Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
all guild members meeting regarding WMG and viacom

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cobaltboy7

Clean Gaian

1,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:28 pm
have you ever had you're youtube account unrightfuly takin off youtube by WMG or viacom? did they take down content from your youtube channel that they did not own at all? how did it feel to you ? wrong? unjust? trust me, anyone who had this done to them will have felt the same way you do. but... you can do something about it. we at unity understand and paired with this guild we will equip you with the tools need to help you prevent this from happening again. expect to see a post at 5 tomorrow evening. from this moment on friends, i declare that The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild of gaia and Unity are now partners.

to freedom, to unity, to fun, to gaia

cobalt boy  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:17 am
Okay, not sure what you're talking about, but thanks for the bulletin.

I sincerely doubt most of us at this guild are as skilled as you must be to create AMVs, and you for sure do not have the authority to put the NTSG in partnership with anything or anybody.
However, I have 1) enjoyed AMVs when given the chance and 2) do get disappointed when the sound is blocked or the video is removed, but that's life. >< There's a lot of public domain/free to share stuff available, and sampling and parodies fall under the Fair Use act. Hope that helped.  

Avzel

Crimsonhellite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:22 am
Its called false flagging  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:29 pm
Crimsonhellite
Its called false flagging

THANK YOU! finaly some on who agrees  

cobaltboy7

Clean Gaian

1,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 am
Just protest the muting under the jurisdiction of the fair use agreement. Alternatively, you can provide a link to download in the movie description should your vid contain too much of a song in the wrong context to fall under the protection of the fair use act. As for becoming partners with the NSTG, I doubt that our captain would approve of that. As a guild founded-in-part by gaia staff, we try to remain neutral when it comes to delicate circumstances such as these that would involve legal action.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:38 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Just protest the muting under the jurisdiction of the fair use agreement. Alternatively, you can provide a link to download in the movie description should your vid contain too much of a song in the wrong context to fall under the protection of the fair use act. As for becoming partners with the NSTG, I doubt that our captain would approve of that. As a guild founded-in-part by gaia staff, we try to remain neutral when it comes to delicate circumstances such as these that would involve legal action.
and thank you as well.  

cobaltboy7

Clean Gaian

1,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers