TES-TI-FY~! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

surgexmonkey
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:36 am
First off, reading this thread is 150% optional, although I'd really appreciate it if you all read through and gave it a chance.

Secondly, I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY.
I've barely been on at all recently and you all have no ******** idea how horrible I feel about that! I guess I just don't have the same passion for L I used to, but I still heart you guys so much and I feel awful. I've been trying to get on more recently...

Anyway, on to the actual purpose of this post. I admit it: I'm using my guild to shamelessly promote something entirely unrelated.
But hey, it's my guild. blaugh What can you all do about it?

A couple months ago I became aware of a movie called Repo! The Genetic Opera. It had a fairly low budget and basically no money for advertisement or promotion, and the company was actually trying to bury it. It's a rock opera set in the year 2056, following an epidemic of organ failures. A company called GeneCo, ruled by the Largos, has risen to power, offering payment plans on organ transplants. But if you miss a payment, they send out the Repomen...

Repo! The Genetic Opera stars Alexa Vega, Anthony Stewart Head, Paul Sorvino, Sarah Brightman, Paris Hilton, Bill Mosely, and Ogre. A bit of a warning, it's rated R and rather gory. I would love it so much if you guys would just give this movie a chance, maybe rent it from Blockbuster or buy some merch if you like it. Spread the word - even if you don't like it, tell someone you know that might.

Thanks to anyone who so much as gives it a chance, or looks it up. I'll even provide a link to one of the songs so you don't have to look it up.

Once again, I am soooooo sorry that I haven't been around a whole lot! I love you guys! XOXO  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:41 pm
ahh no way!
i love repo~
its my favorite movie..

jiroutachi

Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150

K021 N1V3K

8,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:13 am
~ Greatest movie EVER! ~

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 am
I don't know if I shoud give it a try. I hate Paris Hilton with a passion. And I don't know if I would be able to watch her, it would ruin the whole thing for me.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Cruxshadow Seraphim

3,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:30 pm
I knew this had something to do with Repo. >.< I love that movie, even Paris Hilton did a damn good job in this movie, although she did play a pampered, prissy, drug/surgery addicted, rich slut...XD So... the role was.. kinda .. fitting.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:38 am
Gothic Muffin of Doom
I don't know if I shoud give it a try. I hate Paris Hilton with a passion. And I don't know if I would be able to watch her, it would ruin the whole thing for me.

Half of the movie she's wearing fake noses and fake chins, you can hardly tell it's her. And she actually did an excellent job in the movie.

Cruxshadow - Yeah really. Wealthy heiress trying to pass herself off as a singer? Did she have to act at all? razz  

surgexmonkey
Captain

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:08 am
Surge Monkey
Gothic Muffin of Doom

Half of the movie she's wearing fake noses and fake chins, you can hardly tell it's her. And she actually did an excellent job in the movie.

Cruxshadow - Yeah really. Wealthy heiress trying to pass herself off as a singer? Did she have to act at all? razz

Well, that sounds different, I wouldn't mind the movie at all since, she's not kind of a perfect person in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:09 am
Surge Monkey
Sarah Brightman, Paris Hilton,

This bothers me. I love Sarah Brightman. sad  

HK123

jiroutachi

Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:53 pm
Well if its any consolation, I fell in love with her after this film.
Her character was really something else..
And I think you should check it out.
She's so talented.
heart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:13 pm
I love this movie. Excellent music. Wish they'd left in a few of their little side plots though.  

Catalog Cats

surgexmonkey
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:48 am
Catalog Cats
I love this movie. Excellent music. Wish they'd left in a few of their little side plots though.

Actually from what I've heard a lot of thel ittle sub-plots were tacked on by the producers, and removed because they felt tacked on. Just throwing that out there.
That said, OMG YES. I want them to release a director's cut sooo bad, because the movie was originally 3 ******** hours long.
3 hours of Repo! glory? Hell yeah. Do want.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:35 pm
/me znuggles Bloody.
Of course I've seen the movie! It's how we met!!!  

Chi Briar-sensei

Lucy the lycan

Dangerous Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 pm
isn't the guy who played Giles in Buffy the vampire slayer in this movie?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:16 pm
vampicwolf
isn't the guy who played Giles in Buffy the vampire slayer in this movie?

Yus he is. That would be Anthony Stewart Head, he plays one of the main characters.

Chi -- <33333 I luzz youuu! <3  

surgexmonkey
Captain

SarcasticIrony

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:43 pm
I LOVE THIS MOVIE! MY FAVORITE MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!!!

And for those that are like "Ew... Paris Hilton..." let me tell you something. Watch it for one reason and one reason only: Her face falls off. Literally. It comes off while she's singing in front of a crowd.

My friend was like "watch it!" and I was just like you guys. But she forced me to watch it and I'm in love. And you barely see Paris anyway! You mostly see Anthony and Alexis!  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff