Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 1: The Dark City Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:30 pm
Though Hars does regret Pelloth's fall, she considered Dregthuk the greater priority((especially since he has a beatly AC, Grashuk needed all the flank he could get)). However it wouldn't do to let the gnoll clean up their entire back row, what kind of defender was she anyway? Of course Gerash was already dead, so that wasn't a concern, and he could probably stand longer than Hars could at this point.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:32 am
People were dying all around. Cain hoped he got a kill. This b*****d was starting to annoy him.

Quote:
Standard:
Bond of Pursuit vs Skar:
+7 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh, -2?]vsAC=23/13
1d10+6=13 damage and if Skar doesn't end his turn adjacent to me I can shift 4 squares as a free action closer to the target.

Saving throw:
Saved.

[[Just thought I'd remind/inform people that may want to attack Skar that you get +3 instead of +2 for flanking with a Kenku. wink ]]

joe-dude667

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:26 am
Grashuk kicked Dregthuk's body where it lay, and spat upon his face as he died. He then quickly surveyed the land, getting the feel for where all the pieces were.

Making some snap decisions, he turned toward Hars, standing just a few feet infront of him. "Go help Cain. You're wounded worse than I am, and the Impaler already proved that he can be dangerous against a weakened opponent."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:00 pm
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9-10-11-12-13
A 0--0----------------------0--0--0--0---0-----
B 0--0--P-------------------0--0--0--0---0----- 0 = The City Walls
C 0--0------------------Ge-0--0--0--0---0----
D------------------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------------
F--------------------------------------------------
G--------------------------------------------------
H-----------Gr----H-------------S--C--------
I------------------------------------------------
J------------------------------------------------
K------------------------------------------------
L-------------------------------------------------
M-------------------------------------------------

Initiative Order
1. Grashuk: 24hp, sword shedding dim light Initiative
2. Hars: 16hp, marking Dregthuk, bloodied
3. Pelloth: -7hp, +2 to defenses, DYING
4. Skar: 91 damage, oathed by Cain, action point expended, bloodied
5. Gerash: 20hp
6. Dregthuk: 125 damage, marked by Hars, cursed by Pelloth, action point expended, bloodied
7. Cain: 20hp, Oath'ing Skar and is bloodied
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 101 damage, action point expended but has a 2nd one, bloodied

As Dregthuks face was spat upon and fell to the ground, Gerash calmly harvested part of the hobgoblins life energy and tucked it away in his magic stores, ready to be used.

As his face peeled more, the Kenku felt blood dripping off his cheeks. Cain kept things short and simple...a bit like him. He once more carved Skars flesh up, and dared him to move away. He then managed to shrug off the Gnolls curse.

Grashuk filled his role as leader and once again issued some sound orders to his men...or in this case, teenage girl.

Not even noticing his leader die, so worked up in a rage that he was, Karz the Impaler just runs hungrily toward the dead flesh he can see. Mouth open and screaming a deep guttural scream, he begins clawing manically at Gerash. The wizard is either a much better dodger or just luckier than his dark skinned ally, but Karz completely fails to connect! ((ACTION POINT!)) Karz is driven by mad rage and bites and kicks out. This time he gets one good bite in and tastes the cold flesh of Gerashs arm for 15 damage. As the gnoll pulls away from Gerash though, he looks into the wizards eyes, and the fury seems to subside. The adrenaline in his system has finally run out. He takes a deep breath, still looking dazedly at Gerash, before falling to the ground, dead.

During his fight with Cain, Skar looks around quickly. All his allies are dead, including his leader. Shaking his head, he drops his Khopesh on the floor, slowly raises his hands in grudging defeat and says, "I will not fight anymore, there is no point. Do what you will with me."

Fight over! Although, act in initiative order until Pelloth is up as you need to stabilize him or something. Also if anyone wants to talk to Skar I suggest they hurry as no doubt Cain will kill him with no delay ^^ ((EXP. to come soon))  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:14 pm
NayrVentess
Fight over! Although, act in initiative order until Pelloth is up as you need to stabilize him or something. Also if anyone wants to talk to Skar I suggest they hurry as no doubt Cain will kill him with no delay ^^ ((EXP. to come soon))
((i'm going to wait for the other three, if we're going in initiative order, but i, for one, will totally race him for that privilege.))

As Karz bites Gerash, drawing black ichor from the wound rather than blood, the necromancer raises his orb, ready to bring down all the arcane fury he could muster to down the battle-crazed creature. But then, suddenly, the gnoll just fell over, apparently realizing he'd already died some moments ago. The wizard then turned to the sound of Skar's voice, offering surrender. It was a foolish notion, if they left him alive he may well pick up any of Dregthuk's remaining lackeys and take up the mantle of the fallen hobgoblin. The only reason Gerash even bothered with this fight was to rid himself permanently of any such nuisances.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:41 am
((Everyone gets 500XP! I'm bumping it up to level quicker. So everyone should be on 4250XP now, except for Hars who will be on 4550XP, for the battle with Krusk.))  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:36 am
Hars relaxes once she sees their foes are gone and catches her breath. Idly, she prods Dregthuk's face with her boot. "Grashuk, what do you think he does to little girls? Bleed on them? Oh, Pelloth, drat!" Hars suddenly remembers the drow and hurries over there, unsure of what she should do to aid the drow. Certainly nothing like what she did to aid him last night.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:10 pm
The b*****d! He threw his weapon down! Cain was furious. Why did no one want to fight him?

