Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:31 am
Question: Can Bracers of Armor stack with normal armor?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:47 pm
glitterboypilot
Question: Can Bracers of Armor stack with normal armor?

Bracers grant an Armor Bonus, just like armor does. So they don't stack. If you have both, take the higher bonus of the two.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:38 pm
Thanks,

One more question, I don't see why not, but can Cragtop Archer's Arching shot stack with Far shot?

Arcing Shot (Ex): A cragtop archer of 3rd level or higher can fire a high, arcing shot to gain greater range with her projectile weapon. Any time the cragtop archer can fi re a projectile weapon in an area with at least 40 feet of clearance between her position and the ceiling (or any other overhead obstruction, such as a forest canopy), her maximum range with the projectile weapon is fi fteen range increments rather than the normal ten range increments  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:53 pm
I don't see why that wouldn't stack. Its not like it says "it grants a +5 feat bonus to range increments" or anything.

Feats are so precious in 3rd though, do you really want to waste them on range increments only?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:15 pm
I was just wondering cause Far shot was a prereq for the class, and I was trying to think of a build that would better the Arcane Archer prestige. I was only doing this out of boredom.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:19 am
I asked this question a while back, on a different guild, and no one game gave me an answer then. Well, the question resurfaced recently so I am asking again

I know it states that Damage Reductions don't stack and you take the highest one. Well, what if someone has damage reduction from two different sources and they are similar do those DR numbers stack? Example would be, some playable fey races have DR/cold iron and the warlock also gives DR/cold iron.  

Xboxplayerj

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:46 pm
Quote:
If a creature has damage reduction from more than one source, the two forms of damage reduction do not stack. Instead, the creature gets the benefit of the best damage reduction in a given situation.

So having two IDENTICAL DRs will do you absolutely no good at all. Though feel free to wait until someone more proficient in 3e come along and corrects me if I'm wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:53 pm
Rain Yupa
Quote:
If a creature has damage reduction from more than one source, the two forms of damage reduction do not stack. Instead, the creature gets the benefit of the best damage reduction in a given situation.

So having two IDENTICAL DRs will do you absolutely no good at all. Though feel free to wait until someone more proficient in 3e come along and corrects me if I'm wrong.
You're not wrong, DR doesn't stack unless you've found a rule that specifically states that the source of DR stacks with other DRs.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:08 pm
Question: Can a master of many forms use the wild shape ability to look like another person like the Change Shape ability or does it just look like a random person of that race?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:37 am
Exscuse me may I play pretty please  

PINK RATS TAIL

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:56 pm
Yes, you can. Keep your eyes open for any games that get proposed to be run by potential DMs :3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:10 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Question: Can a master of many forms use the wild shape ability to look like another person like the Change Shape ability or does it just look like a random person of that race?

"Wild Shape (Su): At 5th level, a druid gains the ability to turn herself into any Small or Medium animal and back again once per day. Her options for new forms include all creatures with the animal type. This ability functions like the alternate form special ability polymorph spell, except as noted here. The effect lasts for 1 hour per druid level, or until she changes back. Changing form (to animal or back) is a standard action and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. Each time you use wild shape, you regain lost hit points as if you had rested for a night."

I hope this clarifies it for you.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:42 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis

There's nothing specifically about impersonating someone under the rules for wild shape, however I'd say that yes you can attempt to impersonate any member of a species you have the ability to wild shape into, and get a +10 bonus to the disguise attempt to do so.

Sources:
Wild Shape: This ability functions like the alternate form special ability
Alternate Form: The creature is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its new form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
Improved Wild Shape: At 1st level, she can assume a humanoid form with wild shape.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:43 pm
My question is How and where to begin? I'm new to the guild, and while I've known about Dungeons and Dragons for years, I've never had the good luck of being able to play it since everytime I've tried I've ran into complications. In Highschool, I joined a DnD club, it was cancelled. Also in highschool, I joined a DnD group, The DM dropped out of highschool and I graduated. In the three years since, I've tried several times, but the closest I got was DnD online the game. And that while fun to an extent got very boring very quick, it's not the same as play by post or pencil and paper.

Sorry for unloading all this information, but there doesn't seem to be an "introduce yourself here" type thread.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:58 pm
This is a fairly good way to find players or groups local to you. I was linked to this from members of this very guild :3

I think right now, the bulk of the guild's membership that is normally active is occupied with midterms or somesuch, so things are a TEENSY bit slow right now sweatdrop

Welcome aboard, btw :3

Most introduction threads are made by players when they join, stating their intentions. As much as I wish new games were being made all the time, that is rarely the case, and most newbloods join when there's nothing to sign up for. I often recommend running their own game in the meantime while they wait for games to sign up for.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff