Harry Potter is coming out Wednesday!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:41 pm
Yay! I can't wait. whee I might go see it in IMAX with my friend.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." -- Thomas Paine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:18 pm
I'm so exited! Me and my freinds are having an HP marathon before we go see it at the drive in!  

pen.love

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:23 pm
Ya, I was considering doing that! :3
I might get a head start today xP

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." -- Thomas Paine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:28 pm
They are showing Harry Potter marathons all over the place, so that will be easy! *snuggles POA* Ah . . . Remus/Sirius/Severus love with Harry, Ron, Hermion, and Peter as voyeurs. Good times, good times . . .

The Victorious Ashtree
Crew

Jamie_667

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:16 am
Jahzara Ashford
Yay! I can't wait. whee I might go see it in IMAX with my friend.

I thought it didn't come out in IMAX until the 29th, but that could just be around here.

I already bought my tickets like 2 weeks ago for the midnight showing! I'm going to dress up as Tonks! I'm sooooo excited!! This is me as Ginny Weasley and my brother was Fred AND George (he wore a name tag that said Fred on one side and George on the other and flipped it all night! everyone thought he was 2 differeft people!!)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:13 pm
Haha, that's awesome! Your brother looks alot like Ron, imo.
I hope it doesn't come out till the 29th. >.< I really want to see it Wednesday.

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

plethora of wtf moments

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:56 pm
i am beyond excited! i plan on seeing it in theaters at least twice (friends then father) and maybe again in imax.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:07 pm
It is? Sweet! I'm gonna stab myself now!  

Trixie in Wonderland

The Victorious Ashtree
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:16 pm
plethora of wtf moments
i am beyond excited! i plan on seeing it in theaters at least twice (friends then father) and maybe again in imax.

That's what I did for the fifth one. The first time my aunt took me, then I went to the IMAX with my friends, then a third time with my mum. The fifth movie was horrible, yes, but . . . Snape's Worst Memory . . . Young Snape . . . o 3o Also, we got sushi after the movie all three times, so that was a plus! :3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:16 pm
@plethora: I'll probably see it twice too. xD
@Cupcake: I take it you don't like HP. xD I know how you feel considering I feel the same about Twilight fans.
@Vic: I loved the 5th movie. xD

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

The Victorious Ashtree
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:08 am
Just came back from the midnight showing. biggrin I felt that it was much better than the fifth one, that's for sure . . . >>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:22 am
I love it! I saw the midnight showing as well. It was a mad house there! We finally found a spot, my friend and I, in the last theater!

It came to hit me that Harry Potter is a bit rushed at times and lacks the emotional impact at times. Like sectum sempre just seemed.... rushed and lacked no impact. And I didn't like that they didn't much talk about Sirius. And the scene with Bellatrix seemed a bit pointless. Nothing much happened that the movie could have done without in that scene. Just felt like he had to encounter her and they had to portray it for the sake of portraying it.  

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

The Victorious Ashtree
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:57 am
We have a really small theater here. There were more people there than I ever remembered, though! My friend and I sat in the front row.

Definitely. That was definitely apparent in the fifth one. (Yes, I will continue to rant about the fail that is the Order of the Phoenix. >>) This one had a little better pacing, but the emotional impact is basically shot. I thought the battle at Hogwarts was so rushed, I sat there saying, "What? WHAAAT?" scream

Bellatrix ruled, though. And, there was Greyback! And a picture of Regulus! And, and, REMUS! :3 I was happy.

// *Stabs bags*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games