Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:19 pm
Thanks for answering. Now to figure out what campaign I could possibly join and what version of the players handbook I have. I don't know what version it is because it has no numbers on it. The front cover has a pic of a Dragonborn fighter and a I female human sorceror I think is the class.

I tend towards fighters and rangers. though I can play as any class if I know the races available.

If your Mercenary thing is still accepting, and if you'd be willing to have me around, I'd happily join it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:38 pm
That's 4th edition :3

I'd be happy to, but there's a slight problem. Most of the current missions are close to finishing, so having you join at this point would get you very little out of them. One mission, they're about to face the big bad, and another mission, they have 2 areas left to check. There's also a mountain climbing one, but I think all but 1 of the players have idled out of the guild, and haven't posted despite my PMs. Bringing that from 1 to 2 isn't going to save it, I fear >_o

You can still make a character for it, but you'll have a little bit of a wait on your hands. Probably til at least April, at the current rate of posting mad

NORMALLY games don't take that long, but we're at a point where a lot of members are busy with school midterms and projects and such, so games have slowed down to a crawl neutral I just wrote out a Mutants & Masterminds game concept, though that's not what you're looking for. If that doesn't take, I'll make a D&D game instead smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 pm
THis is all completely true so don't question it. there is one loophole in the DnD half Dragon rules that I once showed to a DM and he laughed until he cried. I don't know what edition the book was but it's something very few people even dm's think about. and that is a Half dragon that is actually a dragon. As in two similarly alligned dragons had a successful offspring. Like a half Gold half Copper. I've never tried to exploit that one due to lack of chances to play DnD.

The thing is though, I'm going to need a character sheet. Preferably not one you go to another website for, since my internet is bad.

And I'll happily read the concept if you'd be willing to post it. I'm famous and imfamous for creating mutants, monsters, hybrids, and machines.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:42 pm
"Mutants & Masterminds" is a superhero game.

And you're probably thinking of 3rd edition. When people use the phrase "Half-X", they do kind of mean Half Human...  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:56 pm
Rain Yupa
"Mutants & Masterminds" is a superhero game.

And you're probably thinking of 3rd edition. When people use the phrase "Half-X", they do kind of mean Half Human...

Ok...Any further details you can offer?

And Half-X does not automatically mean half human, X being a variable that has no predetermined value, so in truth, however it was meant by the creators of DnD, unless they say half human, then anything the DM will allow goes.

And Another concept on the half dragon no one seems to think about. A half dragon that is say half human, and the dragon half is actualy from a dragon parent that is a hybrid of two different dragon varieties.

I tend tostay away from superhero stuff, because there's always a secret Identity. Though If you make it, I'll join it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:26 pm
So, just curious... a Half-Elf, who's father is an Elf, and who's mother is an Elf, wouldn't that make the child a full Elf? Mechanically, a Half-Elf and an Elf are two different races with two different sets of benefits/drawbacks. Yet you are claiming that it would be the same thing.

If you try to argue otherwise, remember that you said two posts prior that a Half-Dragon has two dragon parents.

Anywho, in 4th edition in the Draconomicon books (I think the first one?), they cover the mechanics of a dragon born of two different dragon parents. It's not considered a Half-Dragon, but generally will take after either parent, or have traits akin to both (such as appearing as a green dragon but having a blue dragon breath weapon).  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:23 pm
No, What I said pertaining to a half dragon being a dragon, that was a loop hole in the rules that I found once, They've since corrected it according to what you just said.

Now, Can we please stop debating and just talk about the idea you had?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:28 pm
As long as you realize such loopholeyness shenanigans aren't going to cut it here, sure :3

I already made a thread for it, you only need to look at it smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Urahara Ayame Squad 3

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:31 am
2 Questions:
1. Do we have a Serenity/Firefly board?

2. Would anyone be interested in doing that?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:06 pm
Urahara Ayame Squad 3
2 Questions:
1. Do we have a Serenity/Firefly board?

2. Would anyone be interested in doing that?

Each subforum is its own game. If someone created a Serenity/Firefly game, and enough people signed up for it, you could get your own subforum for it :3

Currently, no one is running any Serenity games. Your best bet is to make your own new topic about the matter here in the main forum and see who's interested in playing. I know Myth Weavers and Tangled Web have Serenity character sheets in their online profilers, so that's also a decent start smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

XDazerethX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:31 pm
Is there a welcome thread or introductions thread? As a new member I find myself quite lost with no real direction. Any assistance would be appreciated.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:53 pm
There MIGHT have been one way back when, but it probably got lost in the shuffle. To the best of my limited recollection, people have just been making their own threads to introduce themselves and tell everyone about themselves. Feel free to do so :3

Also, welcome!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

XDazerethX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:44 pm
So are there any rules or things I should familiarize myself with? So do I just browse through the sub forums and pick or what?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:49 pm
It's generally frowned upon when players make characters and jump into existing games willy nilly like that ^-^ The best bet is to either make an introduction thread to yourself and say what you'd like to find; read up on and respond to threads in the main forum of people recruiting; or to read through some of the subforum games and PM the DMs that interest you. 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

XDazerethX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:11 pm
Of course, I'd never just dive into a RP without having an approved character profile.

I'll poke and prod around, thanks.

Have you guys given any thought to a welcome/introductory thread?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff