Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
I'm in The Market for an art tablet [Suggestions?] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a Art Tablet?
yes
62%
 62%  [ 33 ]
What is that?
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
no I dont want one
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
no but I want one T_T
32%
 32%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 53

ASHLEYASDFGH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:13 pm
AceZeldaz
Get the Bamboo Fun.

It's $150-
It comes with Photoshop and Corel Essentials, so your all set up to draw,
Plus its from Wacom, so it's dependable.
      3nodding
      This is what I have (well, I have the regular Bamboo Pen version. Its only 80-90.)
      Now they've changed it though. When I bought mine it was just called "Bamboo Tablet". Now they have Bamboo Touch, Bamboo Pen, and Bamboo Fun. Mine would now fall under the Bamboo Pen name. Its just a tablet and a pen; no mouse or other softwares (other than the tablet driver, duh). C:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:23 pm
I have a Wacom Bamboo fun....tried it, and decided actually traditional art was my calling. ^^;  

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

Ofan

Ruthless Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I was doing the same tablet quest several months ago XD

It depends on what are you going to use it for, and how much you have to spend on it. I'm starting an art collage this year, so I made a [ painful >.< ] effort and bought Intuos 4 for about 350& [ and it has 50$ discount now... damn -.- ]
The wacom Intuos 3 series is also great, but they stopped manufacturing it now that the improved Intuos 4 series has came out. but if you want to take the risk and buy a second hand, you can get an Intuos 3 in the same price you would pay for a wacom Bamboo fun, which is my next recommendation. If you are wanting it more for a pastime hobby than working reasons, Bamboo fun [ there are several types of Bamboo, so don't confuse Bamboo fun with other Bamboos... some of them suck and are meant for kindergarten kids to play with >.< ] is your best choice, since it is the most professional wacom you can find for less than 150%, and I know it can be painful to spend that much money on something that you are going to use only once in a while DX
and as for size, I recommend medium. small is too bothersome to work with, and large for someone who is not a graphic designer of some sort is just an overkill. medium is just about right when it comes to easy control and accuracy =3

good luck on your tablet hunt =D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:09 pm
Hmm,

Well I'm planning on getting a Bamboo Pen.
But, I want Intuos, but then again.
I dont have the moneys. sweatdrop  

foshizzlee

The Smut Peddler

High-functioning Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:05 pm
I have a Bamboo Pen & Touch $99. It was on sale at BestBuy for $60 in my area, so I bought it just by chance. My first piece was this which I submitted to an art contest in my area and won $60 for third place. XD Meaning it paid for itself on it's first use. XP All my work thus far has been with this little guy, I love him, he's very good- regardless of what other people think of this Podunk little tablet- it's pretty damn good. My latest works still use this same tablet- I have only had it for a year this February.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:05 am
User Image

~★░☆░☁ ...just get damn quiet and listen ☁░☆░★~

For me a wacom with a normal paper size (A4) is better. Cuz the bamboos are good too but they have a small workspace/funktionalspace or idk. It's sometimes harder to use (heard it from a friend)
I worked on january for some weeks in a design department,so I could use an Intouse 3. It was really nice to draw with it and I mustn't always zoom in, like as I used a smaller one once. Oh and there are some films or idk what's the name of these, that are tansparent. So you can put a handdrawing under them.

I'll get an Wacom Intuos4 next month... I can't wait to use it x'D It costs 379€ but my sister can get it cheaper (and pls I'm from germany so I have to pay in € and idk the price in $... google it Dx )

~★░☆░☁ maybe someone heard it... ☁░☆░★~

Yvilis

Unbeatable Noob

Captain Kolita

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:35 pm
If you can afford it, Wacom's Intuos is uber badass. I love it so much~! heart Very spendy, but it works deliciously well and comes with lots of nice programs, like Photoshop and Painter.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:54 am
I've been thinking about getting a new tablet. These suggestions have been helpful.  

x Varda x

Flourpie

IRL Player

9,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:48 pm
I ended up getting a Bamboo! thanks everyone!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:26 am
Chibicat16
the best one for a cheap price would be the bamboo fun tablet for i think 100 dollars. You get nib refill (3, usefull if u draw alot) and it has a lil touch thing you can zoom in and out with which is fun. You also get software. If you don't already have any which is just as good as the 600 dollar kind.

I have this one too, its really fun and enjoyable. Makes transition from traditional to digital a little less painful with all its perks  

Ig-Knighted

10,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

JennaLeeStar

Original Nerd

7,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:01 pm
Well, if you have, like, $80, you can get a tablet and an art program. See, I got a Genius Mouse Pen tablet for, mmm, forty-sum bucks, and got ArtRage 2.5 for $30. I LOVE them! ArtRage is really easy to understand, with nice layerings, and lots of drawing tools.
Now, the tablet has a pen and a mouse. It lets you draw very smoothly and detects very small pressure. For the price, it is awesomeness. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:39 pm
I recommend for your first tablet, the Bamboo Fun 8D
So you can get a sense of how a tablet works, and if you get better you can get a new tablet.  

Copic-Kun

Supportive Browser

Captain Kolita

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:22 pm
If you can afford it, the Wacom Intuos is AMAZING. I mean, you'll have to save up a bit, but it's better than buying a really little, thick skippy tablet because it's cheap. You can flip it for lefties like myself, it's light and the actual drawing space is about as big as Strathmore bristol board. ;D

But whatever you do, get Wacom. Almost everything else is iffy. >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:36 am
Flourpie
I ended up getting a Bamboo! thanks everyone!

Good choice. I have the Bamboo Pen. Hope you enjoy digital art.  

InsomniacNightlight

2,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items