: I want to see your hair. Can you show it to me? It's not like I want to marry you... me: no. him: will I ever get to see your hair... me: no. ............... Even after I spent my pig study time to explain.
6. So usually I wear a jacket to school and wear the whole day until its obviously spring and its all warm. On warm days i take off my jacket in the middle of the day and my friends all "Wow your wearing a shirt!!!" (inside my head: some friend I got here who thinks I wouldn't wear a shirt)
And the questions about being hot and having hair  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 am
Juuri Kuran-952
1. You can't wear shorts...or anything like that?
That one annoys me.

Me too.  

nuttykoko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

Monoh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:04 am
Call Me Apple Juice

Haha I got # 5 (I am single btw) , 3 (but it was black instead of white xp ) xd and 2 and 1 actually o.O all apart from 4 which sounds really funny!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:13 am
000SirCrocodile000

Lessee:

I love Bleach! heart I been to Forbidden Planet shop twice when I was in London recently and I got more weird stares then the guys/girls with the full face piercings/tattoos and rainbow hair even they were staring at me like it is forbidden for a Muslim Girl to read manga eek confused

But it was funny how some people would duck left and right when I got close to them like I was about to explode or something sweatdrop especially when I went to Kendal (lake district) in north of England they were staring at us (me and my mom and cousin) like we were circus monkeys or something eek  

Monoh

Monoh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:44 am
Opps forgot to post my questions ^^;;

1-Do you live in a tent in the middle of the desert?? (I did! But I had to move since I didn't have a place to plug my laptop and my DSL sucked!!)

2-Do you like, go to school in dune buggies?? (nope camels, dune buggies are for collage students!)

3-Do you have any buildings or real estate developments? (Uhm, apart from the Palm Islands and biggest indoor ski slope and huge malls and the soon to be longest tower in the world? rolleyes )

4-Do you have any famous clothes shops? (I was wearing a suite from Mango and a scarf from Accessories and my Aigner watch when I was asked that!!)

5-Do you eat any meat? (I was holding a tune sandwich -_-)

6-Do you wear cloths underneath the abayah? (Yes, otherwise I would give one hell of a peep show when the wind blows!!)

7-Do you believe in Jesus ? (uhm yes, he is one of the holy prophets stare )

8-Can you have non-Muslim names? (After I said that my name is Mona which is pretty international as far as I know -_-;; )

9-Can you swim in the ocean? (Yes, and we have ladies clubs/days for that sort of thing neutral ) I was wondering if she was going to ask next if we melt

10-Do you have raisins? (....what...the.....?..... eek ) I almost burst into laughter in her face

(and a few more XD)

11-Does it rain in your country?
12-Did you ever see hail stones?
13-Do you marry family only?
14-Do you drink/have a boyfriend? stare

And many more I forgot xp

Oh most of these questions I got asked when I am on holiday abroad or by tourists lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:54 pm
Some interesting comments/questions:

1- Can you teach me how to dress up as a Muslim for Halloween?
2- Do you hang out with Americans? (I am an American)
3- Do they let you get on planes?
4- Are you Islamabad? You look Islamabad. (The capital of Pakistan is me 3nodding .)
5- Do the other Arabs look at you like that because you don't wear the head scarf? (this question might have made a bit of sense, only at the time I was sitting in a Lebanese cafe wearing makeup for my part in Seussical.)
6- Why isn't your name like... Ankh...manun...whatever? (I think they were thinking of that woman from 'The Mummy')
7- Do you know what [whisper]sex[/whisper] is?
8- Oh, yeah, I guess you do look pretty suspicious (after telling someone I couldn't get on base [the navy base by my house]...the real reason is obviously because I'm not a Navy brat)
9- They expect you to detect the hummous because you look so ethnic (LOL)
10- Wow, you're so funny. When I first saw you, I thought you were really quiet and serious. Actually, I thought you were plotting to kill me. (...lol?)  

Majnooni

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:11 pm
Majnooni
Some interesting comments/questions:

1- Can you teach me how to dress up as a Muslim for Halloween?
2- Do you hang out with Americans? (I am an American)
3- Do they let you get on planes?
4- Are you Islamabad? You look Islamabad. (The capital of Pakistan is me 3nodding .)
5- Do the other Arabs look at you like that because you don't wear the head scarf? (this question might have made a bit of sense, only at the time I was sitting in a Lebanese cafe wearing makeup for my part in Seussical.)
6- Why isn't your name like... Ankh...manun...whatever? (I think they were thinking of that woman from 'The Mummy')
7- Do you know what [whisper]sex[/whisper] is?
8- Oh, yeah, I guess you do look pretty suspicious (after telling someone I couldn't get on base [the navy base by my house]...the real reason is obviously because I'm not a Navy brat)
9- They expect you to detect the hummous because you look so ethnic (LOL)
10- Wow, you're so funny. When I first saw you, I thought you were really quiet and serious. Actually, I thought you were plotting to kill me. (...lol?)

The bolded things made me rofl
Dude sometimes people should just NOT talk.  
Chatterbox/charity

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff