Welcome to Gaia! ::

~In His World~ A Sonic Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild for Sonic Fans and Sonic Roleplayers. 

Tags: Sonic, Roleplay, Hedgehog, Role, Play 

Reply ◊Sonic Discussion◊
Archie Sonic Comics

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a fan of the Archie Sonic series?
  Yes
  Kinda
  No
View Results

Scars-of-an-Undead
Crew

Friendly Camper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:00 pm
I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic like this in the sub-forum yet '_'
Anyway, it's just a personal opinion, but do you enjoy the US, Archie Sonic comic series? Why or why not?

I grew up with the comics as a kid, so I somewhat suffer from nostalgia and like the series xp I have to admit, some of the stories are incredibly absurd, yet there are the few that I enjoy and that stand out. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:05 pm
I'd enjoy it more if they didn't have so many furries with hair. Too silly and humanified for my taste. Sonic doesn't have hair. Knuckles doesn't have hair. WHY THE HAIR?!?! stressed
...ahem. I have been plagued by this frustration for a while. My apologies.  

Fastest Alive

Scars-of-an-Undead
Crew

Friendly Camper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:06 pm
Tis alright to vent out your frustration 3nodding
...Now when I think about it - I didn't notice the hair situation till you pointed it out '_' Weird O_o  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:19 pm
do they have any where to read them online :3 and the hair...I never seen hair o sonic nor knuckles..  

Keyara The Hedgehog

3,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Critic 0

Tspuun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:14 pm
I've been reading them on and off as of late. Scourge is cool and all, but he gets an awful lot of screen-time. I think the Echidna lore is pretty damn cool in the comics, much better than in the games. Knuckles needs his own spin-off comic again (yes, I'm aware that Sonic Universe is supposed to have some Echidna stories in it soon).

The hair isn't really that annoying in my opinion. What is annoying is that Sally/Nicole's hair doesn't make any sense when I try to draw it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:21 am
@ Celestrial Keyara

I buy the comics so I don't really know any specific website. sweatdrop Perhaps searching on Google will help you out! biggrin

@ Tomare

I actually haven't gotten the lastest issues in awhile. My brother was the one who would order them through mail (and I would steal them >_> ) and his subscription died about a year ago. Before his subscription died, I did notice Scourge getting a lot of screen-time, but I enjoy the character's personality (I just wish he wasn't a recolour though ninja ). The Echidna lore is so neat! I'm glad they go into more detail with it in the comics!  

Scars-of-an-Undead
Crew

Friendly Camper

Tspuun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:35 am
Well, his being a recolor is justified, at least. Before, he was just Sonic with sunglasses, this is actually an improvement.

As for scans, I know Sonic HQ has some, but not full issues, just the first couple pages.

The entire Dark Legion is just made of awesome. Finitevus needs more screentime...

What bugs me is that people keep allying with Snively even though it's a well-known fact that he has chronic backstabbing disorder.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:35 pm
@ Tspuun: I know right?

And Eggman going insane is no-brainer.
Does anyone have a guess at the new ruler?

Starstruck_Skies

Sparkly Senshi

17,175 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
◊Sonic Discussion◊

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items