Welcome to Gaia! ::

House of Rahl: A Sword of Truth Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for fans of the book series, Terry Goodkind, and yes, even the tv series. 

Tags: Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Rahl, Seeker, Role Play 

Reply Azrith Plains
what characters do you feel like you relate to? (spoilers?) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pretty udia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:42 pm
what character in the series do you really feel like you relate to in one way or another?

me-
i'd say jensen (i think that's how you spell it)- she was hiding for most of her life (from darken rahl) but then all of sudden she gets throw into the real world (for fear of darken finding her). her ignorance, really does put her in danger.
going to school all my life and then graduting; getting out in the world finding a job, figureing out what i should do with my life. it's scary, because i don't have much experience in having a job; and aren't really sure what i want to do. i'd say my ignorance of the workplace does make me prone to make a mistake or two (in the interview, or actaully working itself)

so with me trying to get out in the real world, i really feel like i can relate to her- with not knowing what to expect.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:46 pm
Probably Chase. I absolutely love children, I'm good in a fight, fiercely protective and loyal. If I think on it more, I could probably think of a better one, but that's what comes to mind.  

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Irako of the Desert

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:30 pm
I didn't really identify with anyone until the Temple of the Winds book. Then all of a sudden, I was able to really identify with Kahlan. It's only in that book I really get how she feels and all that. People tell me I'd be her spitting image if my eyes were green, so I feel like I should be able to understand her a little more, but I don't... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:10 pm
Irako of the Desert
I didn't really identify with anyone until the Temple of the Winds book. Then all of a sudden, I was able to really identify with Kahlan. It's only in that book I really get how she feels and all that. People tell me I'd be her spitting image if my eyes were green, so I feel like I should be able to understand her a little more, but I don't... sweatdrop

my eyes are green! but i'm short and i don't feel i have her body type(curvy! BUT in all the right places! blaugh ) heh so i wouldn't say i'd look alike to her... sad  

pretty udia

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:37 pm
Kahlan because I'm a mother and I feel for her lose of a child...
Chase because we both like children...
Berdine because I'm energetic in such an innocent way...
Cara cause I like being a pain in the a$$...
Abd finally Richard because of our strong opinions on right and wrong...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:03 pm
pretty udia
Irako of the Desert

my eyes are green! but i'm short and i don't feel i have her body type(curvy! BUT in all the right places! blaugh ) heh so i wouldn't say i'd look alike to her... sad

Yeah, I've got the long brown hair and the height (I think). My boyfriend keeps saying I'm his Kahlan, but I think he's just being a suck-up... xd heart That's why I love him! whee  

Irako of the Desert

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100

First Wizard Zorander
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:44 pm
Honestly, i felt like i identified the most with Richard, of all the characters. Not because of how he looks, but how he thinks. Right from th first book to the last, i always felt like i was asking the same question or coming to the same answers that he was, right before he did it. I felt like we always questioned the the same thing in the same way, or that i always felt the same pain, or joy, or humor that he did.

And one thing that really made me identify with him, was his situation. Typically, i never look at myself as that much, or put myself above anyone else, or try to be a leader -- but yet, somehow I always get thrown into the leader position, and people always turn to me when they need help or answers or suggestions. Suddenly, before I knew it, I was the leader of the pack, and I had no idea how i got there, or that I ever had any intention of getting there.

I'm a simple guy, Richard was a simple Woods Guide. Neither of us thought of ourselves as anything more, just simple people. Next thing you know, we're running the show. All eyes are on us, and apparently only we have the answers that people seek. I've never in a position that could compare to the Leader of an entire land and the Lord Rahl that everyone looks up to, but I've been there on a minor scale many times.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:27 am
I relate most to with Cara because I am vicious in a fight and I'm so pervy xD But my brother said look most like Kahlan because i have long wavy brown hair and bright green eyes but sometimes they turn brown which sucks.
But he agrees with me on the one I am most like in personality.  

ArtemisiaAbsynthe

O.G. Guildswoman

10,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500

Tekada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:55 pm
I relate to the birdman...I'm totally chill and I can predict the weather by looking at the clouds!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:35 pm
Tekada
I relate to the birdman...I'm totally chill and I can predict the weather by looking at the clouds!!

Um I think Zedd was the cloud reader (First book) Was anyone else thinking Zedd's got to be the Wizard before Richard even said anything, or is that just me?

I relate most to Richard because, like Zedd said, I often find myself in the leading role and not knowing how I got there! I also now how it feels when the love of your life is attacked . . . and our baby lost . . . I also felt a strong relation to Richard's morals! He hates the sword but at the same time knows that you can't change things with peace talks and flag waving! He even feels a connection with the sword and eventually turns it white, and (SPOILER) his un-violent way of ridding the world of the order at the end of Confessor! (I think, correct me if I'm wrong with the name biggrin ) And the way he figured out the way the boxes worked, I had a feeling about that all along! Because of the fake Chainfire spell books and the one real one, they all referred to a key and the sword of truth, so I was sitting there going "what-if" when I read the part with him and the boxes of orden!

Sorry I'm long winded sweatdrop  

Walking Dead Italian

why_wait28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:09 pm
StateAlchemist Natsu

Chase because we both like children...
Berdine because I'm energetic in such an innocent way...
Cara cause I like being a pain in the a$$...
And finally Richard because of our strong opinions on right and wrong...

Probably that. And Nathan because sometimes I have a very dry sense of humour. And I'm also liek a grown up child (:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:39 pm
I have always thought I am mostly like Jensen. ((although I only have the tv series to go off of b/c of my stupid father)) We both have long red hair and bright green eyes and I am very soft spoken and shy like her, but man if I need to scrream, I've got a voice. biggrin  

Nea Dragomir

Wealthy Vampire

6,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:41 pm
A couple of you mentioned being thrown into leadership positions and I can relate to that. My very first guild I ever created turned out to be the most popular and active Star Wars guild on gaia, so now I've been promoted to Vice-Captain in 7 other guilds in hopes of helping them become successful as well.

It's just the price of being good at what we do guys. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:03 pm
Lord Raven Rahl
A couple of you mentioned being thrown into leadership positions and I can relate to that. My very first guild I ever created turned out to be the most popular and active Star Wars guild on gaia, so now I've been promoted to Vice-Captain in 7 other guilds in hopes of helping them become successful as well.

It's just the price of being good at what we do guys. wink

i don't know about the other guilds, but i'll say your doing a great job in this one. biggrin thanks again for creating the sword of truth guild! 3nodding  

pretty udia

Mordsith Mistress92

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:03 pm
Id honestly say i relate mostly to Cara.. not just because of my avatar razz but because we have the same way we go about things... im forward, and usually can win at a fight..
I do, however, relate to kahlan on alot of levels also.. i have love and i know how it feels when he is put into tough possitions... i agree with her and richards morals as well  
Azrith Plains

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff