Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
3.5e The Hands of Multak 6/6 closed Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durgress

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:17 pm
Due to the absense of some of the players in the game, I am recruiting 4 people to play. If the old players show back up they can continue with no problem. Otherwise, I need new people.

The way I do games is a bit different. I don't make detailed plans on games. I make a good amount of hte stuff on the spot, and otherwise have a general plan on what will happen over the course of 1-whenever you die or about 30 (by that point even the gods become vulnerable, and thus the main problem can be fixed in the blink of an eye). Also, I will force the group to make moral and/or ethical decisions (lack of decision is a decision too), possibly leading to alignment shift, that will change the path the game, and mabey even the world, will take.

I plan on making this a decent mix of fighting and RP. And RP fighting.

Character creation: Seeing as most of the people joining are probably displaced from the closed games, I have nothing against you using the characters you had made for the other game(s).

Level: 1
Gold: 300
Ability score: 4d6 six times, toss out lowest one, and re-roll remaining 1s if you want to. Full rerolls allowed for execptionally unexecptional (or no stat above 13, or all but one under 10)
Alignment: Any, I'll even take an evil dominant group, or a mix.
Races: any with no ECL.
Restricted books: none, I have most of the 3.5 books out there, with the exeption of the completes. Just be prepared to type out whatever you use if I'm not familiar with it. I welcome homebrew, just get my approval to use it.

Added diety, feel free to have character worship him.
Multak: Originally mortal, Multak is now the god of Entropy. From his veritable castle in Limbo, which he has complete dominion over, he sees that the old crumbles and the new rises, from sparking rebellion in acient city-states to inspiring entrepenures (spelling?), He is the force of change across the planes.
Alignment: CN
Portfolio: Change, Rebellion, Entropy
Domains: Chaos, War, Freedom

Multak has recently looked at te planes for something that he needs to do and saw that a ruler in some backwater part of the Material Plane is trying to bring peace to an alarmingly large amount of land. Seeing that the ruler would then be given leadership of the whole of the treaty he has created, he sets out to act more directly against this than he normally does.

You all find yourself part of a caravan going into said ruler's kingdom. Feel free to make up reasons why. There are many outlying villages, a major city, and a small goblin problem. Good backgrounds will get goodies chosen by me to be given to their character at a certain point in the early game.

Um... anything I left out just ask about.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:51 pm
Sounds interesting. On-the-fly games can be fun. That's actually how I learned to play.

DM: "You're walking through the dark forest, toward the evil wizards tower, when you come upon the river, guarded by a... *flips through various books* HYDRA!

Granted, it was more comedy than plot, but it was still great fun.

Anyway, I'd like to join.  

x_Adriel_x

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:58 pm
i would be interested if your willing to help teach me, i have a very basic understanding of the 3.5 rules and non of the books tho sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:03 pm
I can indeed help. Feel free to ask questions.  

Durgress

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:09 pm
ok, i have been planing to raid the library ( to check out 3.5 books) that i go to for 3.5 rule books etc..
mainly will need to have/know a character sheet base to use, if there are multi-classes, what are restrictions on them, and what races are there?.

the first campaign i played in was actually a 3.5 or 3.0. ( 3-4 years ago) but it only lasted for about 5 games till DM ended up losing his papers and the character sheets. after that i ended up playing 1st and 2nd edition games.. that is what i mean as a very basic understanding lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:15 pm
[ Please do not link torrents containing copyrighted content. Doing so is illegal as per Gaia's Terms of Service. - Captain ]  

x_Adriel_x

x_Adriel_x rolled 20 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 2, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 4, 2, 5, 4, 2, 1, 4, 3, 3, 5, 4 Total: 66 (20-120)

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:16 pm
Rolling stats  
x_Adriel_x rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 3, 1, 2, 3 Total: 11 (6-36)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:17 pm
Last four rolls and rerolling 1's  

x_Adriel_x

x_Adriel_x rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 3, 4 Total: 12 (3-18)

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:20 pm
Rerolling more 1's  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:25 pm
So stats are:

5 2 2 5 = 12
5 4 3 2 = 12
2 4 2 5 = 11
4 2 3 4 = 11
3 3 5 4 = 12
5 3 3 4 = 12

Wow. That REALLY sucked. Since none of them are above 13, I think I'll try that again.  

x_Adriel_x

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:26 pm
x_Adriel_x
[ Please do not link torrents containing copyrighted content. Doing so is illegal as per Gaia's Terms of Service. - Captain ]

Huh. Sorry, I didn't know that. Just trying to be helpful. ^.^  
x_Adriel_x rolled 20 6-sided dice: 6, 2, 4, 3, 1, 2, 1, 4, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 1, 3, 4, 2, 6, 5, 2 Total: 68 (20-120)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:29 pm
Round 2, Part 1  

x_Adriel_x

x_Adriel_x rolled 7 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 5, 4, 2, 3, 4 Total: 24 (7-42)

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:30 pm
Last stat + rerolls  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:35 pm
Let's see how it turned out this time.

6 2 4 3 = 13
2 2 3 4 = 9
4 5 5 4 = 14
4 4 3 4 = 12
2 6 5 2 = 13
4 2 5 4 = 13  

x_Adriel_x

Durgress

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:44 pm
Wow Pavlov loves you Adriel.

www.myth-weavers.com
use the 3.5 sheet as base. Ignore teh skill points used, I think its bugged.

Multi-classing is fine, but if it is not within 1 level of your highest or your races favored class, you take a 10% exp penatly. If you do multi-class, as long as you dont pick a bunch of base classes, I'm rather linent. Prestige classes are exempt from this rule. There are a TON of races, and I'm leaving for best buy in a few, so ill get back on that.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff