Reply Death Note Cosplay
BB Cosplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vanchaswolfcub

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:44 am
So I'm wondering for a BB cosplay, would you have to have red contect's? I mean I 've seen a lot of pictures where he's had red eyes compaired to L.
Red Eye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:32 pm
eh, well people would mistake you for L (MAYBE) if you didn't have the red eyes. but Beyond Birthday also wears un black shirt and his hair is in reverse style of L's, sooo they probably won't mistake you.^^  

haunted milkshake

vanchaswolfcub

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 pm
but if I wear the black shirt and do the hair right, would I still have to wear the contects? (I don't have money to get them, thats way)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 am
Well mostly I think there giving him red eyes because he has the shigigamie eyes. It's also maybe to differ him from L. But I am also going to cosplay as BB biggrin  

Dark Triforce

Demonic Strawberry

Special Agent Odd

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:05 am
User Image

ħαş šσмëťħīηģ ŧơ šαŷ . . .

Beyond Birthday does not wear a black shirt, my dears.
i'm sure you two've read the book, "The Los Angeles Beyond Birthday Murder Cases," correct?
then you should know that Beyond Birthday wears a white shirt, just like L does.
what a lot of BB cosplayers do is wear a white shirt and splatter it with fake blood.
then, ma'am, if you wear the red contacts [should you happen to get them] and carry a jar of strawberry jam around with you, people who know who BB is will know who you are.
plus, people will not mistake you for L if you have blood splatters, red eyes, and jam. it's just not L-like. they'll probably ask who you are if they don't know who BB is, but you may then, of course, tell them.
common sense, my dears.
<3

ĻīvëĽαυģħ ¤ Ĺơvē

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:47 pm
hehe peeps make him wear a black shirt so they can tell the difference if they can not see his eyes. xD
it's easier to tell that way. :3  

haunted milkshake

Mattkip

2,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:31 am
Don't wear a black shirt, it'd be inaccurate. And, inaccurate cosplays just suck.
What I'm doing is saving up my money so I can get an eye exam and contacts. Cosplay isn't cheap, just because you've chosen someone who is as simple as L, doesn't mean you've gotten out of that. ^^;  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:38 pm
vanchaswolfcub
but if I wear the black shirt and do the hair right, would I still have to wear the contects? (I don't have money to get them, thats way)

i think the red eyes are real important cuz you know, he has shinigami eyes..  

Ciro Blue

Distinct Genius

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

Eccentric Detective

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:13 pm
DanniiRawrs
User Image

ħαş šσмëťħīηģ ŧơ šαŷ . . .

Beyond Birthday does not wear a black shirt, my dears.
i'm sure you two've read the book, "The Los Angeles Beyond Birthday Murder Cases," correct?
then you should know that Beyond Birthday wears a white shirt, just like L does.
what a lot of BB cosplayers do is wear a white shirt and splatter it with fake blood.
then, ma'am, if you wear the red contacts [should you happen to get them] and carry a jar of strawberry jam around with you, people who know who BB is will know who you are.
plus, people will not mistake you for L if you have blood splatters, red eyes, and jam. it's just not L-like. they'll probably ask who you are if they don't know who BB is, but you may then, of course, tell them.
common sense, my dears.
<3

ĻīvëĽαυģħ ¤ Ĺơvē

I was going to say about the same thing... except-
In the novel, BB has a "plain" shirt. The story is told from Mello's perspective. So what is Mello's idea of plain such that he doesn't even feel the need to tell us what color it is?
Well, Mello wears a lot of black. It could be that BB wears a black shirt, but then when Naomi meets L at the end of the book, she probably would have noticed that the shirt colors were different...

I don't like the whole blood splatter thing, either. It seems out of character to me for BB to be messy with the evidence. After all, he went to so much trouble to wipe every fingerprint from the murder scenes. Why would he let anyone see him in public with bloodstains on his shirt?

And about the eyes... BB doesn't have red eyes, not that anyone can see, necessarily. I think that got started because the anime used red to emphasize or call attention to the fact that someone had the Eyes. As it was said in the anime, however, you can't tell if someone has Shinigami eyes simply by looking at them.
For cosplay purposes, though, it would be fine to wear red contacts for clarification.

If you roleplay BB in a certain way, people will either think you're a really bad L cosplayer or another character completely. You want them to think you're another character, right? Perhaps you could get an L to come with you, so that it would seem a bit weird for two Ls to be in the same group, and people would question that.

Sorry for such a long post, I like to think of myself as an expert on BB. sweatdrop I probably fail on several counts, but whatever. *goes to reread novel for the twentieth time*  
Death Note Cosplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games