Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Ragnok OOC Forum Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you like the roleplay so far?
  Love it!
  Pretty Good
  So-so
  Could be better
  Don't like it
  I LIKE GOLD!!!
View Results

Derpzilla88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:35 pm
Welcome to the OOC Thread
Upon reaching page 100 of the roleplay, it has been decided that an OOC forum would be a nice addition to the roleplay. Thanks to everyone still involved in the roleplay and still being interested in the plot. I have big plans for the roleplay in the future if it survives long enough.
So here's my small gift to all of you: the OOC thread. Talk, share pictures, share videos, show off artwork, ect. You're free to do almost whatever you want here.

Roleplay Link: Ragnok: The Two Kingdoms  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 pm
Active Users and Their Characters
I put this here, because I feel like it. I'm sure there's a logical reason somewhere as to why, but I'll think of it later.

KMart88: Vasuki, Ronderu, Caedus, Umbra.

Sassy Stormy Sky: Lilly

Kashigan: Ken, Alec

Mikilala1the1Third: Kaila, Elder Greenmaw (and other various dragons)

Aenwyrm: Kiya

Zaine93: Zaine, Zeril

king of the apocalypse: Samael, Itami  

Derpzilla88

Derpzilla88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 pm
Story So Far
((Rough Draft))
In the land of Ragnok, there have been two kingdoms for as long as anyone can remember. Camasin and Zabra. Within the last month, both kingdoms saw the crowning of their newest kings. In Camasin, King Vasuki, a serpent anthro, took the throne and tried to work his way up to being a good leader. In Zabra, King Caedus, an elf, took the throne and immediatly took as much control over his land as he could.
However, rumors of Zabra gathering some sort of offensive force began to worry Vasuki, so he snuck out of his castle with his trusted Black Mage, Lilly, and the Ken, the mercenary, to a local tavern. There, he discussed with Ken about going to Zabra and bringing back any information about Zabra possibly planning to attack Camasin. Ken agreed and planned to leave the next morning for the three day trip to Zabra.
That night, Vasuki held a ball for all nobles and others in his kingdom to come. Several other adventures managed to get in as well. One who was allowed in was Kaila, the bajir dragon. Another, Samael, was caught sneaking into the castle and was to recieve punishment, but events turned to worse when the ball was interrupted by an attack. Several creatures broke into the ballroom and tried to assasinate King Vasuki, but were stopped by Ken, Lilly, Kaila, and Samael.
Afterwords, Vasuki revealed that the creatures that had attacked him and the others were called Sephi. They were creatures that originally inhabited Ragnok, but due to their viciousness and violent ways, were sealed away by the first king of Ragnok. The kingdom was then split up between two kings so that the incantation that would release the Sephi would remained split between them
Now Ken had a new mission. Along with seeing if Zabra was putting together an attacking force in secret, clues from the attack led to a possible alliance between Zabra and the Sephi. Vasuki needed proof if they were working together before doing anything else though. So Ken left with Kaila to Zabra.
On the second night of travelling to Zabra, Ken and Kaila were attacked by a dragoon, a rare kind of Sephi that took dragon form. During the fight, an unexpected ally appeared. Kiya, the half dragon, appeared from the woods and helped kill off the dragoon. Kiya then offered her help to Ken and his mission, but had really been sent by King Caedus to spy on what Vasuki had sent Ken to do.
Back at Camasin, Vasuki sent Samael to go deliver a message to King Caedus. He wanted both kings to meet and discuss the issue about the Sephi returning. Samael was also told that after he had delivered the message, he was to find Ken and Kaila and join them in their mission. Samael delivered the message, which Caedus agreed to, and then went in search of where he was told to find Ken and Kaila.
When Ken, Kaila, and Kiya had reached Zabra's capital town, they were met by Ronderu, an old friend of Vasuki. She lead them to her home and said that they could stay at her place until their missioin was finished. She also informed them of King Caedus's new advisor, Umbra, a shadowy figure that appeared almost out of nowhere only a few weeks ago. It was then decided that Ken and the others would infiltrate Caedus's castle and find any clues and/or proof for their mission while the king was away.
Back at Camasin, Vasuki met with Zaine, a former general for Zabra that had decided to leave his duty their and try a better place instead. He infomred Vasuki that strange things were going on in Zabra and that his brother, Zeril, was still working for Caedus. Vasuki allowed Zaine to become the new captain of the guard at his castle and to accompany him and Lilly to their meeting with King Caedus the next day.
The next day, two events were taking place. Vasuki left with Lilly and Zaine to meet Caedus, who had left his castle with Umbra and Zeril to meet Vasuki. Ken and the others got up as soon as Caedus left to infiltrate the castle and look for clues. Ronderu however, stayed behind. When inside the castle, the group was ambushed by an enormous spider, Umbra's pet, in the castle's dead garden. After a brief battle, which alerted the guards to their pressence, they killed off the creature and hurried to the higer levels of the castle where Caedus's and Umbra's rooms were.
While that was all going on, Vasuki met with Caedus at an ancient temple meant for the two leaders of the kingdoms meeting. There, Vasuki questioned Caedus about the Sephi and a new problem. Zabra was also moving into dragon territory. Caedus managed to avoid answering the questions completly, with the help of Umbra, but an agreement was made. Both kings would have their top mages work on finding a way to seal up whatever the Sephi used to escape. When Vasuki left with his group, they were attacked by a small group of Sephi outside the temple. Easily fending off the attack, they checked Zabra's side of the temple and saw that they had been attacked as well. But Caedus, Umbra, and Zeril were nowhere to be seen. Assuming that they had escaped and gone back to their castle, Vasuki, Lilly, and Zaine did the same.
At Caedus's castle, Ken and Kaila were searching through rooms for any clues they could find. Kaila managed to find a paper that said that the attack on the ball had been planned. Zabra was working with the Sephi. However, when entering Umbra's room, she caught his scent and discovered that he was a Sephi as well. With their mission finished, the group tried to leave, but were cut off by the return of Zeril and Umbra. Umbra and Caedus had known that the intruders were going to be here thanks to Kiya's spying. However, Kiya had left earlier because of a mental message from Umbra telling her to kill Ken and the others. Deciding to make amends for what she had done to the group, she went to her home, put on her battle armor, and came to their rescue. First, she went to Ronderu's house, which had been broken into by Caedus's guard. Ronderu was to be arrested for treason. Kiya rescued Ronderu and brought her back to her home before going back to the castle and helping Ken, Kiya, and Samael fight off Zeril, Umbra, and two new enemies. Itami, a hired assasin who has a strange hate for Samael, and Alec, a former mercenary that worked in a group with Ken but was now hired to kill him.
Ken and the others managed to escape to Kiya's hidden home, where she revealed that she had been spying for Caedus the whole time. The group forgave her however, deciding that what had been done in the past didn't matter now. Kiya showed them a secret passage that would lead them out of Zabra and closer to Camasin.
Two days later, at Camasin, Vasuki met with other Bajir dragons to discuss an alliance against Zabra should it invade more dragon tarritory or start a war with the dragons. Vasuki hesitantly agreed, and the deal was struck. It was also at this time, that Ken's group returned from Zabra and brought the news of their findings back to Vasuki. However, they had been followed by two dragoons which tried to kill them before they could tell Vasuki anything. But the dragons at the castle of Camasin stepped in and fought off the vicious Sephi.

((Wow. That was a lot to type. Updated to where we are currently. More will be added as we move the story along.))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:32 pm
Announcements
((These are the same announcements that can be found on the first page of the roleplay.))
1/30/09- Roleplay opened.

1/31/09- Opening Post.

2/4/09- I have decided to take the spot of King of Zabra as well to keep the story going where I want it to and to give anyone from Zabra a place to start.

4/1/09- I will be gone from April 3-7 and April 16-20. I'll remind everyone before I leave in a post.

4/10/09- Member purge is beginning. See page 40 for details.

6/9/09- At the time of this announcement, there have been only about six active members in this roleplay. Because I (and possibly others) are getting sick of waiting to see if these people are going to come back, I have decided to go through with what I'm calling the Member Nuke (it sounded cooler than a purge). Anyone who has a profile on the front page that doesn't post by the end of this week, will be kicked out of the roleplay. No if's, ands, or buts. There may be some acceptions, but that is up to me. After the Nuke, this roleplay will be closed. Where we are in the story is making it hard to introduce new characters. Especially if those new characters appear, and then never post again. The roleplay may open up again later, but we can probably continue without any new people. So if you have a profile, post. If you plan on joining, this is your last week to do so.

6/15/09- The roleplay is now closed to new members and all those who haven't posted or have notgiven me notification that they wish to continue, have been removed from this thread. However, I may re-open this roleplay to new members later, but I'm not sure yet.

7/11/09- I'll be gone from Monday, 7/13, to Sunday, 7/18.

7/12/09- Due to the amount of characters, and the limited number of post colors, follow this link to find colors that aren't already in use, if you want. Color Codes  

Derpzilla88

Derpzilla88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:42 pm
Reserved
For anything else I might need here.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:50 pm
FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahah lol  

Zaine93

7,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:58 pm
First is worst!
Second is best!

and we all know what Third is...<.<  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 pm
Cake  

Zaine93

7,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Derpzilla88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:56 pm
And fourth is...fourth?
I don't know. But feel free to post whatever you want here. You know, as long as it stays appropriate. But I don't think that'll be a problem.
Now we'll find out if this thread sinks or floats.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:57 pm
I say it's sinking, but that's my point of view, lol  

Kashigan

Omnipresent Loiterer

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:16 pm
It's sinking? well throw it a floaty device and let's see what happens!

By the way..

The nostalgia of a classic movie, or the heart pounding action of the remake?

And shouldn't the remake have similar characters, not radically different personalities that make the whole thing seem off?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm
well yeah remakes, should keep things close to the original line, but they can have bits of changes as long as it doesn't completely change, as you said  

Kashigan

Omnipresent Loiterer

Zaine93

7,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:26 am
Any Avatar fans here?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:40 am
The classic movies are the ones you remember most about. Remakes can put in the same stuff, but it won't give the same feel. But the action added in the remakes is always fun to watch. But I think classics will always top remakes.

I've seen Avatar, but never really became a fan of it. It was a good show though.  

Derpzilla88

Zaine93

7,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:43 am
I loved the show XD

Behold my art fail!!!!!!!!!! User Image  
U/C

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items