Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Suggestions
Youtube Thread.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Supertheory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:55 pm
Can someone create an official Youtube/Video thread so that we have them all contained to one post, like the PYP thread?

It'll greatly reduce repeat topics, and provide a great resource for us to show all our non-gaian friends how cool we are because we know about all these hilarious videos nobody else knows about.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:30 pm
I've been thinking about this as well. I'm a complete video whore(as I'm sure you've noticed) and I used to just post them in new threads but have began just to post them in the PYP thread. I think a video thread could be a good idea, we could organise them by user or something to make them easy to find. Again, thanks for the suggestion smile

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

Supertheory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:53 pm
The thing is, if you have a specific thread for it, you can have the videos catagorized.

User Made (Generally youtube or photobucket)

Youtube

Music

Tutorial

Newgrounds

Etc.

The only argument one could make against it is finding someone to do the work, which I would gladly do - I'm a whore for organizing pics/music/vids.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:20 pm
If you would like to make a thread, I say go for it. I don't know if we would make it official or not, but people post enough videos, I doubt it would drop very far. XD
There could maybe be a post on the first page for each category so the first post doesn't get too overwhelmingly large.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:49 pm
I could see a temporary (or permanent one that moves to and from the Memorable/Recycle Bin forum and the Main forum when needed) one for user-made videos. Though since it is a trend and will die sooner or later most likely, making a permanent thread for it might just make another official thread to sit there gathering dust like the Voicemail thread does these days after that trend died. o: But I think that would be a good idea.

I think documenting all videos might be tedious and unnecessary. Most people just want to show it off, but probably don't care enough to want it added somewhere. Eventually, the list might just get too big or people might want to make their own thread for it.

However, what Szen said is true. If you really want it, you could also make a thread like it.  
Suggestions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games