Reply SCA Guild
Professional Pirate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 am
All the children in my household and I have decided to start our own pirate ship that stays with the household, and I was sort of wondering how to make that work since noone under the crown ever really hired privateers. My mom suggested that we say that the adults have trusted us to go off merchanting and as far as they know we are a "trustworthy merchant vessel". I think it sounds like a good idea but I'm trying to get other ideas from other people so let me know what you think!

Also, I don't want to be like all the Pirates of the Carrabian ships we see out there. I want to be as historically accurate as I can. Most of us are Irish and I'm having a really hard time finding anything about pre-Elizabethan pirates so if anyone knows of any good websites or books or other sources, let me know!

~Captain Morgan the Artfully Annoying  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:36 pm
Sorry, Grace O'Malley is the only Irish pirate I know of off the top of my head...  

Bard of Hyrule

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:36 pm
Yeah I've been doing research on her alot  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:43 pm
Captain... Morgan?

rofl  

Serrated Combat Wife

Familiar Girl

9,250 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Full closet 200

kashi-ko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:50 pm
I'm currently working on my persona as a female Irish Pirate. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 pm
To Surgical Heart: Yeah, I know. It was an accident xD
To Kashi: Cool. I'll be sure to let you know if I find any really good information, but so far all I can find is Grace O'Malley And Anne Bonny or Marry Rede... whichever was Irish, but Anne and Mary are out of period  

MorganOfCalafia

kashi-ko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:24 pm
MorganOfCalafia
To Surgical Heart: Yeah, I know. It was an accident xD
To Kashi: Cool. I'll be sure to let you know if I find any really good information, but so far all I can find is Grace O'Malley And Anne Bonny or Marry Rede... whichever was Irish, but Anne and Mary are out of period
Yah I just where wench gear and a fancy hat. Which looks rather interesting on the hobbit-esc body of mine. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:56 pm
I dress in mens clothes, since from what I can find that's what women pirates would have worn  

MorganOfCalafia

SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff