Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:33 pm
I'm not telling any - but the Jews I know are the ones who tell Jew jokes - everyone else is afraid to transgress political correctness. The Gentiles all fear to be thought of as Cartman from South Park, or worse.

Are Jew Jokes cool or not cool? speak out!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:29 pm
(Jeez, I've been gone a long time)

It depends on the joke. Seriously, there are some Jewish jokes I laugh at, and others that are offensive. General rule of thumb- Holocaust jokes are not funny, those making fun of chicken soup are.

Beyond that, use your best judgment. You can PM me if you're not sure, because I'll try to be on Gaia more.  

RoseRose

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:48 pm
It's more situational humor, such as when someone's new boyfriend haggles with the restaurant manager over the bill and then calls his mommy (Hey Gretchen, you sure he isn't Jewish?). It's not 100% complimentary, but it's meant to be humorous, not spiteful.

The sad thing is that others take it to be spiteful, which possibly indicates that they are the ones with the problem and the ones masking bigotry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:08 pm
Hmm... I don't know. That's REALLY reinforcing some VERY negative stereotypes. I probably wouldn't complain, but I would feel very ackward.  

RoseRose

American Lad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:37 pm
I think like all jokes some should be ignored and some are really funny, its like with all cultures and I kinda think that the more we try to stop those jokes from happening the more idiots will try to say them to get on our nerves, so just ignore em.  
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games