Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Islamic Guild

Back to Guilds

A drama-free guild devoted to Islamic disscussion. 

Tags: Islam, drama-free, discussion, Muslim, Religion 

Reply Chatterbox/charity
Any other vegetarians or vegans? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:32 pm
I was just wondering if I was the only non-meat eater. I dont look down on meat eaters, but the meat industry makes me depressed for various reasons. I prefer for people to eat organic or halal meat. American FDA needs to make all meat 'organic' With no hormones and humane treatment...=(

I was vegan before i reverted, and decided to stay this way after doing so.
Animals love to hear Quran - Kinda juvenile nasheed, but i still love it sweatdrop

Are you veggie?
How long have you been so?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:14 am
heheh im not veggy ..
im totally no tammy fall.
i need more fats ..
why u ask ?  

vampirate tsukinu

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

000SirCrocodile000

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:16 pm
Call Me Apple Juice
I was just wondering if I was the only non-meat eater. I dont look down on meat eaters, but the meat industry makes me depressed for various reasons. I prefer for people to eat organic or halal meat. American FDA needs to make all meat 'organic' With no hormones and humane treatment...=(

I was vegan before i reverted, and decided to stay this way after doing so.
Animals love to hear Quran - Kinda juvenile nasheed, but i still love it sweatdrop

Are you veggie?
How long have you been so?

Actually while I was in college and researching Hinduism, I refrained totally from meat for 9 months or so. It wasn't hard, and I do not eat much meat even now. Occasionally have chicken or turkey mostly..and some fish and seafood. I am not big on red meat and refrain from eating pork at all. I always get asked if I am Muslim when I refuse meat.lol XD

This has been going on for a couple of years...almost 3 now. The less meat I eat, the less I want, but I have low blood sugar so I have to have protein, mostly cheese, eggs, nuts and the like.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:30 pm
000SirCrocodile000

Actually while I was in college and researching Hinduism, I refrained totally from meat for 9 months or so. It wasn't hard, and I do not eat much meat even now. Occasionally have chicken or turkey mostly..and some fish and seafood. I am not big on red meat and refrain from eating pork at all. I always get asked if I am Muslim when I refuse meat.lol XD

This has been going on for a couple of years...almost 3 now. The less meat I eat, the less I want, but I have low blood sugar so I have to have protein, mostly cheese, eggs, nuts and the like.

Thats cool ^^ I'll admit chicken tastes good, but when i see it - I think that a living creature from God had to die to make that. And with how far food technology has come, i view it as selffish (of myself) to eat it.  

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

000SirCrocodile000

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:24 pm
Call Me Apple Juice
000SirCrocodile000

Thats cool ^^ I'll admit chicken tastes good, but when i see it - I think that a living creature from God had to die to make that. And with how far food technology has come, i view it as selffish (of myself) to eat it.

I agree and usually say a thanks for the food, if I had better access to international farmer's market..I'd probably give up meat altogether..nothing better than Chinese squash or the like...one day I'll live closer to places...D:  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:40 am
I'm a vegetarian also, so you're not the only one :3

I like being a vegetarian, it feels good: mentally and physically.. heart

_rainarai_

goat raja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:11 am
I want to be one, but it's too hard. Even though, I barely eat beef or lamb, if at all, mostly just chicken. In the future, would I want to be one? Sure!

But to be honest, I feel like if you're going to stop eating animal meat, but still eat animal products, that's pointless? I dunno, but I feel you either eat animals in general or you don't.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:30 am
waiting dear
I want to be one, but it's too hard. Even though, I barely eat beef or lamb, if at all, mostly just chicken. In the future, would I want to be one? Sure!

But to be honest, I feel like if you're going to stop eating animal meat, but still eat animal products, that's pointless? I dunno, but I feel you either eat animals in general or you don't.

It is also hard due the animal by-products they use that alot of people don't know about.  

1I2 Sledge 1I2

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:48 pm
1I2 Sledge 1I2
waiting dear

It is also hard due the animal by-products they use that alot of people don't know about.

Like how Jello has by products from horse hooves ><  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:48 pm
_rainarai_
I'm a vegetarian also, so you're not the only one :3

I like being a vegetarian, it feels good: mentally and physically.. heart

Thats great :3
It does feel good, but many vegetarians are...super skinny. Sadly, not for me stare  

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

goat raja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:55 am
Call Me Apple Juice
1I2 Sledge 1I2
waiting dear

eek eek eek eek eek  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 pm
waiting dear
Call Me Apple Juice
1I2 Sledge 1I2
waiting dear

eek eek eek eek eek

yeaah..ewww... eek  

_rainarai_

seurot-hell-rider

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:56 am
I'm big on meat! Well, only chicken, actually. xp I don't really like red meat. It's got gelatin in every layer. I usually only eat the breast meat of the chicken and the only part I find taste in. There's always fish if I don't eat chicken that day, so I'm soo not a vegetarian! Vegis I like are quite limited and I have some trouble in digesting many of them like carrots and peas even that I do like them. Other than vegis, I eat one or more of rice, home-made bread, sandwich bread and pasta almost everyday. Fruits would include bananas, apples, plums or pears and occasionally, cherries.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:04 am
Call Me Apple Juice

Don't forget, however, that Allah (swt) has made it lawful for you to eat =)

However, I completely agree with your point on the industry, and I do my best to get all my products organic, to not eat more than I need and to not waste food. We have a responsibility to nature and animals if we take from them for our sustenance.

Regarding the point of being a vegetarian, but still eating animal products and that not making sense. I don't see any issue with eating (organic/free range) eggs, seeing as the chicken was not harmed?
Of course, if you don't eat meat it makes sense you wouldn't eat products containing gelatin and such.  

Nennies

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:36 pm
Nennies
Call Me Apple Juice

Don't forget, however, that Allah (swt) has made it lawful for you to eat =)

However, I completely agree with your point on the industry, and I do my best to get all my products organic, to not eat more than I need and to not waste food. We have a responsibility to nature and animals if we take from them for our sustenance.

Regarding the point of being a vegetarian, but still eating animal products and that not making sense. I don't see any issue with eating (organic/free range) eggs, seeing as the chicken was not harmed?
Of course, if you don't eat meat it makes sense you wouldn't eat products containing gelatin and such.

Yeah, you would be surprised how many people eat jello thinking it vegetarian friendly.

I dont see an issue with free range eggs either, but most people dont want to spend the extra $2 for those types of eggs. I find with the small amount of eggs I eat anyway, egg substitute is just cheaper.

I've not drink cow milk since...well...I never have. When i was little my mother raised me on soy milk, but my sisters & brother on regular milk. When i was little i asked her why I couldnt drink cow milk, she responded, 'Are you a suckling calf? No, thats why we dont drink cow milk'

But most studies find that soy milk is more healthy than cow milk, so i dont have a problem in that area.  
Chatterbox/charity

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff