2 Cat Behaviour Questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nikolita

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:18 am
Hi everyone! First thread here for me. ninja

I have two cats, one which is more mine, my chubby spoiled princess named Cat. The other is an almost one-and-a-half-year-old cat named Tac (ha ha?).

Question 1 - My boyfriend and I have noticed that sometimes when Tac is dozing or sleeping on his back, or in a certain position (usually on his back or side, stretched out), his back legs will twitch or tick, to the point where sometimes they're almost like, vibrating. We keep forgetting to mention it to a vet, and we don't think it's serious, but we're just wondering if it's normal? I googled it online and several people mentioned vibrations due to muscle tension when stretched, but I thought I'd ask because sometimes Tac's body/legs will vibrate even when he's just lying on his back, not stretched out in particular.

Question 2 - This isn't really a medical question, just a behaviour question born from curiousity. smile

When I first got Cat in the fall of 2006, she had an interesting way of showing affection. For the few first weeks while she was getting used to her new home, she would duck under our coffee table and then straighten up, "thunking" her head on the table or any other hard surface she could fine. She's continued to do it over the years, to the point where she'll walk into a wall or hard surface (or my leg if I'm sitting down) with varying degrees of intensity when she's happy and/or wants attention and pets. I've never seen a cat do it before, just her. And now she's passed it on to our younger cat Tac too. xd : So yeah, does anyone else have cats that do this?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:37 pm
my cat cianamon has a behaviour like that too she will rub herself against my legs and rub her head against walls i think this is a sign of affection
i call her a role model when she does this(haha)  

Noveron

Nikolita

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:18 pm
brandonallison8970
my cat cianamon has a behaviour like that too she will rub herself against my legs and rub her head against walls i think this is a sign of affection
i call her a role model when she does this(haha)

Awww! 4laugh I think it's cute that our younger cat picked the habit up from our (my) older cat. Now sometimes if he's in the right mood, if he's standing on the coffee table meowing for attention, and you lean down and put your head close to his (like to kiss him or whatever), he'll stretch up and headbutt you while purring. Soooo cute! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:27 am
Q2 - I think she's leaving her mark in her new territory. On walls, furniture's legs, your legs. But you bath everyday and she have to mark you again. You belong to her. 3nodding (And she likes you too. smile )  

bibortetu

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Venuslady

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:33 am
as to question one, cats DO dream.... I've seen my guys legs "twitch" in their sleep loads of times! As to question two, her "thunking" her head is her way of saying "you're mine"!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:25 pm
Thanks you guys! heart  

Nikolita

El Diosa de la Tigre

7,300 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:48 pm
Cats headbutt eachother as a sign of trust and greeting. It's like when people shake hands. My cats do that with me all the time. There are scent glands located on their cheeks near their mouths, and when they ub up against things, they could be scent marking them. Hey! Atleast they aren't spraying, right?  
An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games