Screaming at the top of his lungs, Cain jumped onto the Gnolls chest, repeatedly stabbing his sword into it's heart.

"WHY WILL NO ONE PLAY WITH ME!!!" The Kenku screams as tears run down his face.  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:51 pm
joe-dude667
The b*****d! He threw his weapon down! Cain was furious. Why did no one want to fight him?

Screaming at the top of his lungs, Cain jumped onto the Gnolls chest, repeatedly stabbing his sword into it's heart.

"WHY WILL NO ONE PLAY WITH ME!!!" The Kenku screams as tears run down his face.

((Uh, Gerash I think you missed your spot. Joe, since I said Initiative order, Gerash can jump in with an action if Spork so wishes to try and stop Cain.))  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:17 pm
Grashuk chuckled at Hars' joke, but hurried over to the Drow just the same. Although he only had the most basic of healing knowledge, he still attempted to apply pressure to Pelloth's wounds.

"Pelloth, you're going to have to quit bleeing all over my hands, because you're starting to make me hungry," the bugbear would say in his usual monotone voice, looking just as serious as he always did. After all, dark meat is always the juiciest...

Quote:
Heal check: 8

iDragow

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:45 pm
NayrVentess
((Uh, Gerash I think you missed your spot. Joe, since I said Initiative order, Gerash can jump in with an action if Spork so wishes to try and stop Cain.))
((SIGH. directed at joe. no, i'll let cain finish him if he's that broken up about it. and make a 17 heal check to stabilize pelloth, he can heal himself on a short rest.))

As Cain shrieks his fury, Gerash decides there's no reason to be concerned about Skar's continued existence. Instead he walks over to the mauled drow. Pushing aside Grashuk's amateur attempts at first-aid, the necromancer lets a few drops of the necrotic ichor he's still bleeding fall into Pelloth's wounds. "Get up, weakling," he demands of the body, "You're not dead yet and you're of no use hanging between."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:12 pm
((Well done Gerash! Heal master razz ))

Hars began her post battle examination of her enemy, before remembering that a very special ally was in trouble. She hurried over to Pelloth, but stood above him, not knowing what to do. She hoped someone else did.

She was happy when Grashuk trotted over, but his attempt basically involve hitting the bleeding and beaten drow on the chest. As Gerash calmly walks over, the three of you hear Cain scream as he nimbly jumps onto Skars chest, forcing him to the ground. Gerash uses his blood as some impromptu potion, and it seems to work! Pelloth seems to regain some sort of stabilty and his wounds slowly stop flowing. Give him a few minutes and he'll be fine!

As Skar fell to the ground, more and more holes being punctured in his chest by the crazed bird, he speaks between coughs of blood. "Look at Karz...Kenku...he let...his inSANity get the...better of...him. It's not a...good route...to GO...down." And as he breathes his last breath and his head falls to the blood soaked ground, Cain slowly stands up, wiping tears from his eyes. As he looks around, he sees Daelos the Bloodstone Stalker standing behind his shoulder. His face is contorted in a sneer, and he walks off toward the others, glancing at the demolished gnoll as he goes.

When Daelos gets to the rest of the party, still gathered round the unconcious drow, he says, "This wasn't what I had planned...is he going to be alright? And someone needs to keep a leash on that maniac over there." He says jerking a thumb over his shoulder to where Cain is standing.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:30 pm
It was lucky that Gerash was able to stabilize the Drow, because before the ichor flowed into his wounds, his condition did seem to worsen slightly.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:04 pm
"He'll survive," Gerash comments to the Daelos, almost sounding agitated at his own ally's continued existence. "As for the kenku," the necromancer spares Cain's carnage a glance before looking the Stalker in the eye and giving him a malevolent grin, "Just don't piss him off." Gerash walks back toward the wall inside the gate and crouches down, attempting to will the black liquid flowing down his arm to coagulate, "We can get on with your errand once he comes around."

((I'm taking a short rest, the rest of you can do whatever you want for the next five minutes. Except Pelloth, he doesn't really have much choice but to lay there for the next five minutes. two surges gets me to full.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:39 pm
Hars returns to an adult changeling form ((two surges up to 36hp)) and wipes her blades off on Dregtuhk's body. She then opens the hobgoblin's armor to the chest and carves the words "LORD DEAD ********" on him.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff