Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
zOMG! advice needed - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lasalle28

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:38 pm
Okay, even the I have been on this site for less than six to seven days I think that I have been doing really well on zOMG! even though I am not a part of a crew. I was doing well until I got the general gnome mission with the purple mushroom house. Even though the recommended that I join a crew for this, I didn't do this because I thought he would be like the major tragedies and disaters and stuff; also, I thought that I was doing so good that this wouldn't be all that hard. So I make the long trek to take on the general and before I even get there, I get dazed because I get ganged up on by flamingos and lawn gnomes. I try again and I manage to make it to him and I only lasted 20 seconds before my 298 health was depleted to nothing. That was when I realize exactly why I keep losing: I was only a cl 2.0. I tried leveling up but I still get dazed before I even reach him. I would consider joining a crew but I don't know who would take cl 2.0, so I won't try. I think I need some friendly advice from more experienced gaians. Now, setting my pride aside, can someone give some advice for the general?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:09 pm
I haven't made it even close to the general yet, and I am only a 1.4 i think. I'd be more than happy to help you out if I could.  

Ladiwingz

Lionel the Omnipotent

Unbeatable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:50 pm
Words are a waste of time

Throw away that pride and join a crew. Some people will not care what CL you are at. I will admit I have sometimes felt bad about joining a crew and being like three CLs below everyone else but most people just do not mind. Otherwise, you could jump in while a crew is in action and let them serve as a distraction while you sneak in like a ninja and make the kill.
ninja

Destruction is a language everyone understands

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:16 pm
What the person above me said.

Don't worry about wanting to be lone...it works, usually, but some things are better with a crew. Plus you get Ghi faster.

People are usually pretty nice: I've been a 6.1 with everyone else 9.4 or higher plenty of times, and people didn't treat me any different^^. All help is good help. Just don't completely take over and be mean and expect everyone to do exactly as you say. It's not the military^^.

If you don't want to join someone else's crew, just shout "Anyone going for the general?" or something like that (shout is the red button btw) and someone will probably shout "ME!" back...then you just pick a place to group up, crew them, and voila^^!  

Paradoxismminant

lasalle28

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:34 pm
Thanks, i already teamed up with a ninja kid ninja and beat the general. thank you for the advice. smile  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games