Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
What inspired you to be an Artist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Both my father and grandmother are/were artists but it was my mother that encouraged me to draw. Since I grew up on a ranch I drew mostly horses until I started branching out into humans and other creatures when I hit my teens. I have always drawn, it is what keeps me sane sometimes and I get antsy if I stop for a prolonged period of time. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:34 pm
I met a girl named Kathryn who was older than me when I was about six or seven.. I thought she was really cool and she could draw really good. I looked up to her and I wanted to be just like her.. she also is the reason i got into anime.

NikkiUsagi

Generic Label

IRL Noob

11,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:29 pm
I would have to say anime but inuyasha in general; it was my first anime and i still remember the day i discovered it lol I instantly became obssesed with it and all I wanted to do was draw kagome or sango xD Of course I was terrible but i didnt care soon enough I discovered more and more anime and I wanted to be someone who draws anime some day, someone who would wind the mind of another child somewhere into art and cause joy x3 Wow that sounded cheesy lol I guess to sum it all up my inspiration was Rumiko Takahashi heart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 pm
it all started with a show called dragon ball Z i was 6 when i started drawing really muscle werid guys with spikey hair i did that for like ever but than two years later at 8 i found myself gawking at a how to draw more manga art book at a book fair i bought it and all i did for the next four years after that was eat sleep breath and draw that book it helped me branch out and find my lost love ulquiorra heart  

Fabled Rhythm

Invisible Soldier

0Doidle0

Distinct Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 pm
Nothing really inspired me
I didn't have an "I wanna be like her when I grow up" moment
I just really wanted to depict something I had in my head
after it ended up on the paper
I decided that I wanted to keep going...with drawing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:59 pm
I don't remember. I've been doing art since as long as i can remember.  

Rikus_girl731

3,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

XxX_Huntress_ArtemisXxX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:41 pm
When I was younger I guess what attracted me to drawing was...books. I've always read ever since I could. Its always been like I've experienced it for myself and I wanted to get them down on paper. Real life too I guess is what insipred me. I was always drawing butterflies and flowers that I saw.

I stopped drawing for a while though because of depression. Like full out depression total loss of all emotions not just sadness. That stopped me from drawing but while I was at the therapists I saw these drawings on his wall. All of dragons. I asked him who had given them to him and he told me his patients so thats what got me back into drawing. Now I'm super serious about it!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:26 pm
I just really enjoyed it a lot!
Since I was a kid, I drew and forgot the world while I was at it.
But the styles that influenced me changed gradually.

Some of you guys are pretty lucky to have parents or grandparents who are into art and support you though!

It's hard to buy all the art materials yourself. xp

Solus_Nyxx

Beloved Genius

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Jocktlwg

Aged Noob

6,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:50 am
Believe it our not, it was envy that got my artistic side to come out.

That's right, I was jealous of a screenshot tracer, as in the person had no artistic ability whatsoever and I was jealous of him.

Now that I'm older I know that whatever I went through to draw the things I do today he can never, ever hope to get to my level.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:47 pm
well when i was a little kid i used to draw a gigant monster with one eye eating people o.o for no reason...  

aRtMaNiaC_Jake_Below_x3

aspiring android

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:13 pm
Life. Art helps me to get my thoughts onto paper. I sometimes struggle with figuring out how to say how I feel (I tend to bottle up my emotions). I can draw what I'm feeling much more easily than I can say it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:24 am
Writing. And the lack of knowledge that there would be artists out there willing to work for free.  

akanekun

Informer

David Keju

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:24 pm
The comic Jonny the homicidal maniac.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now i draw cute things biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:40 pm
I have loved drawing since I was little.. I didn't get in to anime till I was in high school tho so I didn't start drawing anime till then. I guess what inspired me to become an artist was when I was younger.. My dad kind of pushed it on me to a little bit and always told me I needed to become more serious because my art was good.. Other than that I guess I had no inspiration.. I just liked to draw.. I was inspired later tho by the anime I watched and the comics that I read In the news paper.. that's what got me in to wanting to draw comic type characters.  

Ryo Skylight

Sparkly Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers